What happened on your farm today?

jpm1

Re: What happened on your farm today?

Post by jpm1 »

harvested my colza, planting barley, on my 6.4 ha fields. peacefully, no fertilizer, no calc no extra ploughing. i let the soil live. i just feed myself, and eventually make few $ beside
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Thougt i save some money. Instead of buying a watertank and Building a Small Pond would do it. Ended Up in spending 9000 bucks for a 2x2 Meter waterhole...

At least it lets me fill Up the Aquatrans
PS4 und PC
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

switched to cotton in hard mode. field 24 expanded to the max. more than one bale first time. slow going though. will buy more land when I have a few coins. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Sinjorenbloed

Post by Sinjorenbloed »

Brought my loan debt down from 500.000€ to 270.000€. Still a long way to go though....
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Oh well - loan went also down. Just 180k in depth.

I start to think on my next step. I start slowly on buying more sheep (50 so far). Next ist either buying a Truck with a bigger Trailer (I hate drivng backwards with that 2-cotton-bale-Trailer an the dolly) or field 12 on Ravenport (I already own 6 and 7). Or maybe I will place a small padock for 2 horses. Or simply a solar-Panel...

Dang - too much Options and too Little time to Play :-(
PS4 und PC
scoobzor134

Post by scoobzor134 »

Put my 2 year old son next to me and we cut the grass on field 21. Sprayed fertilizer on fields 18 and 19 going into there finale growth stage. Did 3 fertilizing contracts on 7, 10 and 16 for some easy money.

Harbor west needed corn With the price going +1000 I transported everything there making a good 40k.

My son just kept saying "tractor, tractor, tractor. .." So I accepted a ploughing contract for field 14 and after that a cultivating contract on field 16.

Fell asleep in my arms....best feeling ever after a hard day of work lol
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

Phigo wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 am Next ist either buying a Truck with a bigger Trailer
this is my today step. separated from my beloved TAW, and bought a truck and a big trailer. Be careful if you buy a big truck trailer, some can't take any load. they can only take most common crops. now i won't have to stop a tractor each time i have to make a delivery. plus the Man TGS 18.500 has an awesome handling
now i just planted my 3 fields with corn

scoobzor134 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:11 am Harbor west needed corn With the price going +1000 I transported everything there making a good 40k.
on normal? that's a nice price

my new toy
scoobzor134

Post by scoobzor134 »

jpm1 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:48 am
scoobzor134 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:11 am Harbor west needed corn With the price going +1000 I transported everything there making a good 40k.
on normal? that's a nice price
Yes I was suprised myself So didn't hasitate to sell :biggrin2:
Trumpcard54455

Post by Trumpcard54455 »

Have you ever witnessed the event that could be dubbed: "The Bale Fork in the Stone?"
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Today it Rainer a lot. . Lost half the field of Cotton... Should've Been at least 1 bale
PS4 und PC
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

Due to the high winds we had last night a spent most of the morning out with the chainsaw .next years fire wood sorted spent afternoon in my nice cosy w/shop giving my n/Holland baler a winter service and ordering parts can’t wait to go home and check out the new t c combine
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Could pay my loan back.

And then I had a real funny Cotton-Bale: It was unloaded by the helper (I think it was Helper F) but never appeared on the field. It was gone. No bale anywhere. After a while I recognized some unharvested parts on the field, which was pretty unusual. I fired Helper F an drove back to one of that spots. The Cotton Harvester startet to go on a Little "bull-ride". It jumped every once in a while. Sometimes it looked like there where some bumps or else.

I tried to fold the harvester and could see a cotton-bale. I unloaded it and there was a second bale... I unloaded it too. So in the End there were one finished bale stuck in the harvester and it tried to roll over it. Never had that before and in the process couldn't reproduce it. Know it for the next time. At least no bale floated...
PS4 und PC
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Hello,

Chedly Farms has been busy at work this last week to say the least. We've been bouncing between getting our own crop in the ground and doing some contract work in the Felsbrunn valley. Yesterday we finished enlarging one of our fields, prepping it, and planting it.

So right now we are going to focus on working on some equipment getting our combine ready for harvest. We have four fields, although we did merge two of them. We also have decreased our 900k loan down to 840k.

We have a system in place that will hopefully allow us to grow by leaps and bounds. We use contract money to pay down the loan and buy fertilizers and seed, and harvest money to put towards more ground and equipment.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Trumpcard54455

Post by Trumpcard54455 »

Estancia Papancho, Quadtrac 620 was hired to work a field bordering a train track with the Seedhawk. While running other farm errands I discover said tractor was struck by train. Tractor and implement was upside-down and drug into the RR crossing! I detached implement from seed bin and tractor. The implement was folded so... The wheels allowed it to roll around the map at limitless speed. It was like soccer/football with a tractor lol at least until it neared the ocean lol
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

It was a bright clear morning as I sat on my porch, looking at a sky that always seems to be devoid of clouds. There's no rain in the forecast and I'm not the only one worried. The city council held a meeting two nights ago about the issue. Buck Johnson thinks we are worried about nothing.

My crops are growing fairly well in the small fields to the left of and behind my house, but it's long boring days ahead while waiting for them to grow. I decided I can't just pfaff around, so I grabbed my chainsaw and headed for my little fendt.

She's a marvelous machine, cut out of steel and muscle, bigger than her small frame. The sun glints off the lime green of her hood and she starts right up, purring like a kitten. I go to the shed to fetch the woodchipper and my course of action for the day is set in.

I have a line of shrubs and a few trees that I nicknamed the PITA club. They are nothing if not in the way, and I almost dread doing any work on the field they are touching. I get everything set up and pull my trusty stihl with a maniacal glee. I run toward the offending gathering of trees and shrubbery, twisting and writhing like leatherface, hacking here and there with all the energy I can muster.

Two hours later, as I slumped over sitting on a stump, I remembered it was fried chicken night. I rushed through getting everything put away, imagining butter melting on a piece of golden yellow cornbread, the amber of the bud light poured perfectly with no head and I rushed home. The smell hit my nostrils before I was five steps to the door and I realized I had married the right woman.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway