European Trucks for the PS4

Hulk2056

European Trucks for the PS4

Post by Hulk2056 »

Was wondering if we would see other European trucks in FS19 with different axle configs as we have three versions of an us truck for the PS4 and on another note a fliegl flatbed trailer with various axle configs would be a nice addition
cmdrbyron

Re: European Trucks for the PS4

Post by cmdrbyron »

All depends on what the modders choose to make, whether or not they choose to make it compatible for consoles, whether or not it is successful (through development and testing) and whether or not the existing licensing agreements support inclusion on consoles.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

cmdrbyron wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:31 pm All depends on what the modders choose to make, whether or not they choose to make it compatible for consoles, whether or not it is successful (through development and testing) and whether or not the existing licensing agreements support inclusion on consoles.
I'm sorry, i'm a bit confused. Why would it have to be "modders"? Couldn't Giants do it?
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

I apologize for the wording, I should have mentioned that it is probably more likely that such a mod would be addressed by the community.

Sure, Giants could do it, and if they were, it would likely be as a part of a DLC. If Giants were to do it, licensing comes into play in a far greater manner than if a modder does it (though licensing is still a consideration for console mods). The other consideration would be whether or not they have the resources available and sufficient demand to warrant dedicating them to this work. The team is working on more than just adding "pok-e-trucks".

I would also offer that, while the options currently available do not appeal to you visually, consider functionality - as this is a critical aspect to be considered from an overall gameplay perspective.

Anecdotally, there were more European-style trucks in base FS17, and the community demand was for more American-style trucks, so that is likely why there are more in FS19.

Give it time, if FS17 is any indication, there will be far more truck mods than you will ever get around to using! My mod list was full of MAN Truck mods ;)
Whether or not any of them cater to your specific desires is something else...
KWW92374

Post by KWW92374 »

I hope BSM brings back there euro trucks to,that would be great...take care all.