Remove Constraints

redglasses

Remove Constraints

Post by redglasses »

Just remove all building constraints it would be so much better, who cares if someone builds a building in another building. Thats their problem. The constraints are way to strict right now. Get anywhere near a tree and "Collides with another object" or another good one is when you level a bunch of land and then you try to place a building you get "cannot terraform here"... Just remove the constraints, let us do what we want.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BrandonD01

Re: Remove Constraints

Post by BrandonD01 »

Very good point redglasses, and I don't see where it would cause any problems. Pc has a mod called "Place Anywhere", you can place a building on top of another if you want without any problems.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
Harada

Post by Harada »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:27 pm Just remove all building constraints it would be so much better, who cares if someone builds a building in another building. Thats their problem. The constraints are way to strict right now. Get anywhere near a tree and "Collides with another object" or another good one is when you level a bunch of land and then you try to place a building you get "cannot terraform here"... Just remove the constraints, let us do what we want.
Totally agree, it gets very frustrating at times trying to place buildings etc
XBox Series S
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

One part of me agrees with the op, another part of me says that there must be a good reason for the constraints to exist. What is possible on a PC might not translate well onto a console. Just food for thought.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
IronBeard37

Post by IronBeard37 »

they need to add a go back button or option with placing and terraforming, but I do agree we should be able to place and terraform anywhere at any time.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I'd be happy if they'd just highlight the obstruction, so I'd have an idea what was wrong. Was trying to level some land the other day, and just took to stabbing a hillside with my stumpgrinder until I found a deeply sunken stump that was blocking out the middle... I won't be able to do anything about the fire tower, or whatever the thing is, but at least I can clear all the trees.
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

I would agree. Or at the very least give us some actionable information. Highliting collision zones, mode comprehensive messages, something we can use to fix things. Also narrowing collision boxes. Some objects hsould be able to be placed inside or ontop of others. For example, I should be able to place the pressure washer inside ANY of the other buildings and sheds.

As it stands, I have buildings I can't place for no apparent reason, terrain that can't be modified (that used to be modifiable) for no apparent reason.

"Object Collision", is not actionable info if we don't know where the collision is occuring and from what we 'can' see, there is no collision.

Worse yet is when all indicators are green, and we can afford the building, and we still can't place it down due to some unidentified error.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Yep this is part of the problem, I really dont see what could go wrong with removing the constraints. If the player messes it up they can just sell it.
My Discord
pingu

Post by pingu »

Well, I use the Place Anywhere mod on FS17. Can't do without it. Not having something like that in FS19 where you actually can build your own farm must be really frustrating. That said, imagine the number of help request or bug reports here if players were able to place anything anywhere. They put something on some piece of ground next to their barn that happens to be the (invisible) trigger for filling the sowing machine. And then they can't find where to do that, and start to scream here about buggy map or broken machinery... Connecting the placement of something with a future issue with something else is probably not that easy for everyone.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:27 pm Just remove all building constraints it would be so much better, who cares if someone builds a building in another building. Thats their problem. The constraints are way to strict right now. Get anywhere near a tree and "Collides with another object" or another good one is when you level a bunch of land and then you try to place a building you get "cannot terraform here"... Just remove the constraints, let us do what we want.
You bought that PC yet?

https://pcpartpicker.com/
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

If your on pc, get the place anywhere mod, its a must.

If your on console... hopefully Giants will loosen up on the constraints, but I don't know if they will...

Prior to patch 1.2 even removed trees caused the collision error, I've had the place anywere mod since it came out thou, so I have no idea how bad it still is w/o it, but it was horrible...
PC gamer.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:39 pm
You bought that PC yet?

https://pcpartpicker.com/
I'm sorry I dont have an extra $700 laying around so no, and I'll probably wont be for a long time
My Discord
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Give us an option even to move building around if you already bought it. Like oops I placed it to high, I could then go grab the building and lower it.
PS4
PS5
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

Ark (a 1st person PvP game with base building) has an option when you place something to pick it up again within 30 seconds.
Just enough time to check it's placement etc.

Maybe that could be an easy option. If you sell it within 2 minutes real world time (without using any features of it like the garage function) you get a full refund and the landscape is returned to how it was.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Now that we've seen the first mod maps available for consoles it is clear that the placeables constraints on consoles have got to go.

Mod maps are made in GE where placing buildings and objects in close proximity is easy however impossible for consoles.

I downloaded the Alps Panorama map and wanted to replace the default Easy sheds for the Easy sheds with lights but that cannot be done as they cannot be placed in the same position as the originals due to objects collisions.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro