D3nnisd

Re: why im done with FS

Post by D3nnisd »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:04 am Apart from
  • A new mission system
  • Farm building
  • Horses
  • New Multiplayer
Yeah I see, same as 17 only with clouds...
There's some more. I noticed everything is modular, giving the chance to mod the trains and other stuff too.
Toutafait wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 am Ain't games evolving over time with patches and stuff now a day though? I mean they are in constant development
And i think Giant is really nice to test Mods, it's makes Modders proud of themselves
Yep. That's how it goes. This allows the dev's to release the game earlier.
wildberry wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 am
Although I disagree OP was ranting, I think it is cool you took the time to answer him in such detail, Lis *thumbsup*
Ehh, it is a rant. There's only one way traffic. He says what he thinks, making those somewhat the truth for him and not giving other perspectives on it. Nevertheless: the post looks very messy in terms of layout and grammar. Making it not really confident.
Matt_S wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:42 am
I do still think a lot of us have a few bugs to bare with FS19 regarding the release with lots of broken details within the game, but for the most part GIANTS do seem to be trying to fix this.

I do agree with some of what was said though, I have been left disappointed with my purchase a little bit, but I know the modders (and most importantly WITH GIANTS SUPPORT) will make this game all it can be... So I can patiently wait as many others will do so as well.
The problem is not that giant's isn't trying. On this forums, i noticed that allot of people are bothered by the fact that some bugs were gamebreaking for them(the controller issues). Other bugs were so easy to notice / fix that they shouldn't even be there(stopping helpers, the sound issues, negative selling prices?). That's where the money side comes in. People pay 35 euro for a game that has these bug's on release. Bugs that are so obvious, that they shouldn't have been there. Personally, i felt a bit bad that i spend that much money on something with easy to fix bugs. As a IT consultant, i can even tell that this game lacked testing. Test cases normally cover 80% of software.

I think there's much improvement on the forums as a first stop for these things. For starters, it would help if there's a actual list of bugs. Lisertan has a system with putting [read] [known issue] etc in the headers, but that only works if you use the search. You can solve that by just making a forum post which automatically lists all that. This helps people to see if their bug is reported and solved making the process more efficient. This also relieves the workload on Lisertan to read all bug reports which might have reported 2 times already and helps people like me trying to help people with technical issues. In the last place it helps the user, because he finds help faster.

Talking about combining stuff together, why do we have German and Polish forums. Why is this? It seems inefficient to have 3 places where you can report bugs and share issues. If you either make all problem/ issue related forums English based, you have everything on one place. Making it more efficient to handle bug reports and help people with technical issues.

All of these timeconsuming issues cause longer waiting times. This causes people to felt unheard and than you get topic's like these (yes topics, there's been loads of them).

The above is just my 2 cents on the story.
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

I excitedly spent $96AU on FS19 and purchased it the day it was realised on XBOX 1. Honestly I was a little disappointed with the game. I can take or leave mods, to me they are a bonus and certainly not something I'm used to with XBOX games. I'd love a gaming PC, I'd buy one just for FS if my fiance would let me...especially with that awesome steering wheel and control panel thing available for PC player's.

But I stuck with the game, sure I twice went back to FS 17 but only for an hour or two. I came back to FS 19 because of the ability to purchase and sell land, the possibility to place animal pens, the updated graphics engine this is naming only a few. I gave the game a chance before acting like a d#!k on the forum.

As a console player I'm well aware that my platform has different strengths to a gaming PC, I purchased it four years ago! I'm not expecting miracles with mods and graphical power...But I'm ok with the results of the newest addition to the FS series. I love it and have enjoyed it for 100's of hours, I get so excited when a new mod is released for consoles because I know modders do not have to provide them. I'm actually grateful there are modders who dedicate hundreds of man hours with out compensation to add New elements to the FS series.

LISERTAN, thanks for continuing to ensure FS is available to us console players. The vast majority of us really appreciate the mods we ACTUALLY DO GET and enjoy FS 19 and what it offers. Well done GIANTS..one thing I don't understand though...what's with the sand castle? 😹😹🐱😸😹
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:08 pm . Well done GIANTS..one thing I don't understand though...what's with the sand castle? 😹😹🐱😸😹
This is a life question. I thought to get a achievement or something, but nope.

I didn't interact with it though.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Also a lot of German players that don't speak English or find it hard to read English
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

D3nnisd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 pm Ehh, it is a rant. There's only one way traffic. He says what he thinks, making those somewhat the truth for him and not giving other perspectives on it. Nevertheless: the post looks very messy in terms of layout and grammar. Making it not really confident.
No it is not, and if you can't see that, then that is pretty sad.

Opinion is always what you think, otherwise it wouldn't be an opinion. Not everyone is as good at stating their arguments. OP said several times he meant it not in a bad way. Which discounts it as rant full time.

Not taking someone serious, or worse, because s/he is bad at getting her/is opinion across is one of the worst things at this forum. If not draconian Giants folks or short tempered moderators, then fellow community people are quick to jump to the worst of conclusion all the time over here. Armed gangsters or customers threatning to drive their truck into the buildings lobby are easier to deal with than what happens at this forum. And that is my opinion as a long time senior customer service manager. I'm taking a vacation from this forum, this place is too sad to stand any more. :hi:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 pm
D3nnisd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 pm
Talking about combining stuff together, why do we have German and Polish forums. Why is this? It seems inefficient to have 3 places where you can report bugs and share issues. If you either make all problem/ issue related forums English based, you have everything on one place. Making it more efficient to handle bug reports and help people with technical issues.

Because not everybody speaks English

That's fine, but that still doesn't answer my point. It isn't efficient to have 3 places where people can report bugs in languages others don't know. This causes unnecessarily bug reports which could already be reported in the other language. Other than that, you can still contact support (in your language) if you have issues.

Ofcourse you should have different languages for the forum, but important stuff like bug reports should be in one language.
eric21 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:18 pm Also a lot of German players that don't speak English or find it hard to read English
Same goes with the French, the Spanish, Itallians and Dutch.
wildberry wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm
D3nnisd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 pm Ehh, it is a rant. There's only one way traffic. He says what he thinks, making those somewhat the truth for him and not giving other perspectives on it. Nevertheless: the post looks very messy in terms of layout and grammar. Making it not really confident.

Not taking someone serious, or worse, because s/he is bad at getting her/is opinion across is one of the worst things at this forum. If not draconian Giants folks or short tempered moderators, then fellow community people are quick to jump to the worst of conclusion all the time over here. Armed gangsters or customers threatning to drive their truck into the buildings lobby are easier to deal with than what happens at this forum. And that is my opinion as a long time senior customer service manager. I'm taking a vacation from this forum, this place is too sad to stand any more. :hi:
I agree on this. Getting something to another person on a forum, in a foreign language is hard. I experience that first hand on my own posts.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

How is someone supposed to report a bug in another language they don't understand?
Guil

Post by Guil »

D3nnisd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:25 pm That's fine, but that still doesn't answer my point. It isn't efficient to have 3 places where people can report bugs in languages others don't know. This causes unnecessarily bug reports which could already be reported in the other language. Other than that, you can still contact support (in your language) if you have issues.

I agree on this. Getting something to another person on a forum, in a foreign language is hard. I experience that first hand on my own posts.
What do you think is the answer then? Do you expect every thread and every post I. The bug forum be translated into all the languages on the forum,
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 pm How is someone supposed to report a bug in another language they don't understand?
I am Dutch, i can't report a bug now because my language isn't on this forum. Why isn't mine on the forum too?

This makes no sense.
Guil wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 pm
What do you think is the answer then? Do you expect every thread and every post I. The bug forum be translated into all the languages on the forum,
I am not sure what you mean, but i think you think that i think that the bug forum should be in every language.
If thats the case:

Apparantly you missed my point:
D3nnisd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:25 pm That's fine, but that still doesn't answer my point. It isn't efficient to have 3 places where people can report bugs in languages others don't know. This causes unnecessarily bug reports which could already be reported in the other language. Other than that, you can still contact support (in your language) if you have issues.
Maybe to clarify: Just keep bug reports and such in English. Just game chatting can be in different forums.

Also: this is nothing against german or polish or any of that. It just feels unlogical and inefficient to have 3 different full operational forums which have the same content in different languages. Content that is important for all languages.
Last edited by D3nnisd on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Look at the first part of your post and you will see why bug reports aren't only in English.
diar1410

Post by diar1410 »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 pm How is someone supposed to report a bug in another language they don't understand?
It's good that they have different languages, I do not speak too much English and it's difficult for me to communicate :-(
(Speak Spanish)
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

Guil wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm Look at the first part of your post and you will see why bug reports aren't only in English.
Ehm, please be more clear?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You obviously speak/understand English though. It's not fair on others to force them to report bugs in only English or German if they don't speak/understand that language.
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm You obviously speak/understand English though. It's not fair on others to force them to report bugs in only English or German if they don't speak/understand that language.
But that's exactly whats happening. I have Dutch friends who don't speak English nor German. How do they report bugs?

The point i'm trying to make is efficiency based. I don't care if theres German or Polish forums. I am just saying (in my first post) that the forum is inefficient this way. Causing people to feel unheard causing unhappy customers.
Last edited by D3nnisd on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guil

Post by Guil »

D3nnisd wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Ehm, please be more clear?
Well first off you say you speak Dutch so can't report a bug and then you say bug reports should be just in English.

Is it a case of something not suiting you so everyone else should suffer? You seem to have no problem understanding or writing in English.

Also how will your Dutch friends that don't speak English or German benefit if bug reports are only in English?