question about squared bales

hugassi

Re: question about squared bales

Post by hugassi »

I liked to see a smaller and cheaper trailer for 8 square bales, it was way too cool to pack with less height
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Henk D.

Post by Henk D. »

Use the big square baler, i always did.
I went for the cheaper round option with the bale wagon with the gates.
What a mess.
Stacked all the bales nice in thr wagon, closed it and the bales came out of the top.
That thing is ****, never use it.
You are warned.

Cant i say ****?
Then i use the word manure.
I love Lossberg on ps4. *thumbsup* :hi:
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

nah the rounded bales works great, but you need to download Giants Ursus T127 from their site. loads, unloads super fast. even with stored bales. just bring the machines near the bales heap, and you're done. of course the squared bales will go faster. but as i play like a small farmer, in a realistic way, i have no need for this *thumbsup*
Sgt_UberGrunt

Post by Sgt_UberGrunt »

Large Square bales are used for many reasons:

1)they are much faster to produce that round bales as in game the round baler is much faster than IRL, as the round baler does not have its 22s wrapping cycle that it would IRL
2) As they are usually a much higher density, they can be stacked much higher than round bales, and as they are squared off, can basically make a large wall of hay or straw up to 10 bales high
3) the length of the bales can also be adjusted from 120cm to 270cm, all by setting a trigger stop on the machine that activates the knotters every so often.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

In real life square bales are almost twice the size of round bales
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

thank you
Manic_al

Post by Manic_al »

Equipment aside the two different type of bales have their different uses, a square bale has individual layers which can be ripped off a bale easily and fed to animals individually without the bale falling apart and creating one big mess on the floor like a round bale tends to, this in turn makes these bales much easier for feeding single penned animals at such a time of lambing or other breeding seasons however they are much heavier so the bale goes much further but you tend to have to pick the bale up with loader.

Round bales are much easier to handle in real life, the netting that the baler puts around the bale is much more versatile therefore the bale can be easily rollied from point to point, once it is where you want it to be the net can be cut away and the bale rolled out making it much easier to spread the contents of the straw for bedding by hand without the use of the straw spreader in smaller built up pens (again such as lambing).

For feeding, silage and hay bales tend to be put into individual feeders, a square bale tends to have to have a static feeder which the bale is placed into because the feeder (even though it is portable) is much heavier and requires the use of a loader to move around the farm, therefore in a pen situation the feeder is not as useful as the bale has to be put inside it. Similarly to the last point a round bale can be rolled into the pen by hand, tipped on its end and then a ring feeder can be popped over the top by hand.

Hopes this helps for “real life” but you aren’t going to be able to do it by hand anyway and the feeders are on the outside of the pens so round bales are really that useful in the game, even if you can stack more into the back of a trailer.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Plus if you need to feed by hand, round bales are a Bratwurst to get apart sometimes, while square bales are essentially in nice even slices.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
emz

Post by emz »

I feed horses and sheep every day with round (dry-ish silage) and square (dry) bales. Squares are easier to handle and quicker to feed the animals, but with 20+ horses round bales are cheaper in the long run. At least where I live. In the winter they need to be stored in a shed or otherwise they are a b*** to open, especially if frozen.

Friend of mine uses a round bale spinner (like the Himac HaySpin, just homemade) when feeding their cows, really handy, and at one stable they have a spinning/turning platform on the ground with a big spike and you just but the round bale on top of it, so much easier to take hay out when the bale spins around quite easily.
I've been called a "crazy horse lady". Playing on PC.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

in game squared bales go much faster. it's fully automated, you don't even have to stop. in term in gameplay it's like night, and day
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:35 am Square bales are nice, what would be cool is if we could get a constant round baler, you don't need to stop, plus most are baler wrapper combos
Krone makes a non-stop round baler/wrapper combo in real life. It was a PC mod on FS17 I think (console player here).

Vermeer makes a non-stop baler as well.

We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

ya those are the exact ones I'm talking about, very interesting machines.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

What are the giant round bales(that are not in game)? The ones that are like 3-4 meters diameter, seems like I usually seem them covered.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Just lile real life a round baler while not as fast requires less horspower to run and is generally less expensive.A farmer with no need for a larger tractor might find a round baler a better option. Big square baler is not only more effienct but makes flatbed hauling a much better option. Anything not local is usually square bales. The square bales we get late season fit just fine in round bale feeders. Straw bales though I think round bales are better for outside storage and making bedding packs. Its not a clear upgrade path for farmers though. Biggest trap for anyone dealing with machinery is that bigger is better.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

Seedy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:14 pm What are the giant round bales(that are not in game)? The ones that are like 3-4 meters diameter, seems like I usually seem them covered.
The only thing I can think of like that are cotton bales. The in-game Case IH cotton picker does large square bales. John Deere's cotton pickers do very large round cotton bales.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19