game speed cycles normal to 120 / auto-cycling thru menu functions

VAGamer

game speed cycles normal to 120 / auto-cycling thru menu functions

Post by VAGamer »

Context: Mouse/kb, only modhub mods installed for several weeks, map with 300+ hours, no big problems or crashes. Move tractor using arrow keys and cruise control most of the time.

Went to detach a planter from NH T6 tractor and the game stalled, couldn't move the tractor via normal keys. Hit escape for the menu and saw the game speed cycling from normal to 120x very quickly. I was able to cycle through the various machines with tab key. I had no way to change anything else at this point. Ended the game via task manager. (This situation has happened three times recently).

Did the usual things: restarted game, validated steam game files, rebooted computer with same result. Even tried a new keyboard and got the same thing.

If you need, I can send the save game folder.

New info: Tried to re-create the situation and follow some other recommendations. This time, it seemed like the game is actually freezing with some animations still running. I was able to cycle through the machines but not actually influence them. The hired worker drove straight off the field and drove until he hit an obstacle. In the menu, the different options were being selected in rapid vertical succession rather than horizontally through the game speed menu option.

Before trying to do stuff with the tractor, I took manual control of the harvester and was able to turn/interact normally with it. Then I turned it back over to worker. Next, I tried to interact with the tractor and the game froze while I was trying to use the planter. I watched the in-game time for a few minutes at normal speed with the game frozen and it never changed.
Attachments
log.txt
(390.13 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Last edited by VAGamer on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stiglitz

Re: game speed cycles from normal to 120x without player input

Post by Stiglitz »

When this happens again, maybe have a quick look if your keyboard key is stuck or something? (Tab to windows and open a notepad and see if there are any inputs)

Also what happens when you press 7 or 8 when this issue occurs?
VAGamer

Re: game speed cycles from normal to 120x without player input

Post by VAGamer »

This has happened with one older keyboard and then with a brand new keyboard, so I do not believe any key is stuck. I did shake the keyboard the first time to see if there was dust or anything involved, with no result.

I will try to tab out and try 7/8 as well.
VAGamer

Re: game speed cycles normal to 120 / auto-cycling thru menu functions

Post by VAGamer »

I added some new info above.

Alt-tabbed out and had normal inputs. Changing speed didn't make any difference with this iteration of the problem. I was able to interact intermittently with the mouse.