The US map is trash

tim1972

The US map is trash

Post by tim1972 »

The US map is the biggest pile of trash that giants has ever done. It is the worst depiction of the US that I have seen yet. I am so disappointed that they took it in this direction, it feels like a slap in the face to the American player. I've been all across the world and have seen rough areas in every country that I've been to and I have also seen equal beauty in each. I don't know where Giants got there idea of what the US looks like but this map is not it. Its like they took the worst parts of the US and tied them all together in one horrible map. I mean oil barrels in the water? Really?. I find it insulting because someone had to take the time to build it that way so it wasn't just an accident. I think its the worst map they ever did and if you just look at the trash laying around all over the map that just says it all. Now before you start the comments about how I'm just overreacting, imagine if it was a depiction of your country. I'm interested to see what everyone else's opinion of the map is.
iB055

Re: The US map is trash

Post by iB055 »

As much as I hate to say it but I agree it's the worst "American" concept of a map yet. Being from the midwest myself I understand that there is farming all over the US but a majority of it is in the heartland of the US and that is where they should have based "Ravenport" from and not a small portion of the west coast. However in my personal opinion it is still a far better map than Felsbrunn or the South American map layouts.
Last edited by iB055 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

Well, I can say that I was really surprised when I saw all the trash on the beach the first time.. I can't say I liked it.. Maybe it's some kind of statement that we have to take care of our world and stop throwing trash everywhere.. I don't know.. I haven't played alot so I can't say how the german map looks like.. But if there is a difference between the two maps when it comes to these things, then there is something really wrong..
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I may be able to weigh in on this, considering I am married to an Austrian woman who came to the U.S. as a child. This is how they view our country and Americans in general. We are supposedly a violent, ignorant and dirty people. It's disgusting how conceited people from that part the world can be.
I have heard it from her family the whole ten years we have been married.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Felsbrunn - really good detailed map what represent southern Germany areas, some details also from Switzerland and Austria, so the map what represent the Giants employees homeland. Map has lot of true detail things to the Germany. I like that you start middle of the map and has lot fields for helpers to work with. Also i like they choose the hilly area of Germany. Nothing bad to say, maybe not good map for forestry. But hey, there are not much forest in Germany left anyway.

Ravenport - I like the trash lying around there, makes it more detailed. I understand some US people home area is clean and nice but US has lot of ugly areas and trashy people.
But what i do not like:
1. West Coast - who farms in the west coast? Since we have one hilly map already, i wanted to see great plains area.
2. Narrow roads - USA has wider roads than on this map, roads are so narrow that the USA vehicles does not fit into them well.
3. Sharp turns - Hulk with wilson trailer and you cannot take most of the turns on this map.
4. Not enough headland - even the fields are nice and big, helpers will not work well on them with Big Bud and so on, because there is not enough room to turn.
5. Small selling points - all USA heavy equipment gets stuck on them, they made them so small.

Before they announced one USA and one Germany map, then i hoped for hilly area near Alps and some middle USA state flat area, like texas or oklahoma.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Addictedtofs wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:52 am I may be able to weigh in on this, considering I am married to an Austrian woman who came to the U.S. as a child. This is how they view our country and Americans in general. We are supposedly a violent, ignorant and dirty people. It's disgusting how conceited people from that part the world can be.
I figured this was the case. That is a shame that you have to hear it from her family... Although with the way the media blows things out of proportion its hard to blame them for thinking that way sometimes lol
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Actually a lot of farming happens on the West Coast.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Ok, actually now i tell you why it is trashy map. Because Giants wanted to put the entire USA into one map, same they wanted to do with Felsbrunn. Both maps has different sides of the country.
And the USA has lot of trashy areas, not all the map is full of trash, only some areas.

I am from Europe and i have been many times in Germany and USA and Germany does not have such trashy areas so much like in USA, i think map maker wanted to put this part of USA into map also, Felsbrunn does not have it, because there are not so much trashy areas in Germany.

And one more thing, before you make the new topic, search, there are already two topics with same issue:
November topic:
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=130619&p=1033766& ... a#p1033766
December topic:
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=138061&p=1074900& ... t#p1074900

This topic will die soon and next month someone make a another with same complaint.
ccs101

Post by ccs101 »

Having lived in several parts of the US and traveled to many other parts for my whole life, and have traveled to other parts of the world as well, I will say that there are trashy people in all countries and all parts of the world... no one area is exclusive in that regard. However, I will say that even back in the 2013 Westbridge Hills map, there were little piles of trash here and there, etc... not too bad, but the Ravenport map is WAY OVER THE TOP. There is not a single home in that map with new paint, they ALL have peeling ugly paint, all the buildings with metal roofs have rust on them, etc... Actually, California is the last place I would see that kind of homes and businesses... the times I have been to California, it is neat and clean... Not only that, but the scenery itself, even though very detailed (the best Giants has ever done on a game to this point) is very inaccurate as to real American tech... a typical house on the map has multiple AC units, Sat dishes pointing the wrong way, European style power boxes, etc... in fact, the placeable farmhouse that comes on the map has 4 outdoor AC condenser units (where a typical US house has one, for the central AC) and a window unit on the porch. Then, going inside, the window unit is not even in the window, merely floating out in front of it... then, there are 2 window units (the inside front cover portion) on the walls up by the ceiling. There are many,many more examples of these sort of inaccuracies thoughout. Shows the lack of research what goes into realistic placement of scenery in a map, especially the US ones. And the new farm silo... a massive dump point, no way for the grain to get up into the bin, then, all fruits magically reside together (along with the rootcrops and sugarcane) inside the same bin... hmmm
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

gilroy222 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:20 am
Addictedtofs wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:52 am I may be able to weigh in on this, considering I am married to an Austrian woman who came to the U.S. as a child. This is how they view our country and Americans in general. We are supposedly a violent, ignorant and dirty people. It's disgusting how conceited people from that part the world can be.
I figured this was the case. That is a shame that you have to hear it from her family... Although with the way the media blows things out of proportion its hard to blame them for thinking that way sometimes lol
Yeah the media and our movies lol
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

So what do people watch RoboCop and they think our cities and streets are like this? lol
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

I'm not a fan of ravenport either. Giants maps I've played that I like to dislike are as follows :
1 Westbridge hills (gold medal)
2 sosnovka (silver medal)
3 Hagenstagh (bronze medal)
4 Goldcrest
5 Estancia (i would like this map more if it wasn't for the soil color. I know it fits the area. But after a couple days of playing this map my mind starts fantasizing for brown brown dirt again and i have to change)
6 Fellsbrunn (undecided, love the fields hate that tight town.)
7 Ravenport
8 Bjornholm (I'd put it lower if i could. Man I hated this map.

Notice that map order has a lot to do with farm yard location and how well the map itself flows. Yeah i know you can put your farm anywhere you want but that is a huge expense.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
jacurdal

Post by jacurdal »

With this year's map, I feel the goal was to make an obstacle course, not a farming community.

Anyways long time listener, first-time caller.
Joshj27a

Post by Joshj27a »

The US map *censored*. The trash everywhere is totally disrespectful. Giants tried too hard on both maps. There is not enough acres to farm and all the hills and rocks is wasted space that could be used to farm.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I think it's an intentional slap in the face to the US players. The US has really been ticking people off over the last couple years. This is their way of insulting the US while still providing a map to their largest customer base.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada