Do harvesters fill up too quick?

Skunkworks

Do harvesters fill up too quick?

Post by Skunkworks »

Is it just me or do harvesters fill up too fast? Some cannot even do two passes on medium to average fields. Example Massey 7347 on field 12 on Felsbrunn, do two passes and is full.

Same thing with the Grimme harvester, fills up so so quick.

Normal or issue?
eric21

Re: Do harvesters fill up too quick?

Post by eric21 »

If you have the field fertlized 3 times and weed free, it will fill up faster
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

it depends on how much work youve put into the land, ploughing, lime spreading, fertilisation and weed eradication directly affect your yield, its not a issue or a bug its just the way it is, if you have the money id suggest either buying a larger combine with a larger grain tank and wider header, or just buy a bigger trailer, means more unloading trips from the harvester, but you take more back to the yard in one go, same goes for the root crops, the harvesters ingame dont really have much capacity, the grimme harvesters in the last game had a bunker capacity of 20,000L each i think, for beets the problem is solved because of the ingame Ropa and Holmer machines, but for potatoes your stuck with the Grimme machines which dont hold alot to be fair, so unless a modded harvester comes out for potatoes i suggest limiting potatoes to smaller fields for now unless you want to sit down, get comfy and makes alot of trips back and forth to the yard/sell point if you have a big field planted.
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

I think he is referring to is this realistic for real life...

Personally I do not know the answer but would also be intrigued to know the answer.

I guess GIANTS have to make the capacities different enough so that you are encouraged to keep working to save and buy a bigger machine or trailer etc...
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

see your point Matt, but i think its the same ingame as it is for real life, im a contractor and last season we tried a new type of fertiliser to spread, cant remember the name but the boss said it made a huge impact on the yield for that field of barley, compared to the '17 season i swear i was making more carting trips this year than last harvest, and that was using exactly the same machines we had the year before, so yes id say that same goes for real life as it does ingame, if my hugely long winded answer was too much then sorry, just like to help people out and see them on the right way.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

use a smaller header, you'll be able to do more distance before the tank is full.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

Skunkworks wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:42 pm Is it just me or do harvesters fill up too fast? Some cannot even do two passes on medium to average fields. Example Massey 7347 on field 12 on Felsbrunn, do two passes and is full.

Same thing with the Grimme harvester, fills up so so quick.

Normal or issue?
The tank also fills quicker or slower depending on the crop. Barley fills twice as fast as soy beans, for example, which is also why barley is much cheaper when it’s sold. You might not have noticed anything if you were harvesting sunflowers, another slow filler.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Harvesting corn in real life in the corn belt of the USA, one cannot even make it one pass to the end of the field before having to empty the hopper. FS19 is modeled fairly close to reality
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
loggerhall92

Post by loggerhall92 »

Crazof wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:03 pm use a smaller header, you'll be able to do more distance before the tank is full.
You'd literally cover the same amount of ground. Just the larger header does it faster. Header size doesn't change tank size. :hmm:
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

loggerhall92 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 pm
Crazof wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:03 pm use a smaller header, you'll be able to do more distance before the tank is full.
You'd literally cover the same amount of ground. Just the larger header does it faster. Header size doesn't change tank size. :hmm:
You’d cover the same amount of crop yes, but the harvester would have to make more passes to get it. Meaning it would have more distance to travel.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I know if it was more realistic we would be waiting a long time to empty at 80 to 120 liters a sec some of the combines are IRL. The JD 790 is 135 liters per sec verses about 250-280 ingame.
Last edited by livesea72 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I never said header size changed tank size, OP stated they couldn't even do two passes. the smaller header would allow them to drive more distance
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

@newholland t8

Not a long winded answer at all... cheers.
Juls

Post by Juls »

In real life, most potato harvesters with storage bunkers be it 1,2 or 4 row would usually have a bunker capable of harvesting 200-500m of row before needing to unload. A good crop varies from 50 to 100T per hectare depending on a great deal of factors. I don’t know how that relates in game.

A grain crop would yield 1/20th-1/40th by weight, but it’s input cost is 1/30th - 1/50th the cost per hectare to potatoes.

If the game realism was turned up a lot of crops would never be grown as they would be too expensive and complicated. The game is balanced out like any RPG. It is a game, not a simulator despite the title.
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

Matt_S wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 pm @newholland t8

Not a long winded answer at all... cheers.
No worries mate