Rollback when cutting branch with chainsaw

Toutafait

Rollback when cutting branch with chainsaw

Post by Toutafait »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Chainsaw and Trees
- Issue: Rollback when cutting branches with the chainsaw (pine tree)
- Single- or Multiplayer: Multiplayer
- Steps to reproduce: Cutting tree branches
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Felsbrunn with mods
Last edited by Toutafait on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toutafait
FiremanDJ

Re: Rollback when cutting branch with chainsaw

Post by FiremanDJ »

Can you please elaborate on this issue.
Are you saying that sometimes the logs roll and move after being cut?

If, welcome to REAL LIFE.
Depending on the terrain, logs often roll about. The difference between the real world and the game is the games terrain is infinitely harder and smoother thus allowing logs to roll easier.
Toutafait

Post by Toutafait »

Nothing is about the logs, it's my caracter who rollback like lags or so
Edit: My multiplayer mate also experience this rollback/lag when i'm cutting branches on tree
Toutafait
Spiritine

Post by Spiritine »

:confusednew:
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

Wait, your character can roll? Mine can only crouch or stand up, walk and run.

Please please please, give a FULL DESCRIPTION AND EXPLANATION.
Here's an example of the wrong way and the right way.

Wrong way: My tractor won't turn

Right Way: When I drive my MF 5600 while towing the Stara Estrela 32 up a slight hill, I am unable to turn.
The front wheels point in the right direction, however the tractor keeps going straight. It looks like the wheels are still touching the ground.

Can you see the differences between those two examples.
The first states nothing more then the basic problem whilst the latter paints a wider picture that includes vital details that are useful to diagnosing the problem.

Please do these two steps for me.
1) Try to identify if it's caused by a mod.
Load the game WITHOUT any mods and see if it still occurs.

If the error goes away, progressively load you mods back in until the error occurs again. Identify which specific mod is causing the error and tell us what mod that is. If it's one released by Giants, they can fix it.

If it happens without any mods installed, then Giants at least knows it's a bug within the base game.

2) Whilst the proforma is good at promoting specific information, eg which platform you are using, it is NOT a replacement for an accurate and detailed description.
Please write down exactly what occurs, (my character moves 0.5m to 1.5m in a random direction, my character moves rearward 1m etc) and the exact steps to follow to reproduce this error (face a pine tree, crouch down, rotate any chainsaw to 90 degrees clockwise, aim as low as possible to the base of the tree in order to see the green circle...).

You will obtain a much better response if you take the effort to identify possible causes, steps to reproduce the error and explain everything. Even use a screen capture program (Nvidia has one built into GeForce Experience software), upload a short video of the error occurring to YouTube and link it here. A picture after all tells a thousand words, whilst video tells thirty thousand words per second...

After all, based on your original post, I thought this was about logs moving after being cut and I'm not even the who has to identify what code is causing the error. With millions of lines of code and different teams working on different areas of code, it's very hard to fix something when you aren't even looking in the right area or aren't even the right team.
Toutafait

Post by Toutafait »

Fireman Dj if you don't know what a rollback is in the world of gaming go on the internet... :biggrin2:

Happens whatever position caracter/chainsaw is. There is no right or wrong way.

When i cut a tree, then i'm cutting the branches, i'm going to bottom to top for cutting them with my chainsaw, and then at top, my caracter is rollingback for 10 seconds

What else can i say? could be server issues, i can't take off mods it's not my server.
Last edited by Toutafait on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Toutafait
Spiritine

Post by Spiritine »

Try a different server
Stiglitz

Post by Stiglitz »

I guess you could better describe it as "rubberbanding". Would that fit your experience?
I also have rubberbanding whilst debranching a tree.
Toutafait

Post by Toutafait »

Stiglitz wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:51 am I guess you could better describe it as "rubberbanding". Would that fit your experience?
I also have rubberbanding whilst debranching a tree.
Now you say that, rubberbanding seems more appropriate, also happens when you do that alot, nothing happens when cutting only one tree
Toutafait
tacocatbell

Post by tacocatbell »

Your "rollback" issue could be caused by lag on the server. This isn't really a game problem. It's probably your internet connection or something wrong with whoever is running the server. I'm just ruling out possibilities
"That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero" - Stan Lee