Just disappointed

Deereslayer
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Just disappointed

Post by Deereslayer » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:46 am

Having played for over 35 hours, I'm just disappointed in 19. American map is just blah, nice scenery but what is it do as far as farming? Just wasted space. Money system is better, but not great. Equipment is ok, but the introduction of John Deere has been disappointing. A Few tractors and combines but no other equipment. Losing a ton of the modded placeables from 17 that should be base game is questionable. And then no seasons, really bad move in my opinion. A game that was 2 years in development, this is a huge step back.

I just can't bring myself to play it right now. I want to but just don't feel it because of what I had at the end of 17. Hopefully mods come out to bring me back, but not sure it will. Had the highest of hopes for this game, but just ain't feeling it right now.

User avatar
PoggleBox
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 am
Location: UK

Re: Just disappointed

Post by PoggleBox » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 am

Sorry to hear you feel that way about the game. It's what you get used to I suppose. I'm really enjoying (349 hours) the vanilla game with a few equipment mods but nothing that cheats my workflow. I got bored a bit around the 60-hour mark but then decided to up the roleplay attitude and only do the less boring stuff most of the time. I'm looking forward to the new seasons mod. And will try other mods probably but nothing that's solely designed to get rich quick. There's no point in that for me.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10

gilroy222
Posts: 577
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: Just disappointed

Post by gilroy222 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm

I think most of the disappointment comes from being spoiled at the end of 17... It does for me anyway. Lone Oak and seasons on 17 just took the game to a whole new level for the first time for me and now it's hard for me to enjoy anything else...

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 1753
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Just disappointed

Post by chedly_farms » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:27 pm

gilroy222 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm
I think most of the disappointment comes from being spoiled at the end of 17... It does for me anyway. Lone Oak and seasons on 17 just took the game to a whole new level for the first time for me and now it's hard for me to enjoy anything else...
I will agree with this comment. The mods turned a good game into a great game. I think the basics (once they get the bugs fixed) to 19 is way better than 17. Once we see some Mod maps (albeit, Ravenport is really growing on me. Terraforming goes a long way!), this game will be really good. Modders will have mods to fix a lot of issues to make game play a better overall experience. DLC's will make the game better. I came in around April of '18 so I had all the maps and dlc's without having to wait. So, a little patience will go along way.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Osina, 200+ hours
Stone Valley x2, 1 1/2 hours
Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours - Retired.....

_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Retired Part Time Key-Board Warrior, UnRetired Sarcastic Poster.
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

ilovetrains
Posts: 443
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Re: Just disappointed

Post by ilovetrains » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:27 pm
gilroy222 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm
I think most of the disappointment comes from being spoiled at the end of 17... It does for me anyway. Lone Oak and seasons on 17 just took the game to a whole new level for the first time for me and now it's hard for me to enjoy anything else...
I will agree with this comment. The mods turned a good game into a great game. I think the basics (once they get the bugs fixed) to 19 is way better than 17. Once we see some Mod maps (albeit, Ravenport is really growing on me. Terraforming goes a long way!), this game will be really good. Modders will have mods to fix a lot of issues to make game play a better overall experience. DLC's will make the game better. I came in around April of '18 so I had all the maps and dlc's without having to wait. So, a little patience will go along way.
I get this. Both sides. I cannot for the life of me figure out how Giants can develop something as game changing as the landscaping feature...but cannot incorporate things like FollowMe or AutoCombine. I am yet to anyone actually explain why Giants chooses not to simply incorporate some of the script mods that become the backbone of the game. Seasons is a big mod, changes game play, etc. Would be awesome, but really if they cannot get some of the easier ones done...

User avatar
jpm1
Posts: 348
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:30 am
Location: Dordogne

Re: Just disappointed

Post by jpm1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:09 pm

i'm coming from 15, and i'm really enjoying the game. it's now in my Steam top 5 most played games, and i'm confident it will reach the n°1 position very soon. i never tried the seasons mod, but i don't miss any season system in game. i'm having lot of fun.
but OP paradoxically your thread is the kind of thread why the game may be released eventually in 2 years, instead of a more logical longer period. and thus will make you be disappointed to have to convert all your placeables again. mods add fun to the game, but don't forget that if you can mod the game, it's because Giants allows you to. i know lot of great games, that you can't mod, even in your wildest dreams.
i'm really loving the game, and i hope next sequel won't come before 3 or 4 years. i'm not missing anything so far. i mean i'm having so much fun with that game right now

Peter Griffin
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Re: Just disappointed

Post by Peter Griffin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:13 pm

ilovetrains wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 pm
I get this. Both sides. I cannot for the life of me figure out how Giants can develop something as game changing as the landscaping feature...but cannot incorporate things like FollowMe or AutoCombine. I am yet to anyone actually explain why Giants chooses not to simply incorporate some of the script mods that become the backbone of the game. Seasons is a big mod, changes game play, etc. Would be awesome, but really if they cannot get some of the easier ones done...
because giants didn't make those mods they do not have the rights to take them for their own

Edit don_apple: fixed broken quoting.
Last edited by Peter Griffin on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX/ FS19

User avatar
hugassi
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Re: Just disappointed

Post by hugassi » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:14 pm

gilroy222 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:15 pm
I think most of the disappointment comes from being spoiled at the end of 17... It does for me anyway. Lone Oak and seasons on 17 just took the game to a whole new level for the first time for me and now it's hard for me to enjoy anything else...
even with glitches I'm loving the fs19; I agree with your opinion but I believe that this game will, over time, be better than the previous one!
GIANTS Software: Partner Program
full "FS" collection / pc / ps4
https://www.twitch.tv/the72farmer/

User avatar
Addictedtofs
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 am

Re: Just disappointed

Post by Addictedtofs » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Peter Griffin wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:13 pm
because giants didn't make those mods they do not have the rights to take them for their own
That doesn't mean that Giants couldn't incorporate some kind of advanced AI that could do some of those things that those mods do. If they want to allow an AI to follow me with a trailer while I drive, I seriously doubt that it would count as "mod theft."
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway

Rasping rabbit
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Just disappointed

Post by Rasping rabbit » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:26 pm

Addictedtofs wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:59 pm
Peter Griffin wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:13 pm
because giants didn't make those mods they do not have the rights to take them for their own
That doesn't mean that Giants couldn't incorporate some kind of advanced AI that could do some of those things that those mods do. If they want to allow an AI to follow me with a trailer while I drive, I seriously doubt that it would count as "mod theft."
It could be classed as theft of intellectual property which I believe has very vague rules. I think they would need to make it significantly different enough so it wasn’t classed as a copy. And follow me is pretty basic in functionality (not to say that it’s not a great mod and timesaver) I shouldn’t think you could alter it enough and keep the functionality.

thumbwiz
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Re: Just disappointed

Post by thumbwiz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:40 pm

Rasping rabbit wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:26 pm
Addictedtofs wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:59 pm
Peter Griffin wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:13 pm
because giants didn't make those mods they do not have the rights to take them for their own
That doesn't mean that Giants couldn't incorporate some kind of advanced AI that could do some of those things that those mods do. If they want to allow an AI to follow me with a trailer while I drive, I seriously doubt that it would count as "mod theft."
It could be classed as theft of intellectual property which I believe has very vague rules. I think they would need to make it significantly different enough so it wasn’t classed as a copy. And follow me is pretty basic in functionality (not to say that it’s not a great mod and timesaver) I shouldn’t think you could alter it enough and keep the functionality.
All they would need to do is write their own code and use their own assets, give it a different name, and it wouldn't be theft.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada

User avatar
Addictedtofs
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 am

Re: Just disappointed

Post by Addictedtofs » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:03 pm

thumbwiz wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:40 pm
All they would need to do is write their own code and use their own assets, give it a different name, and it wouldn't be theft.
Exactly
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway

Kgbow
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Re: Just disappointed

Post by Kgbow » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 pm

Completely agree.

I moaned at the start. I'm moaning again. Been on for 100+ hours now. BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED.

I've uninstalled and stuck to FS17. They had so long to work on this game. For the amount of time they've had vrs the product we got? absolutely ludicrous. They game MAY be good in a few months? a year? with mods? but is that the whole point?

They make a game, WE make it better? by we I mean all the hard work the modders do. FS19 is just FS17 with a graphics mod installed. Not even a good one at that.

Hopefully we will get a decent update or new game soon....... Any indie farming entrepreneurs around here, now is your chance. We all know for a fact, that a new game on the scene would get all of our attention.

Rasping rabbit
Posts: 1280
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Just disappointed

Post by Rasping rabbit » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:21 pm

Addictedtofs wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:03 pm
thumbwiz wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:40 pm
All they would need to do is write their own code and use their own assets, give it a different name, and it wouldn't be theft.
Exactly
But the end result is that the player presses a button, and the tractor starts to follow you. Therefore the idea is exactly the same.

Like I said, it’s a vague area. Or it could possibly not be an issue at all, I’m not a lawyer so wouldn’t have a clue. Just a thought.

eric21
Posts: 6131
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Just disappointed

Post by eric21 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:10 am

Kgbow wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 pm
Completely agree.

I moaned at the start. I'm moaning again. Been on for 100+ hours now. BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED.

I've uninstalled and stuck to FS17. They had so long to work on this game. For the amount of time they've had vrs the product we got? absolutely ludicrous. They game MAY be good in a few months? a year? with mods? but is that the whole point?

They make a game, WE make it better? by we I mean all the hard work the modders do. FS19 is just FS17 with a graphics mod installed. Not even a good one at that.

Hopefully we will get a decent update or new game soon....... Any indie farming entrepreneurs around here, now is your chance. We all know for a fact, that a new game on the scene would get all of our attention.
So u still playing fs19?

Locked