chaos in the forum

KWW92374

Re: chaos in the forum

Post by KWW92374 »

Even if it was separated. it wouldn't take long before fighting started again...the answer is respect all users here and if your flusterated...go for a walk.just be kind.if you cant,then don't answer questions.take care all.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Lord_Beelzebub wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 pm The rational behind my comments was more in line with bug reporting, game play mechanics, etc that would be specific to a certain platform. A person who plays on PC isn’t going to be able to help troubleshoot my issues on console and vise versa. That was what I was trying to get at.
This is fine but I think people want to split the whole forum which wont work what so ever
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
markare

Post by markare »

Splitting forums won't solve any of the problems mentioned in this thread, console only forums will still get people coming in bashing console users. Pc only forums will still have console users using them. It doesn't matter what is done. It's the world we live in today, I've lost cou t of the amou t of topics I have een moved from different language sub forums into the English forum for posting in the wrong section. Imagine how many times threads will need to be moved in platform specific forums. You also have to take into account that the moderator on this forum are not all if any, employed by giants, these people have full time jobs, families and livesto get on with. They try and help with forum moderation with their spare time and more often than not without any thanks.
I administrated quite a few forums for different companies and organisations. I can assure you that forum work is not as plain and straight forward as it seem. Splitting forums is never the easy option.

Just be thankful there is a forum that the game developer actually joins in co versations, helps with problems and responds in. I have seen many game forums setup by dev teams who then leave it all to go to pot, and never engage with their customer base.

Giants are one I've the very Very few teams who actually help out their customers in forums and answer questions when possible.

The bottom line is trolls will be trolls, no matter what you do they will always be there and will always hijack a thread no matter where it is in a forum
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Guil

Post by Guil »

Even if the forums were separated there's nothing to stop users going from one or the other and posting so that is not really avoidable.

Report a post if you have a problem with it.
Also some people just take offence to everything if it goes against their ideas or opinion.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Doesn't this also happen irl? :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

redglasses wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm ^^Doesn't this also happen irl? :lol:
It does!

Social Justice Warriors. 😂
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
pingu

Post by pingu »

Separated forums seems like a nice idea that won't work in reality. As stated, something a PS4 player have issues with could be of relevance for players on all platforms. And how should a player know if some issue is due to some general bug in the game (and relevant for all) or is due to the players platform (relevant for other on that platform)? The point of reporting stuff or asking question is often that you don't know what is wrong...

It would of course be nice if:

i)
forum user had informative subject lines including platform name when reporting issues or asking questions
(for me this is the biggest annoyance with the forum)

ii)
specific bugs and glitches were posted in the technical area and not in general discussion

This could be fixed by moderaters, but it is a job that has to be done be someone and it is probably not that fun...

Regarding post about issues or requests for help...
I know that some users are using all capitals, being generally rude, have a demanding attitude, repeating themselves, etc. If you think there seems to be something relevant the user is trying to convey, then ask the user to be more specific and informative. Usually those will either never answer you or just be rude again with some non-relevant gaga. Then it is better to just ignore the thing. Just being rude back about the user being misinformed or whatever is pointless. Many are here because they ask for help, and are not fully informed about everything.

Regarding post with more general discussions about the game...
People have different opinion. You don't like their opinion? Then either be to the point and constructive in the reply, or just ignore it.

And as I wrote some weeks ago...
One reason for a post (regardless of what it is about or how it is phrased) to come across as rude or uncivilized, is that I think many here (as indeed myself) do not have English as their native language. Sometimes wrong words are used and it is not always intended that way. Give users som leeway in how they express themselves.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

I think it would be a shame to separate the consoles from pc version on the forum, there are many questions that can be answered by players of both types, I play on pc but watch let's plays of both console and pc versions because it's the same game, just with different controls and sometimes different mods. The gameplay for tending and looking after various animals and making silage is the same for example. If people are being nasty when someone asks about when something is coming to console then perhaps that is a good time to flag the post as inappropriate for a moderator to deal with because this should be a welcome safe place for everyone regardless of their system.