Tribine harvester ?

Richard Dower

Tribine harvester ?

Post by Richard Dower »

Will we ever see it in FS19 ?...it's a beast, biggest combine on the planet. Holds 32,000 litres or 1000 bushels.

Can run 24 hours without refuelling, surely Giants must do a licencing deal with Tribine to get this amazing machine in game!?
iB055

Re: Tribine harvester ?

Post by iB055 »

FARMBOSS wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:29 pm 32,000 only? My modified JD can hold 60,000 :)
I was gonna say all you pc users can just modify your harvesters to carry as much as you want until it's impossible to move. :lol:
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

The tribune is only 20 miles from where I live, I’ve seen it before in real life and it’s AWESOME
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

iB055 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:18 am
FARMBOSS wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:29 pm 32,000 only? My modified JD can hold 60,000 :)
I was gonna say all you pc users can just modify your harvesters to carry as much as you want until it's impossible to move. :lol:
Some of us don't like to "cheat"...

The Tribine would be an interesting addition to the game. I'm surprised I've never even seen a mod of one.
PC gamer.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

I'm sure this discussion was had for 17, only people were asking for it to be modded.

It would be a nice addition. Certainly a quirky looking thing, but definitely looking to punch the big names - Claas, JD, AGCO - where it hurts!
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Might create issues with the other big name brands from a licensing perspective.

Or the player-base... Look at the uproar before the S-Series was announced... JD doesn't have anything big enough to compete with it, I'm sure someone will whine about that LOL! /s
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

cmdrbyron wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:41 pm Might create issues with the other big name brands from a licensing perspective.
That's my thought too. The Ideal is THE BEAST for the game, i'm sure that AGCO will not be happy if they bring a competitor in the game.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

cmdrbyron wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:41 pm Might create issues with the other big name brands from a licensing perspective.

Or the player-base... Look at the uproar before the S-Series was announced... JD doesn't have anything big enough to compete with it, I'm sure someone will whine about that LOL! /s
No one makes one that can compete with it's hold capacity... The Ideal currently has the largest hold capacity of a conventional harvester.

It's possible none of the brands in the game would be happy with it being added, but AGCO would probably like it the least, due to the Ideal. Although hold capacity isen't everything, and the other brands may not care about it at all. It's an interesting concept and a pretty machine, but I have a feeling it will be the Delorean of harvesters.
PC gamer.
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

Thanks for your comments and support, in regards licencing and other brands....I would HOPE Giants would not strike a deal with a company to the detriment of another brand.

If a brand demanded some other brands equipment be removed, then that is awful and should not be tolerated by any company.

When you stike a licencing deal there should be no preconditions or promises to hinder another brand.

The Tribine is very unique, it's not got that many machines sold or in the field yet. They only started to make production versions of the machine very recently.

Ergo AGCO or any other brand should not see Tribine as real competition in the marketplace

Hopefully TPTB can make the Tribine happens in game.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Richard Dower wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:45 pm Thanks for your comments and support, in regards licencing and other brands....I would HOPE Giants would not strike a deal with a company to the detriment of another brand.

If a brand demanded some other brands equipment be removed, then that is awful and should not be tolerated by any company.

When you stike a licencing deal there should be no preconditions or promises to hinder another brand.
I think you missed one of the earlier points, about fair representation... However, it is very likely that many of the agreements include clauses that use should not disadvantage or negatively portray the IP. That is what I was getting at - as the Tribine is so unique and no other manufacturer currently represented in-game has anything equivalent, it is possible that this clause is applicable.

Ergo AGCO or any other brand should not see Tribine as real competition in the marketplace
That is a very broad, sweeping statement, one of which I do not believe you are in a position to make. Off the cuff, why wouldn't they see this as "real" competition, especially now that it is in limited production and use (no longer just a "hazy" idea).

There is also something to be said for the trade-off between including ONE item at the potential expense of others... Profit-generating entities (read: "Companies from whom Giants has licensed IP") can be fi**, especially when you start treading into their "flagship" territory (like the large combines are).
Sgt_UberGrunt

Post by Sgt_UberGrunt »

One thing also....the Tribine is built from an AGCO Gleaner harvester and runs 2 agco engines, one engine to power the separator, the other to run the driveline/propulsion system.

It would be really cool to see if done right

EDIT: for those who arent actual farmers, the separator is the part of the harvester that includes the rotor, cleaning sieves, clean grain and tailings handling system and the straw chopper/spreader. The Feeder switch controls the header and underslot feed elevator that conveys the material from the header to the threshing system(cylinder or rotor)
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

I seen the Tribine at the farm progress show and it broke down on the first run so not all the bugs are out of it yet
Leapingdeerefarms

Post by Leapingdeerefarms »

Sgt_UberGrunt wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:38 am One thing also....the Tribine is built from an AGCO Gleaner harvester and runs 2 agco engines, one engine to power the separator, the other to run the driveline/propulsion system.

It would be really cool to see if done right

EDIT: for those who arent actual farmers, the separator is the part of the harvester that includes the rotor, cleaning sieves, clean grain and tailings handling system and the straw chopper/spreader. The Feeder switch controls the header and underslot feed elevator that conveys the material from the header to the threshing system(cylinder or rotor)
No it doesn't. They use a 9 liter cummins.
Nothing runs like a deere
Fs community trader link.👇
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Leapingdeerefarms

Post by Leapingdeerefarms »

....the Tribine is built from an AGCO Gleaner harvester and runs 2 agco engines,

No it doesn't. They use 2, 9 liter cummins motors.
Nothing runs like a deere
Fs community trader link.👇
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

There was a mod wip back in fs17 or 15. I don't remember the modders name but posted pocs and info on the old FSUK site.

The tribine is very close to actually being able to harvest a field with a cover crop planted.

https://tribine.com/