Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

SwoopGB

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by SwoopGB »

Just gonna say...... I discovered fs17 late. Only a few months ago in fact. Seasons was already well established and I think I played about 15 minutes of vanilla fs17 before heading straight into seasons.......which made fs17 the game it should have been. The game I wanted. I even went as far as putting a clever VBA'd excel workbook together to allow me to compair year on year accounts.

I managed to resist the urge to move to fs19, mainly cos I was enjoying 17 so much still......and even when friends told me all about the cool new stuff 19 has I still resisted cos I wanted to wait for seasons. However, tonight I could resist no longer and downloaded 19.

An hour or so is all I can stand though. Its brilliant, I love it, the new graphics, the horses, the maps, wooot!

But without seasons I wanna go back to 17.

:-(

Please hurry....
Last edited by SwoopGB on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Largan

Post by Largan »

Really looking forward to seasons. Playing FS19 without it feels like a real grind and I miss the need for planning, making sure there is enough of the right products before it's too late to harvest etc.

Really excited to see the new seasons- keep up the good work guys- you truly make FS more fun to play!
Xbox ONE: Felsbrunn.
Australian Sugar

Post by Australian Sugar »

Cannot wait. Two things concern me as a long term seasons player of FS17

I'm Australian, and from the cane capitol of Australia. Cairns/Mossman/Tully region.
We grow cane, and grass and thats about all our climate will allow (Far North Queensland/Wet Tropics)
http://www.australiansugarcane.com.au/B ... nsug17.pdf

1.I struggled with Seasons in 17 as it still forced the AI to plant other crops ie. Cereals which is just something we cannot do here.
The AI in 17 could not plant cane, and if the AI in 19 cannot plant cane that will also be an issue as it leaves me 90% down time in the game and renders my cane hauling/harvest/planting machinery useless until my cut is ready again.

2.Cane stalks - We need to be able to pick our old stalks off the ground in a forage wagon before doing the yield plow
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Australian Sugar wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:27 pm Cannot wait. Two things concern me as a long term seasons player of FS17

1.I struggled with Seasons in 17 as it still forced the AI to plant other crops ie. Cereals which is just something we cannot do here.
The AI in 17 could not plant cane, and if the AI in 19 cannot plant cane that will also be an issue as it leaves me 90% down time in the game and renders my cane hauling/harvest/planting machinery useless until my cut is ready again.

2.Cane stalks - We need to be able to pick our old stalks off the ground in a forage wagon before doing the yield plow
Your observations are valid gameplay concerns, but they don’t seem to be issues with Seasons. I think they are artifacts of how Giants has implemented sugar cane in the base game. The issue of other, climatically-inappropriate crops being planted all around you though could maybe be addressed in a GEO specific to your region. I believe it is possible to individually set planting and harvest windows for each crop so you could effectively restrict which crops grow and which don’t.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

With cane stalks, depends on the farmer
Australian Sugar

Post by Australian Sugar »

DirectCedar wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:41 pm

Your observations are valid gameplay concerns, but they don’t seem to be issues with Seasons. I think they are artifacts of how Giants has implemented sugar cane in the base game. The issue of other, climatically-inappropriate crops being planted all around you though could maybe be addressed in a GEO specific to your region. I believe it is possible to individually set planting and harvest windows for each crop so you could effectively restrict which crops grow and which don’t.
Sorry I wasn't clear with that, not exactly a direct concern regarding the seasons team.
But honestly I'm trying to get a "Wet Tropics" Geo made - My issue is I am a console player with no real acccess to a computer to make my OWN GEO and have it approved / pass testing.
I made 3 GEOs for Seasons17 and had no way of getting them onto my console to play with.

I would happily pay for a GEO
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

The problem with cane/poplar for missions is that they are not planted on the whole field but it rows. When the AI plants it does the whole field so it looks and works wrong. Sadly it is quite complex to fix this because it has far reaching concequences in the AI and contract system
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

If you are happy to pay for a small mod, why aren't you happy to pay for a PC where you can do what you want plus more?
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^^ £10 for a mod or £800 for a pc... tough one that
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

FiremanDJ wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 am If you are happy to pay for a small mod, why aren't you happy to pay for a PC where you can do what you want plus more?
Off topic but: Some people just prefer console over pc (I myself do not understand why, but still..). And even thou I'm on pc, I can not mod at all beyond small edits to .xml files and some map editing in GE. Therefore I could see being willing to pay for something I wanted in the game for myself. Now I do not believe in modders hiding their content behind pay walls nor anything like that, but if I desperately wanted something and no one had created nor was making it, I could see possibly trying to hire a modder to create it for me (which if I ever did something like that, I would let the modder release it and/or just release it myself to the community...)
PC gamer.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

For the record, mods for Farming Simulator should be free. It's against the ToS to sell them.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Yes and we know this but some modders still think its ok to ask for donations for "beta" access
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

I look forward to seeing seasons for 19, it was a breath of fresh air for 17. In fact it was the only good thing to come out of 17.
The only issue(for me) was weird graphics on the ground in the distance while playing 17, more so when it snowed... it didn't affect the game in any way, just didn't look right. Seasons didn't cause this issue, it came with the game.
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

It may be against TOS to sell mods.
HOWEVER you can a person to hire somebody to create a specific mod, whether that mod remains a private mod or is released to the public is up to the hiring agent.
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

Man, I'm excited now. As much as I loved 17 on its own, Seasons just gave everything a sense of purpose rather than "wash, rinse, repeat" style gameplay. I just bought 19 the other day, and I must say, it just feels like a step back. Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the hate wagon that's chugging along at full speed. I love the new features and the new graphics are stunning, but I just can't get readjusted to eternal summer. That one picture of the tractor covered in snow is putting my anticipation levels at an all-time high lol. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store further down the road.