Machine engine options question

Skunkworks

Machine engine options question

Post by Skunkworks »

I am wondering about the engine options for some of the machines.

Example both Jcb tractors only have a single engine HP option. Same with JD harvesters and some other examples.

I understand that some models are different physically between sizes i.e. higher hp options for NH T9 for example which is slightly different than the lower hp offerings represented in the FS series.

However where the physical model is the same, why do some machines only have a single option. Apart from additional Dev time to implement the options, is it a licensing issue?
cmdrbyron

Re: Machine engine options question

Post by cmdrbyron »

It could be any one of a wide range of things, including licensing as you have identified above. Other considerations include gameplay compromises (balance), development compromises (dev time to code), etc...
-
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

It's because of slot limits. The more options you have on a vehicle (tires, engine, frontloader, ect.) the more slots that vehicle/item takes up.
G'day
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

What are "slots"??? As a PC player this term is so foreign to me.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I think slots loosely resemble RAM. There's a limited amount of slots on console so all the ram doesn't get used and cause it to crash.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

It does so when the game is running you don't freeze or have lag
Juls

Post by Juls »

In real life manufacturers often use the same chassis for 2-4 different engine horsepowers. Usually they are all the same engine just turbo and fueling changes to make more power.

In other cases a tractor chassis may only be released with a single engine tuning option.

So in the game this is reflected in some cases.

Juls