[PC] question on optimization

Preble 818

[PC] question on optimization

Post by Preble 818 »

I'm wondering who all is running the game on older systems and what your using. My PC is about an 8 yr old AMD athlon II 2.0 which is below spec. My GPU and ram are in spec. I dont expect it to run FS19 which is why I bought it for the PS4 but I'm curious is anyone has tried it out on a below spec processor.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
redglasses

Re: [PC] question on optimization

Post by redglasses »

You could try to talk to fordfarmer97, he doesn't have the greatest pc but he says this is the easiest game to run out of all fs games. I'll send him your way.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Preble 818 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:46 am I'm wondering who all is running the game on older systems and what your using. My PC is about an 8 yr old AMD athlon II 2.0 which is below spec. My GPU and ram are in spec. I dont expect it to run FS19 which is why I bought it for the PS4 but I'm curious is anyone has tried it out on a below spec processor.
I used to run 17 on a lower spec machine than what you describe. Processor comparable but only running at 1.6, but GPU way below the listed spec for 17. It ran ok on Low settings. Would run on Medium but was noticeably stuttery.

Based on this experience, I would expect the machine you describe (with RAM and GPU at min spec for 19, as you say) to run 19 on Low probably just fine. Of course there is unfortunately no real way to know without trying.

Have you checked out any of those "will it run it" type sites that compare your machine specs to published specs? Could give you a reference at least.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Thank you both! I appreciate your answers. Can I run it says I'm good although the minimum spec says 2.5 Intel or 3.0 AMD equivalent or something similar and I'm running an AMD. Well I may buy it through steam and see how it runs. I've heard that if your pc wont run it and you have less than a couple hours on it you can get a refund.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

2 hours for refund on steam i think ...