FS19 Static Lights Flashing (Turn signals)

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
brandon092

FS19 Static Lights Flashing (Turn signals)

Post by brandon092 »

Does anyone know how to get the static light to flash? I can apply the static light variation, vertex paint it any color I want and get it to light up but
I can't get it to flash no matter what I tried. If anybody can help that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I also get the "doesn't have all required vertex attributes for material" error in the log
akron

Re: FS19 Static Lights Flashing (Turn signals)

Post by akron »

I hate to bump this, but I too would like to address the community with this same question, rather than just open a new thread.

I have a model I am trying to convert from FS17 to FS19 and have imported one of the default lights, "sideMarker_04Orange", which is a very good representation of the light I need on the tractor. I can get the light to work, but it does not actually blink when the turn signals are activated, it just stays on the whole time. I also used "rearMultipointLight05" elsewhere on the tractor and that turn signals works just fine.

I've inspected the materials and shape settings of both lights side-by side and matched them exactly in GE, but it has no effect. Just can't figure out what differentiates a turn signal from a regular side marker light
TSM

Post by TSM »

wildberry

Post by wildberry »

TSM wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:30 pm @both of ya take alook at this https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?t ... msg1330528 :)
thanks, a bit too much for most modders I guess who simply want to convert an older item. As GE8 has some more functions in regard models, would it be possible to add it through editing the i3D file I wonder?
MC, aka Master of Cereals
banditbooker17

Post by banditbooker17 »

I doubt it as the uv's are embedded in the 3d file and that's what needs to be changed. I'm no expert though so take it as you will. I just know to get them to blink the uv offset is 1 to the right and 2 down. Which needs to be done in a 3d program like blender. TSM's link goes into more detail.
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

The UV map has to be one below the colormask ones. The colormask will still work, to paint the mesh color, but they'll blink then.
CSSurvival

Post by CSSurvival »

I’m not trying to convert a model, but I need help with a bug in FS 19. When I turn on my turn signals, they are flashing really fast. I play on PC.