Lime cannot be applied to destroyed harvested cotton

bossmanslim

Lime cannot be applied to destroyed harvested cotton

Post by bossmanslim »

• PC
  • Bredal K165 applying lime after Lizard Warrior pulling Lizard Module X caused crop destruction of harvested cotton stalks.
  • Lime is unable to be applied to areas where the truck "damaged" the harvested cotton stalks. I believe that if I have cultivated this land first this problem does not happen, but I did not in this case because I was planting soybeans with the Stara ESTRELA 32 after the cotton harvest. Lime did not register as being applied post sowing either on the map. This is either the land is not accepting lime or a display bug on the map overlay; I have no idea.
  • Single player
  • Harvest cotton on a field that needs lime, drive over the cotton stalks to cause crop damage, try to apply lime.
  • No mods, standard equipment
wadeeb

Re: Lime cannot be applied to destroyed harvested cotton

Post by wadeeb »

I have noticed this as well. I think the game treats lime like fertilizer in some regards. For example if the field is at max fertilizer level the AI will not spread lime because it sees the ground as already being fertilized. The game can only accept one level of fertilizer without the field changing state either by a growth stage or working the ground.

When you destroy crop it has the effect of adding fertilizer to the ground. I don't think its a bug just a part of the game mechanics
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

wadeeb wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 am I have noticed this as well. I think the game treats lime like fertilizer in some regards. For example if the field is at max fertilizer level the AI will not spread lime because it sees the ground as already being fertilized. The game can only accept one level of fertilizer without the field changing state either by a growth stage or working the ground.

When you destroy crop it has the effect of adding fertilizer to the ground. I don't think its a bug just a part of the game mechanics
What you have stated would cause the opposite problem, not the one described above. Lime is also not the same as fertilizer. In addition, harvested cotton stalks should not be considered a destroyed crop as not other crop acts this way from my recollection. Harvested cotton stalks do not put fertilizer into the ground as other destroyed crops do.
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

I went through the same thing boss,the best way to work around it till its fixed is to push the cotton bales to the edge of the field with the cotton harvester and stay off the field,till its fully limed.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

deddycantshoot wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:36 pm I went through the same thing boss,the best way to work around it till its fixed is to push the cotton bales to the edge of the field with the cotton harvester and stay off the field,till its fully limed.
Yeap, I'll have to use a work around until Giants fixes it. I usually cultivate while harvesting, so it is rarely an issue.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Same here on PC. I get around it by pushing the bales to the edge as well.
Playing on PC