Is anyone still playing On FS17?

ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Is anyone still playing On FS17?

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I started a game on Sosnovka with seasons and animals (both things I hadn't done on that map before) just before 19 came out and just haven't felt like going to 19 yet, waiting for a few more good mods and fixes in 19 before I do.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

After reading on fsuk seasons should be out by the end of the year I thought I might give green river a go,never played that map
loggerhall92

Post by loggerhall92 »

pingu wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:59 pm
loggerhall92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:32 pm I only return to 17 if I want to log. Other than that i stay on 19.

Q: What exactly is the issues with logging in 19? Seen many players complain here in the forums, but can't really get a grip on why... I really enjoy logging in the "winter time", so that is yet another thing that makes wonder when/if I will start playing 19...
reversed y axis controls on the loader arm. used to be able to boom out and extend the boom but now its a 2 step process.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I started on Stappenbach 17 right before 19 came out and fell in love with the map so I still go back....I think 19 still needs some time to work out bugs plus modders releasing maps, mods etc to be experienced at its full potentials.

I guess it all depends on the player...some people dont mind the overall feeling of the map they just focus on the simulation aspect of the game. It might sound stupid but I play this game sort of a roll play where I imagine a story so the map has to look a certain way otherwise the game becomes very grindy and lifeless.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

Patrick73 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:32 pm After reading on fsuk seasons should be out by the end of the year I thought I might give green river a go,never played that map
Whaaaat??? Seasons coming Q4????
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

My gaming PC blew up two days before FS19 was released so I'm still on FS17 on my laptop (it can't handle FS19). Hopefully by the time I can afford a new PC FS19 will have some of my must-have mods like GPS and follow me.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Patrick73 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:32 pm After reading on fsuk seasons should be out by the end of the year I thought I might give green river a go,never played that map
End of 2019? :shock:
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Oseh

Post by Oseh »

I stream FS17 Lawfolds, Aberdeenshire, with seasons on Saturday mornings. The farm is in its fifth year and, what I consider to be mature - many fields and larger equipment. I plan to run it until at least I've completed the achievements for Cow and Pig breeding, though I may keep going after that, until there is more variation in FS19 maps.

Other than that I'm mostly playing/streaming FS19, though I feel it offers less variety over other FS19 streamers/youtubers as (unless you're cheating stuff in), we're all using the same 3 maps, with the same equipment.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Only what I’ve read on fsuk “Theory and practice don't always match. Fact is that work is ongoing with the team. Very confident it will be released before the end of the year. Hopefully much much sooner, whenever that might be Smiley Thing is also that some of us (me included) have had very limited time available since the release of the game.”
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

I am still playing FS17. I own FS19 and have some hours played...but until the script mods I enjoy with FS17 and better maps are available...I just do not enjoy FS19.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Fs19 is nice, very pretty and all but with the silly little things like the vehicle sounds and stuff it's just not as immersive as 17. I'm sure it'll get there but I'm back to 17 for now.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Bloody lunacy not to implement seasons in fs 19 if you ask me and lunacy from me to buy fs19 in the first place....2 months later not one mod map but heh we have a dog,sandcastles and an xmas tree in testing
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Ever since FS19 came out, I have not even thought about going back to FS17 again.
When I first started out with FS17, I didn't know about mods available and so did not use them (200+ hours on GCV), after a while I did start using them and yes it was a lot of fun and some great help with "Follow Me", "Courseplay" and "AI Extension". Same with a couple of great maps.

Do I miss those 3 in FS19? Yes, I do miss them.
Can I get around without them? Yes, I can.
Do I have a lot of fun playing FS19? Yes I have.

Started fresh a couple of times, played on all 3 maps, with all 3 different styles. Liked the Farm Manager the most, did some calculation on what fields and what equipment I could buy with the €1250000,- and started out. I'm at about 25 hours in Ravenport, I really like the map, have almost all the equipment I want and 4 fields, 14, 15, 16 and 17 all connected together. Have some mods installed, but mostly I use the ingame equipment as it's good enough for me.

To answer your question, no I do not play FS17 nor will I ever do again. Yes I'm really hoping for "Follow Me", "Courseplay" and maybe I will start using "AI Extension" again when it comes out, but I'm not sure yet.

For now, very happy with FS19!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Due to various reasons I find absolutely no enjoyment with FS19 what-so-ever. It is not immersive, or enjoyable in it's present state. The lighting and graphics are more a case of "look at what our new graphics engine can do", instead of actually getting the settings balanced so we are not driving around in post apocolyptic world. The vehicle engine sound response to acceleration, load and other tasks is well... I'm sorry but bluntly it's broken. It may have the exact recorded sounds of the RL tractors but the sound engine doesn't work. It's no good driving a 400bhp tractor around a tarmac test track with no equipment attached and expecting to get a realistic engine sound. GIANTS really need to spend some time on an actual farm, and not for a employee + family day out, although that looked lovely, but a RL working farm where they can observe and understand just what it looks and sounds like in the real world.

So many aspects of the game feel unfinished and this just takes away any enjoyment from playing it. I know there are plenty who enjoy it, and yes I am a fussy old git, but I like what I like and this isn't it.

After the release and disappointment of what we had been promised compared to what we got I found myself not knowing what to do. Modding for FS19 is harder, which is fine if you enjoy the game, but with that gone, modding for it felt hollow and pointless.
Instead I've gone back to FS17 and am working on a project for myself and a few friends for our dedi server. It is a massively refreshing change to recent modding, and extremely enjoyable. Making exactly what I want, not what other players want. FS17 may seem and look outdated in some areas, but the actual gameplay is still far more enjoyable than anything FS19 has to offer. Maybe in 12 months time the game might be worth playing.
At the end of the day we do this all for enjoyment, otherwise what is the point right.
KWW92374

Post by KWW92374 »

Yes,I'm stilling playing on fs17.right now playing on new Pacific inlet,many others to...until Im done on maps.I don't want to stop playing on fs17.I still look at fs19,but to be honest...the maps available to play don't interest me.the issues with fs19 need solving..more mods on equipment need to be tested and oked when there ready...no hurry for me...fs17 is fine for me...Im on console.Take care all