Forestry - best log loader?

PoggleBox

Forestry - best log loader?

Post by PoggleBox »

What are your experiences in log loading in-game? I've added a forestry branch to my farm in the mountains of Felsbrunn and intend on planting 60 saplings per day which will require logging once mature. I need to keep the time spent doing the forestry to a minimum because of the other work needed on the farm so around 2-3 hours per game day (at 1x) is all I can afford to put into this. Planting and felling is taken care of already. I've re-purposed the New Holland W190D for the task but it struggles to pick up more than a couple of logs at a time due to inaccurate physics. I'm thinking of using maybe the Buffalo for the task as I don't have far to drive to the sawmill. But that probably can only handle one or two logs at a time too.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Miketeg

Re: Forestry - best log loader?

Post by Miketeg »

All the fork are broken. They can't hold a tiny log...The Hydraulic strenght on the loader fork is 0.

I gave up about forestry in FS19.

Some people recommand to use the manure fork to grab the log...farm like never before :)

Good luck!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

The skid steer has always been good for logging, don't use it to cut down the redish brown trees. It completely bugs it out.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
loggerhall92

Post by loggerhall92 »

I gave up on logging too, they switched the controls on the arms, what used to be up, is now down, and vice versa. doesnt matter if the invert y axis is off or on. Makes it annoying while trying to boom out while extending the boom. Its not like it was in 17.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

loggerhall92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:25 pm I gave up on logging too, they switched the controls on the arms, what used to be up, is now down, and vice versa. doesnt matter if the invert y axis is off or on. Makes it annoying while trying to boom out while extending the boom. Its not like it was in 17.
Well, good to know I am not the only one completely annoyed by this change. It is such a step back!
MC, aka Master of Cereals
loggerhall92

Post by loggerhall92 »

wildberry wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:59 pm
loggerhall92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:25 pm I gave up on logging too, they switched the controls on the arms, what used to be up, is now down, and vice versa. doesnt matter if the invert y axis is off or on. Makes it annoying while trying to boom out while extending the boom. Its not like it was in 17.
Well, good to know I am not the only one completely annoyed by this change. It is such a step back!
Glad I am not going crazy, I havent seen anyone else mention this. So I thought it was just me lol.
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I don't know why they changed the controls I was happy the way they were in fs17
W1der

Post by W1der »

What stops you from setting it up the way you want it?

I tried the log fork for the wheel loader ... it works but yes ... it is deff worse than before.

Buffalo seems to be just as crappy as ever ...
But I am able to handle the logs two at a time.

The crane on the MAN seems a bit better than the buffalo.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

In 15 I used to do quite a bit of logging. I've done some in 19 and was confused by the easy arm control setting so switched it off at first. Now though I've been using easy arm control for a while and I really like it. The only problem I have now, is lowering the crane arm to park the vehicle(s) in sheds.
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

Go into the settings and turn off easy crane control, that will put the crane controls back to the normal individual settings :hi:
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

W1der wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm The crane on the MAN seems a bit better than the buffalo.
the MAN is for me by far the worst option. The arm doesn't lift high enough to load logs that are not horizontal and the lack of depth perception in-game means I'm always hitting the cab unless I use short logs.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I mostly do 5m as they are easy to handle ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Mark0306090120

Post by Mark0306090120 »

loggerhall92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:29 pm
wildberry wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:59 pm
Glad I am not going crazy, I havent seen anyone else mention this. So I thought it was just me lol.
Thats why they have an easy arm control setting
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I think it will always be a problem with this game, cant really do anything about it. The physics just arent there for this.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Mark0306090120 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:57 am Thats why they have an easy arm control setting
I have it switched off... doesn't make one bit of a difference if I switch it on. It is just the way the controls are set up are so unintuitive and unrealistic.

Still, the log forks can handle two 6 m logs at a time. I even tried a whole tree and it stayed in pretty well. So, yes, there was improvement over FS17 in some ways. I do have sticking log syndrome in the fork though

MC, aka Master of Cereals