What happened on your farm today?

throsbi

Re: What happened on your farm today?

Post by throsbi »

Same thing that happens on the farm everyday the animals try to take over the world.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

finally finished one day on felsbrunn playing hard mode. after the update I started a new day because I could buy the house and field 20. not going into debt so far so I am making slow progress doing contracts. I found out that harvesting you can make more money when you harvest more than required for the contract and I got paid more. then I discovered I could save a little barley because the contract was complete and I bought a little 4k tipper to get the excess grain. now I can get some chickens and have barley to feed them. bought the fendt 515 because it goes the fastest to do the fertilizing jobs. did one contract for potatoes, hauled them to the wrong delivery point and lost time and money. tryed to figure out how to buy potatoes to fulfill the contract but couldn't figure it out. maybe I could buy a field with potatoes, harvest them, deliver them to the right place and then sell the field back. as for the game, I am liking it and really like the contract work in fs19. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Ganty

Post by Ganty »

Hi guys, was great reading through some of the posts on here so thought I should add my own!
My and my o/h started on Ravenport in farm manager mode.
We have fields 1&2 now a small garage with 4 spaces in it and our farm house. We started out doing corn and sunflowers and with one tractor and the harvester. (May add pictures later)

Onto today, I sold the last of our sunflowers and finished a contract on field 7 for fertilizing (best jobs to do for quick cash!) and was £400 short of getting the 250k Massey Ferguson tractor we have been saving for! Did another relatively quick fertilizer mission on field 4 to make sure I had more than enough to get the tractor with wide weighted wheels! We had also ran out of chicken feed, liquid fertilizer and seeds so took our small trailer and tractor with the pallet forks to the shop to stock up!

Next job is to start the cultivation of our fields again and get another harvest in. Looking at doing some more landscaping as we have some trechorous paths with adverse camber! :neutralnew:
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

So far today a lot has happened at Felsbrunn and it's only 09.30 in the morning. A new gravel road has been laid from the yard heading west past the paddock and hay/straw shelter to join with the through road. We lost a bit of the south of field 19 to accommodate this road, but we have expanded the northern edge to compensate for this. Turf has been laid at the road edge and a fence is due to go up there later today. Some of the land is a bit uneven here so I've asked the landscapers to see if they can fix it. Time will tell.

We also put our forestry plans on temporary hold as they are asking a lot of money for the fields in the mountains to the north. Instead, we have expanded our farm by purchasing field 26 which has a crop of Barley already sown on it. Unfortunately, some unsightly weeds were growing in the field too which we had to get rid of. Probably cost £1,000 in herbicide. I hope it was worth it. It looks like the weeds have struck our other neighbours too as they are crying out for someone to take care of the problem. I also see that there is a demand for fertilizer to be spread at our neighbours as well. I think the rest of today looks like being quite profitable again. Our hired horse helper did a good job yesterday and the horses are looking fit and well. Later this afternoon we might go and look at another four horses if we have enough money.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

harvested my oat. was about to pay back another 50k of my credit. when i realized i had a nasty problem with my seeds. so after scratching my head a little bit i decided to buy another silo; and fill it with 30k L of seed. which happened to work great. now i'm waiting for my wheat to grow up. and i'm still seriously thinking night and day about a way to freed my chicken. so they can free roam all around my farm without risking to be killed by a machine :biggrin2:

once the silo bought, had to fill it :mrgreen:

VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Fed the dog,threw the ball for him to fetch but he couldn't care less. Spreaded herbicide.

PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Continuing the day from my previous post, I managed a fair few contracts for the remainder of the morning. Chaining together no less than 11 weeding and spraying jobs for my neighbours. That was followed up by 6 fertilizing jobs. The landscapers are progressing well with smoothing out the ripples in fields 18 and 19. But the fencer is slacking in his duties. I've got a feeling he hasn't been doing the job for long at all. I was so annoyed I went for a ride on Ulysses to calm down a bit.

It's around 13.00 at the moment, my harvest won't be ready for a few hours yet so I've taken on a corn contract in field 10. It'll take a while with my equipment but the pay is OK. Maybe the fencer will have done a better job when I'm done there.
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

idk how you guys find the time to do all these jobs. i mean i didn't even find time to buy a dog so far, and i have only two fields. actually i won't buy it. i will adopt *thumbsup*
Largan

Post by Largan »

Felsbrunn.
Owned fields: 19 arable, 20 horse paddock and grass.

Finished harvesting soybeans on 19. Together with earlier harvests stored on a trailer I got together 28k. Sold it for 48.000. (Hard econony mode would have yielded 28.000).

Took my horses for a ride. 4 four training sessions then they will net me 200.000.

Possible plans:
-Landscape the end of field 20 (with the tower) to increase the area of grass.
-Getting a silo.
-Buy a garage/shelter.
-Buy field 21 and setup cows. In my head I could make a dirt road around it for horses to run on too).
Field 21 is 288k if my memory serves me right. Will prob buy a silo and field 28 first. And more horses.

I love how it feels like I need to plan ahead and, as I progress I have to adjust some plans. Placed a small silo bunker when I just started the map that now might need to be moved.
Every time I pass the small lake next to field 21 I wonder how (if possible) I could place the farmhouse and a small garage for the car and pickups (for when I get solid). It is a big bank loan in the way. So there are things to do for sure.
Xbox ONE: Felsbrunn.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

It's the planning that makes this game for sure.
Johndeereman4250

Post by Johndeereman4250 »

Baled hay and brought hay in and put it in barn. After that we went out and started combine soybeans. First year with all plowed and radishes
All Deere All day
FS19 addict. Ravenport XBONE
🚜🚜🚜🚜
Largan

Post by Largan »

Noticed that my 30hour pre-patch save didn't let me place things at the same places as a new save would. So I started a new save.

Own fields 19 and 20.
Just placed farmhouse, paddock, silo and hayloft.
Bought two tractors and leased som equipment.
Planted oats and when I got some harvested I will get 4 horses.

What annoys me the most is that I had cleared all trees off the end of field 20 already.
Xbox ONE: Felsbrunn.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Epic Landscaping and Terraforming Fail

Finally retired 17 and picked up 19 a couple days ago. Things were moving along nicely on Ravenport. Running in Farm Manager, and had been doing some custom work for the neighboring farmers (mostly harvesting and fertilizing) with equipment that I had purchased soley for that purpose. Found me a nice little patch that looked suitable for home base on the north end of field 6. Placed a house off the road a bit and between the two trees there. Made a nice gradual sloping gravel drive up to the house. Looking good. Tried to drop a shed behind the house a little ways and that's where it went south for AgPro Farms. It was a complete and total disaster. Had to scrap the whole project and luckily nothing had saved. Tomorrow will be a new day tho, I suppose. Great first day. Lol.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

today i woke up very early, i started to harvest my corn. but i had nasty problems with my machine not harvesting anything. so after swearing to all the creation animals, i decided to give FS forums a try at home, and see what was going wrong. i came across a useful thread saying that possibly when such things happened it was because you maybe forgot another crop in the harvester tank. so i got back to my beloved 7347, and yep there was a few oat remaining inside it. so i emptied it, and woot! i could harvest my corn. then i realized that it was early, and i wasn't totally awake :mrgreen:
Last edited by jpm1 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Today we retired our Massey Ferguson Harvester after 44 hours of reliable service. We intended to get another one to go alongside it but the cost of hiring another employee to operate it made it rather expensive. Then, at the Shop, I saw the CLAAS 780 Lexion and the deal was done. It didn't help that the bank is right next to the shop and they were more than willing to loan us the money we needed. What a difference! Two contracted fields 9 & 10 with Oats and Canola were dealt with in less than an hour by this beast.

We also bought field 21 to go with our other 6 fields. We'd have preferred it if it came with crops already planted but it has been sitting there for 2 days full of weeds. I extended the field on 2 sides to make full use of the space available. Surprisingly I managed perfectly straight edges that even GPS guidance would struggle to match. It is now seeded with Oats, although the new parts require some Lime as the PH balance is wrong.

In the next couple of hours I expect our crops to be ready for harvest, so a busy afternoon is due to get underway soon. No rest for the wicked!