why im done with FS

TaintedBlackCat

Re: why im done with FS

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

How did the old cartridge games of the Nintendo 64 era not need patchs and updates..I remember them working fine on release...
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 am How did the old cartridge games of the Nintendo 64 era not need patchs and updates..I remember them working fine on release...
Did you not see superman on the 64? :lol:
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Supersam

Post by Supersam »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 am How did the old cartridge games of the Nintendo 64 era not need patchs and updates..I remember them working fine on release...
You can't be serious?
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

I'm kidding dude...not serious..lol
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

I remember some bugs in N64. But they were not as bad in most cases. They spent a lot more time doing beta testing back then. Not to mention games are way more complex now.

Back to OP... aside from the rant, I feel him. FS19 has its frustrations. Most of which I feel are a lack of foresight by Giants. For example no chicken trailer, no service truck, no fill stations, and only one farmhouse. (I know this gets fixed sometimes with mods.) Also, optimization for consoles is bad. Just bad, y'all. I know we aren't your base and PC is. But Jesus, it just seems like a modicum of effort could have made it better.

Overall, gameplay saves the game. I love the additions. Truly. You could have patched them onto FS17 with no graphic upgrades and I would be a happy camper (or farmer).

Also, I am with him on the weight mods. How the eff many weight mods do we need? Why waste time on something so useless?

Long run, even with the frustrations, big thanks to Giants for the game. I hope we work through the rough edges and that the next installment is even better.
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

Alot of people is complaining about the weight mods. Try to look at it from a different perspective. Imagine that you want to have a go at modding. Let's try something easy to begin with you think. Ok, you try to make a weightmod, just to see how it works.
Then you upload it to the official modhub, because it's the best.
Don't you think that it would be pretty sad if Giants never tested it or moved it further back in queue just because there is "more important" mods to test first? I know I would, and my moddingcareer would end, right there..
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

Without the modders this game would not be even HALF the game they make it...

So when it comes to testing mods, I think it is more important to be fair to the modders as apose to being fair to those that want to use the mods...

Therefore the only way to be fair is to test them in the order they come in.

It may not be best for the end user (in fact I would agree that it is not), however, I think in this example, the modders are the ones who should have the say on this, not the end user who gets a fantastic free product thanks to their help, knowledge, skills and time + GIANTS support.

My opinion
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

I'm struck by the irony here. An employee of the company that just put out a piece of stuff game is scolding someone for typing up a piece of stuff post. Oh yes, certainly, the posting community really needs to step up its quality control. /endsarcasm

If you don't feel your paying customer's post is constructive then ignore it instead of posting a dismissal and making your company look even worse.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Magnarex wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:21 pm I'm struck by the irony here. An employee of the company that just put out a piece of stuff game is scolding someone for typing up a piece of stuff post. Oh yes, certainly, the posting community really needs to step up its quality control. /endsarcasm

If you don't feel your paying customer's post is constructive then ignore it instead of posting a dismissal and making your company look even worse.
The problem is that the slightest bit of negative feedback is considered a rant and then the arguments begin, without taking the time to understand what the actual message is.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

I think Lis took the time to be constructive about replying to the original post. It is IMO a rant. There is nothing constructive in the post at all, it is rude and selfish. Lis wasn't even sure he wanted to reply but he took the time to dismantle the post item by item and gave his view on each part. The message is understood, there is no doubt about that. But it is the tone and the manner in which the message has been presented that is the problem. Assuming your opinion is the only one that matters on a subject is wrong. Taking time to understand all sides of an argument is what should happen and I think Lis has done that. The thread title is enough to let you know exactly what the OP thinks and just saying 'This is not hate.' three times doesn't make the obviously abusive and threatening attitude acceptable -even if English is not your first language.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10