FS 19 Steering wheel returning slow

fonziyo

FS 19 Steering wheel returning slow

Post by fonziyo »

Giants, this is pointed towards your team.
Bought Farming sim 19 with my brother to play together in multiplayer. The game is great, BUT it has a big issue. Both me and my brother have steering wheels (Logitech DFGT and G29) We both play on PC.

The problem is in two parts.
The first thing is with the wheels themselves, the steering speed is limited by the game making it difficult to make fast manuvers, ti's like drunk driving. It's like you turn 90 degree fast and the game turns at its own speed, and then if you make a counter-manuvere it goes really bad. you can't predict where the wheels are going, when the vehicles are going to steer, very likely the path of the vehicle is like the path of a snake.
The second problem is in multiplayer, the input lag of the wheel on the client-side of the game, is very very big. In multiplayer is impossible to play with a wheel and expect a normal gameplay.
drizzit

Re: FS 19 Steering wheel returning slow

Post by drizzit »

Sounds like the same problem I had so if you havent already tried it,

Once you have loaded a game go to general settings and change "Steering back speed" to 100%

For me this helped a LOT with the "drunk driver" feeling *thumbsup*
Gnasher3i6

Post by Gnasher3i6 »

Have you changed the axis deadzone in the game options?
I think it is set quite high as default, I had to change mine to 1 for my wheel to feel realistic.

From the main menu (don't load a game) Go to options, device (picture of a controller) Press X.
You should see a list of control axis and sensitivity options, Change axis 1 to 1%.
UK - PS4/PC Player
fonziyo

Post by fonziyo »

I have the deadzone turned off, and the steering back speed at 100%, and this is not a setting problem, it is a game engine limitation, FS17 has it too but it is barely noticable.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have this issue mainly with the wheel loader ... !
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
fonziyo

Post by fonziyo »

Believe me, it's not only with the wheel loader. It is on every vehicle in the game. The devs probably sowed down the turning speed because of the players who play with gamepads, otherwise the steering is too fast- not smooth like on a wheel. I hate the game only for this stupid reason *thumbsdown*
Stiglitz

Post by Stiglitz »

Yes there seems to be a maximum "steering speed" which is ridiculous.

For Steering wheels it makes absolutely NO sense at all..
Gnasher3i6

Post by Gnasher3i6 »

Guess I'm lucky, Mine works fine in single player.
It does sometimes get a little sluggish in multiplayer but only when it's a laggy server.

Are you sure it's not a setting you have missed?
What's the settings in your controller software look like?

Don't have much to change on mine but the Degrees of rotation set to 900 help
I can't see why I don't have a problem on a much older wheel and you do. :confusednew:
UK - PS4/PC Player
fonziyo

Post by fonziyo »

I have the same Logitech Driving force GT as you do. My brother plays with the G29. And i have the settings on- no feedback( the game doesnt suport it) and spring on 10% At 600 degrees of rotation.
Im prety sure it's not a setting. Just you guys are not so used to wheels or not driving in my style, no offence. :hi:
I personally am a racing guy and i'm used to do sharp counter-manuvers or turns. Not saying i am racing in FS :lol: jus it's my style and i do not want to change it for a game. Wierd thing is when you play FS 19 in MP and "get the hang of it" when you switch to a different game it's like WOW WTF, everything is sooo direct.
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

I have all my settings correct, there IS lag when turning the wheels in either direction (away or back toward center).
I can spin my G29 to full rotation lock (on 900 degrees setting) and in game the tractors wheels are still catching up.

It's not a sensitivity, dead zone or range of movement issue, it's a speed issue.
fonziyo

Post by fonziyo »

FiremanDJ wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:17 am I have all my settings correct, there IS lag when turning the wheels in either direction (away or back toward center).
I can spin my G29 to full rotation lock (on 900 degrees setting) and in game the tractors wheels are still catching up.

It's not a sensitivity, dead zone or range of movement issue, it's a speed issue.
Yep, Exactly
szechla

Post by szechla »

there is a reason for that
these machines are heavy farming equipment, do not expect them to turn like race cars
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

theres no force feedback so your not going to have a spring set at 10 percent spinning the wheel have you guys actually had any experience with sim racing wheels there not built for farming there built for simracing .. :lol:
fonziyo

Post by fonziyo »

So you want to tell me that i can't steer the heaviest tractor in the world with one finger :hi: and i dont think that a real tractor has this lag in the input. I dont expect it to turn like a race car,but i expect it to turn where i want and i dont have to guess where the wheels are going to be
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

fonziyo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:53 pm So you want to tell me that i can't steer the heaviest tractor in the world with one finger :hi: and i dont think that a real tractor has this lag in the input. I dont expect it to turn like a race car,but i expect it to turn where i want and i dont have to guess where the wheels are going to be
To partially solve this issue, you can change a value in the xml file belonging to the vehicle in question.
Open the xml and look for this line.

Code: Select all

<ackermannSteeringConfigurations>
        <ackermannSteering rotSpeed="40" rotMax="40" rotCenterWheel1="3" rotCenterWheel2="4" />
</ackermannSteeringConfigurations>
Change the rotSpeed value to something like a 100. this works best for my g27.

CAUTION: If you change anything in the base game files, you won't be able to play multiplayer anymore. You better download mods and change those. For your own personal use, of course. :wink3:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.