When should i start a career game

norfolkboy

When should i start a career game

Post by norfolkboy »

hi,

I'm new to the FS franchise - but have has FS19 since Xmas and have been getting use to it, and watched plenty of Youtube videos

so my question is- i like to start a long term career when i feel the game is at its best i.e No significant patches to come which will change things to the point of starting again i.e the economy is imporved.

Do people feel we are waiting for the game to be pacthed to version 2? whats happened in the past for patches coming out?

Also does Seasons require a new game to work?

Thanks
Last edited by norfolkboy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guil

Re: When should i start a career game

Post by Guil »

What platform are you playing on? If it's console you don't have much options with regards moving stuff to a new save but still I think you should just play the game and have fun. There's no 'end' of game so to speak so the choice is yours of what to do and when.

I don't think there has been many patches in the past that have required a new game but could be wrong. Seasons is anyone's guess at the moment.
racefanB1

Post by racefanB1 »

Well i can tell you from what I know from playing FS17. Is that doenst matter when you start a career because it will never end until you end it on that map. It is early in this FS19 game and by this time next year there will be so many new maps just like there was on 17. You will like one map and play it forever and then a new map comes out that you play around with and like even more so you start a new game on a new map. That and more equipment will come out and tons of more things that you will like. FS 17 had so many maps and mods to chose from so i guess the choice is yours on what you do. All i can say is have fun with it and new things will be coming out weekly for awhile it sounds like. So happy farming.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

If you want to be save: Wait until FS 21 Comes out. Thats the Point were no patches will come out. But for me it's more like the other Posts: I Play a map as Long as I find it Interesting or a better map Shows up.

in the first weeks I startet on both maps felsbrunn and ravenport. After the Patch I decided to build a new Farm on a different spot on Ravenport and since then I stick with that and build it up. I set my own Goals (pay back the loan, max out the sheep-pen).

Just Play the game and have the Maximum amount of fun you can get. For some People it includes to hit every single roadsign...
PS4 und PC
norfolkboy

Post by norfolkboy »

Thanks all great replies. Playing on Pc so will get going and see what new maps and mods keep appearing
W1der

Post by W1der »

If an update forces you to start a new savegame ... just cheat your way back to your current status.

I would say this happening is mostly related to mods / modded maps ... not vanilla gameplay.

I bet GIANTS try to avoid implementing an update that needs a new save game!

However ... the new ground modigication feature leaves a big ?-mark regarding this(if it will be patched in the future).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Imagine the uproar if they do release a savegame breaking update. Like W1der says it's possible to cheat your way back on PC at least.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Sometimes it happens, typically for the overall better though (at least in my experience).

Yes, progress is something many crave/savour, but at the end of the day, we are talking about entertainment. So what if you lose a save? Sure, you may have invested time/effort into it, but breaking a save doesn't remove the fact that you were entertained in the time leading up to it. Sure, you might be mad/upset/angry at having to start over (I get it, I feel the same way sometimes), but it's not as if Giants stole the entertainment you experienced back from you!

Now, if we were talking about enterprise-level software that was required for a real-world business to run, then I would agree more with the sentiment.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Seasons does not require a new save but it is most fun to start from scratch with it enabled (once it releases)
pingu

Post by pingu »

If you like FS and it's your type of game, you will start many careers! Since the game is new and there is a very limitied selection of maps (?), I would suggest starting on one of the maps that came with the game. Just start it, play, discover strategies, learn from mistakes. With new maps coming out you will see ones you really like, and start careeres on them. Don't take it too hard now in the beginning and think that you will do a perfect job and have a optimal career in terms of economy or whatever goal you set for yourself. The next career you know way more about what to do and what to not do, and probably advance way faster. Just play, have fun, learn from it. :)
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

On pc you have many slots, if you are concerned about losing saves due to updates then I recommend doing a manual backup of the save folder to a safe place and overwriting after each or every other session. I haven't lost any saves yet though and I've been playing since Farming Simluator 2013! *touch wood*.

If I were you I'd get playing and enjoy it because there could be an expansion out at the end of the year.