Just disappointed

Jagtractor

Re: Just disappointed

Post by Jagtractor »

A new farm sim game is like a new baby.
Doesn't do much in the beginning. Always messing itself up and can barely hold up its own head. "Really thats all it does". Kind of disappointing. Then we get into the toddler years. Can walk finally without constantly falling down. But can't be trusted to take the stairs without killing itself. Then the kids years where it can do most things on is own with little supervision but still not fully trustworthy. Then the teens where some quality imagination (mods) start coming out. Some work some don't. Then adulthood arrives and the game takes on new and wonderful possibilities these mod years are now having mod babies and the cycle starts again. Thus the lifespan if farm sim series.

I'm not disappointed in this game. It had issues but every new sim style game does in the beginning. I knew it wouldn't be miles ahead of 17 cause of hardware limitations (especially for the console) and the short development cycle. The consoles are at the end of their life cycles soon and i wasn't expecting 19 to look much different on a now 5 year old console.
I miss the mods for 17 but time will bring them all around again and it gives me time to destroy ravenport and fellsbrunn so i will never be tempted to download them again in future games mod maps. Im looking at you goldcrest
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:05 pm just popping in for a sec....I see nothing has changed here... later
Your signature makes you seem very bitter for somebody who apparently didn’t even buy the game. Try not to rush back ✌🏻
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Back in fs15 someone claimed that they stopped playing it, so another user found their steam account and it showed they were still playing
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I think really the larger issue is engaging with the customer through polls, official moderated wishlists etc to see what is important for players. It is great that the game support modding as it does. However at some point some of these features should become standard out of box capability if that is what players want.

Also the closed looped development until release is not helping. Yes it is exciting to wait on the reveals of machinery build up to release, but the secretive approach leads to the mountain of bugs we need to deal with at release time. I will say it again. There should be a open, or closed beta program to help with feedback and bugs before the game hits gold.

To put my feedback in context, I am a product manager for a software company so have been there seen that...Most important thing...listen to your customers.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Once again, bickering. If I have to close every thread then so be it.
Report posts if you have a problem with it.