Animal reproduction rate bug?

hun3

Animal reproduction rate bug?

Post by hun3 »

I bought 10 white sheep and 1 black one. Looking at the reproduction rate the game shows that the white sheep will reproduce in 90 days where is the black one as being single in 800 days. That doesnt make any sense...just because the animal is a different "color" why the reproduction rate is different? They live under the same roof and they all have sexy times together. :) I bet this is the same for all other animals as well.

So my dear farmers stick to the same color of your animals. :lol:
Crazof

Re: Animal reproduction rate bug?

Post by Crazof »

white reproduces with white, black reproduces with black.

the more interesting question should be focused on the fact that the single black can reproduce at all
W1der

Post by W1der »

I wont say what it is out loud ...

At first it bugged me ... but you can work with it ...
If you buy the same amount of each type at the same time ... the ”babies” will be born at the same time ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
jim_jones

Post by jim_jones »

Those crazy Germans, still the poor little guy has it better than he would have 80 years ago.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

You can stick to whatever you want. At the end the reproduction rate stays the same and you won't get less sheep if you Combine the Colors.

2 (White) every 400 hours
or
1 (White) every 800 hours and
1 (black) every 800 hours

is still 2 sheep after 800 hours.

Leaves us still with the question, who the single sheep reproduces.

Why don't we have different Prices for colored wool?
PS4 und PC
szechla

Post by szechla »

it's not only sheep
all animals in game are racist :D
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

What's the limit of wool bales That can be stack up in the sheds
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

Pigs are like this too. I noticed it yesterday.
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

Yea I found this out with cows when I bought 10 solid brown and 10 brown/white. Kinda strange, but oh well.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Coltar452017 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:26 pm What's the limit of wool bales That can be stack up in the sheds
They won’t stack, when the delivery area is full a message pops up on screen and you need to move the pallets.

The smaller sheep enclosure will keep 4. I generally move the full pallets before I sleep and first thing in the morning
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

In an attempt to make my first mod I found out the following:

birthrate is defined as dN/dt = k'*N,
where k' = k*((Nmax - N)/Nmax)) is the effective birthrate parameter
and where
  • k is a defined constant birthrate parameter, which can be made unique for each animal color
  • N is the current number of animals
  • Nmax is the pen capacity
If we set dt to 1 gameday, then dN is the number of newborns per gameday.

The time between births is given as:
T = 1/(k'*N)

As the number (N) of animals increases, the interval between births will decrease, but only up to a certain point. This growth model is self-limiting in the sense that the actual birth rate (k') will approach zero as the number of animals approach the max capacity for the pen. So, if you plan to have many animals, make sure you use a large pen, otherwise you will quickly see a stagnation in the reproduction.

Allowing modders to assign different parameter values to different animal types/colors opens up new opportunities. One could define a certain animal type to be growers that do not reproduce or heifers which do not yet produce milk.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

kahfs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 am In an attempt to make my first mod I found out the following:

birthrate is defined as dN/dt = k'*N,
where k' = k*((Nmax - N)/Nmax)) is the effective birthrate parameter
and where
  • k is a defined constant birthrate parameter, which can be made unique for each animal color
  • N is the current number of animals
  • Nmax is the pen capacity
If we set dt to 1 gameday, then dN is the number of newborns per gameday.

The time between births is given as:
T = 1/(k'*N)

As the number (N) of animals increases, the interval between births will decrease, but only up to a certain point. This growth model is self-limiting in the sense that the actual birth rate (k') will approach zero as the number of animals approach the max capacity for the pen. So, if you plan to have many animals, make sure you use a large pen, otherwise you will quickly see a stagnation in the reproduction.

Allowing modders to assign different parameter values to different animal types/colors opens up new opportunities. One could define a certain animal type to be growers that do not reproduce or heifers which do not yet produce milk.
Interesting. In a real world situation, more animals = Higher repro rate.

But, Why would you check it in this code you described. What's the benefit of that? I always thought the animals are checked by : IF(N=Nmax) Repro=True else Repro=False.

Can you tell me when that stagnation would happen?
W1der

Post by W1der »

Before there was no cap on how many animals you could have ... !?

When it’s full ... it’s full!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

D3nnisd wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 am
kahfs wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:24 am

Interesting. In a real world situation, more animals = Higher repro rate.

But, Why would you check it in this code you described. What's the benefit of that? I always thought the animals are checked by : IF(N=Nmax) Repro=True else Repro=False.

Can you tell me when that stagnation would happen?
Why is this interesting? I'm in the process of writing a mod which will calculate and redefine the birthrate parameter value that will ensure that a given number of mature animals will produce a given number of offspring in a certain time frame. For example, a sow produces on average 13 piglets every six months. So, 6 sows should produce 78 pigs every 6 months. To achieve this I need to compensate for this self-limiting effect as well as the fact that newborns also give birth in FS, but not in the real world. Of course FS don't differentiate between mature animals and offspring. This is just an attempt to compensate for this.

The stagnation will happen gradually. As the number of animals N approach the pen capacity Nmax, the difference (Nmax - N) will approach zero. At least that's what logic says based on Giants scripts. I have not seen it happen yet, as I'm more busy learning how to make a mod than playing the game. If you want 90 pigs, you should not use a pen with space for 100, but a bigger one.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

Crazof wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 pm white reproduces with white, black reproduces with black.

the more interesting question should be focused on the fact that the single black can reproduce at all
Also puzzling is the fact that roosters aren't required at all, chickens reproduce anyway.