Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Addictedtofs

Re: What happened on your farm today?

Post by Addictedtofs »

Thx! It's just a hobby 😊
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I needed to cut some trees on the hills near my farm in Ravenport, first i used the Sampo Rosenlew harvester but it did not work out well (pictures missing), then i went to bank, borrowed some money and bought this baby:

As you can see, on hills it is worth the extra money!
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Got the farm yard all ready for the new Sod.

In desperate need of placeable trees and such for consoles.

#sosgps
#sostrees
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Today, there was time for reflection at Felsbrunn. It always happens this time of year. Usually, I'd be too tired to do much about anything, but with less than 3 hours sleep in the last 24 hours, I felt surprisingly awake and alert. We'd been asked to take on a big ploughing contract for our neighbours. There wasn't a lot else to do at that moment so I agreed to do it. Our equipment isn't really man enough for such an undertaking so I agreed to borrow the tools from the shop. I set the hired help to work in field 6 for me, but it became apparent he was struggling and I ended up doing the job myself. The New Holland tractor they'd loaned us was absolutely knackered. But I wasn't prepared to pay the £1200 repair bill myself so I struggled through the contract completing it in just short of 90 minutes. I hate ploughing contracts!

We currently seem to harvest in the afternoon most days, but our new field 11 with oats was ready earlier than expected. The Lexion demolished it in short time. The only sad thing about the Lexion is that it gets dirty very quickly. Oat prices are low in the area at the moment so I topped up the horses and put the rest in our Silo until the prices are better. The field needed Lime and took a lot of the stuff. Nearly 9000L.

Once field 19 is harvested later this afternoon, I'll be putting it to grass. We have been doing a fair amount of silage up until now, but we need space for a bigger shed in the yard, so the silage clamp has to go. It only gets used every other day and space is at a premium in the yard. One half is always full with tools anyway. So it will become another shed. I tend to make bales now anyway. That leaves me wondering what to do with the New Holland 190D. It doesn't see enough work at the moment to justify keeping it. But with our expansion into forestry due any day now, It might still have a future as a log loader. We can just about afford to have it wait around to see.

We are moving further into livestock and established our first sheep pen today. So we can ramp up our grass/hay bale production. Any excess grass can go into silage bales now. I'd imagine with fields 19 and 20 set to grass we can have quite a lot of sheep around. We'll see how production goes.

The first harvest of our joined fields 26/27 is underway as I write this. It looks like we might get 40,000L of Barley from them. The barn is going to be inundated with bales again. The 120 saplings we planted by the water tower are now ready for felling. They'll have to wait. I need the right equipment to tackle this and it doesn't come cheap. The first of our horses will be ready in 5 days, so that will help. In the meantime, we'll buy a field in the mountains, get our shed, maintenance hut and diesel tank set up there and plant more saplings. Probably around 60 per day so we can get a proper cycle going.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Truck and trailer full of sunflowers hit by train, now stuck in trees half way up a mountain in the trees. :(
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

niggle44 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:12 am Truck and trailer full of sunflowers hit by train, now stuck in trees half way up a mountain in the trees. :(
Can you use the force unload option to dump the sunflowers? I guess you will lose them if you reset the trailer.
radio3

Post by radio3 »

While unloading a unfinished bale of cotton on field 22 of felsbrunn had a small mishap with the harvester and the trailer being to close. This resulted in a 5000l bale of cotton stuck in mid air on the field and nothing i can do to get it down.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

radio3 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:41 pm While unloading a unfinished bale of cotton on field 22 of felsbrunn had a small mishap with the harvester and the trailer being to close. This resulted in a 5000l bale of cotton stuck in mid air on the field and nothing i can do to get it down.
I got 2 full bales like that on a contract. There was no trailer around. They just unloaded like that. So I guess it's time to fail my contract
XBOX/ FS22
psfd237

Post by psfd237 »

Peter Griffin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:15 pm
radio3 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:41 pm While unloading a unfinished bale of cotton on field 22 of felsbrunn had a small mishap with the harvester and the trailer being to close. This resulted in a 5000l bale of cotton stuck in mid air on the field and nothing i can do to get it down.
I got 2 full bales like that on a contract. There was no trailer around. They just unloaded like that. So I guess it's time to fail my contract
If you save and exit, when you reload the game the cotton bales will be on the ground and you can pick them up. Much better than failing the contract. Happened to me a few times.
Sinjorenbloed

Post by Sinjorenbloed »

Basically what happened so far is:

Bought some land on fellsbrunn to start my own cow farm. So just spend money on land (and turning 1/3rd of my land into a decent farm), cow pasture, small equipment to just do cow farming: small tractor, milk wagon, frontloader, etc... Always bought the food for my cows (hay balens, straw bales, silage) from the store instead of producing it myself. Quickly realised the cows barely make any money - i had like 15 at the time. They eat way more and produce way less milk than in FS17. So I realised i needed to expand my operations. So i went all in to start some cropsfarming as well: took out the max 500.000 loan to invest in bigger tractor, harvester, sowing maching, herbicide sprayer etc....So now i'm working hard on this tiny field of what's left off my patch of land to keep me from going bankrupt while paying off this massive loan....
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

psfd237 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:01 pm
Peter Griffin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:15 pm
If you save and exit, when you reload the game the cotton bales will be on the ground and you can pick them up. Much better than failing the contract. Happened to me a few times.
Ok thanks.
XBOX/ FS22
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

yesterday was a hard day of non stop work. but it was definitely worth it, as the sugar beet price was good, and the maize price was simply astonishing.
so i woke up today exausted, but in a good mood, cause i was able to make some nice paper
i started the daily routine harvesting my soya on my huge 4 ha field. and i was thinking that if my harvester had a bigger cutting range, things would go much faster. so after thinking about it for around half a hour, i decided i'd give that new Russian company a chance, and i bought one of their harvester. that puts me now at 12.6m for standard crops, and 9.4m for maize for all in all less than 450k € which seems to be definitely a good deal to me

selling my beet

now next step will be to relocate my chicken husbandry which i find a big too close to the habitation. and relocate the silos too. also will have to build a beets hangar, and cut the grass in front of my new home. oh, and i have to solve a big problem too, i have no clue where i'm gonna park all these machines :lol:

oh, and last thing but not the least,i came to a milestone, and paid back half of my 500k € credit. i owe only 250k now, which makes only small monthly payments
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Yesterday I bought field 6 on Ravenport with ready to harvest wheat on it. harvested (2 fert-states). After that, I plowed and limed it and put Cotton in the ground. hope to get home from work before wife and kid arrives :gamer: :smileynew:
PS4 und PC
iB055

Post by iB055 »

iB055 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:41 pm Got the farm yard all ready for the new Sod.

In desperate need of placeable trees and such for consoles.

#sosgps
#sostrees
Well the Sod guys delivered but the tree guys were a disappointment.

FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro