AGCO related Equipment

Mark0306090120

AGCO related Equipment

Post by Mark0306090120 »

This Is Not A Rant. It is a suggestion. Why is there not a Challenger 1000? Cant you guys add Challenger 300s,400s,500s and 600s? Like shown here https://www.equipmenttrader.com/Farming ... w=listView. You could add 835Cs in the game. They almost all go up to _95s. What about more AGCO brands? Like shown here https://www.agcocorp.com/brands.html .What about Terra Gators and Ro Gators?
cmdrbyron

Re: AGCO related Equipment

Post by cmdrbyron »

There is a saying that comes to mind just now - "Given infinite time and infinite resources, anything can be accomplished"

Intellectual Property licensing is not as clear cut as you may think it is. Just because one tractor from one brand is in the game does NOT equate to Giants being able to add anything and everything else related in terms of form, function, appearance or brand (or a myriad of other potential relationships).

In a nutshell, everything has a cost. In order to ensure that FS19 didn't cost $1,000,000 per copy and they were able to actually release it, vice remaining in development and never releasing (yes, I am exaggerating on both accounts, to prove my point), compromises were made in terms of effort, because the amount of effort that can be applied in a given period of time is directly proportional to the resources available, which is where cost comes in. Effort is required to generate graphical models, generate associated animations, integration, etc...

P.S. Just because you opened your post with "This is not a rant", doesn't detract from the language you use later on...
kintino

Post by kintino »

Would not Fendt Vario 1000 be the same as a Challenger 1000? Soon it would not make sense.

There is already challenger mt900e in the game.
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

There is also a Fendt 900MT and Challenger/Fendt 800/1000 tracked as well. As OP mentioned it would just be nice to have the Challenger version of of the 1000 series too, it is just a paint job but nice to have
Trumpcard54455

Post by Trumpcard54455 »

In comparison and contrast, I can only imagine what Kazunori Yamauchi went through with "Gran Turismo: Real Driving Simulator," over the last ~20 years, when it comes to licensing each car then displaying it in game the way the brand appreciates. It wasn't until much later that you could have some amount of design influence over the tracks raced; or paint styles on the cars. All things, good and bad, will come with time. I imagine the licensing process to be similar but more tedious for farming simulator. We can't dismiss that Giants haven't already expressed our same ideas in regards to AGCO, but the "red tape" is the only challenge. GREAT TOPIC!
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

kintino wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:00 pm Would not Fendt Vario 1000 be the same as a Challenger 1000? Soon it would not make sense.

Why would they let giants use both versions when they could charge a licensing fee for both?

Techinically they are different versions/brands so it would be doubtful they would be covered by the same licence automatically
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

There is no license fees at all, it is about what Giants and AGCO wants to put into the game.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

No... there are licensing fees. The companies want to make money, so they charge GIANTS to allow them to use it. That’s how every game with licensed products work
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Mark0306090120

Post by Mark0306090120 »

kintino wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:00 pm Would not Fendt Vario 1000 be the same as a Challenger 1000? Soon it would not make sense.

I know the MT900E is ingame but there are more powerful varients of it. And Yes the Fendt 1000 is the same. The Challenger 1000 has 2 varients. One is just the Fendt in Challenger livery. The other is just less complex.
Mark0306090120

Post by Mark0306090120 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Why would they let giants use both versions when they could charge a licensing fee for both?

Techinically they are different versions/brands so it would be doubtful they would be covered by the same licence automatically
They are owned by AGCO and if you look on a Challenger 1000 is says made by Fendt. Atleast the ones i saw. They are covered by the same license. If they werent then we might have got a Cat combine and Cat Skidsteers.
Mark0306090120

Post by Mark0306090120 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:56 pm There is a saying that comes to mind just now - "Given infinite time and infinite resources, anything can be accomplished"

Intellectual Property licensing is not as clear cut as you may think it is. Just because one tractor from one brand is in the game does NOT equate to Giants being able to add anything and everything else related in terms of form, function, appearance or brand (or a myriad of other potential relationships).

In a nutshell, everything has a cost. In order to ensure that FS19 didn't cost $1,000,000 per copy and they were able to actually release it, vice remaining in development and never releasing (yes, I am exaggerating on both accounts, to prove my point), compromises were made in terms of effort, because the amount of effort that can be applied in a given period of time is directly proportional to the resources available, which is where cost comes in. Effort is required to generate graphical models, generate associated animations, integration, etc...

P.S. Just because you opened your post with "This is not a rant", doesn't detract from the language you use later on...
Fendt and Challenger are owned by AGCO. The same company the Fendt 1000 is a Challenger 1000 in Fendt livery vis versa. They aren't different
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:56 pm P.S. Just because you opened your post with "This is not a rant", doesn't detract from the language you use later on...
I'm not the OP obviously but what do you mean by language he uses later on, I feel like the OP was quite civilised in his posted, so far
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Mark0306090120 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:59 pm

They are owned by AGCO and if you look on a Challenger 1000 is says made by Fendt. Atleast the ones i saw. They are covered by the same license. If they werent then we might have got a Cat combine and Cat Skidsteers.
I understand that, but if it states on the licence that Giants can use/reproduce the ‘Fendt 1000’ then that is all they can reproduce. Despite being made By the same company, and probably 99% of the machines are identical, they are made with different branding to a different design, even if the changes in design are just the colour, badge and upholstery. That is generally how licences work.

At the end of the day we can both guess at this for as long as we want, but unless we see the licences or someone from giants pops up and confirms either, then we will never know.
Mark0306090120

Post by Mark0306090120 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:00 am
Mark0306090120 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:59 pm

I understand that, but if it states on the licence that Giants can use/reproduce the ‘Fendt 1000’ then that is all they can reproduce. Despite being made By the same company, and probably 99% of the machines are identical, they are made with different branding to a different design, even if the changes in design are just the colour, badge and upholstery. That is generally how licences work.

At the end of the day we can both guess at this for as long as we want, but unless we see the licences or someone from giants pops up and confirms either, then we will never know.
True
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

I'm curious though how much did giants spend on the current license? And how much is a branding license cost in general. I've always been curious but never looked into it
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi: