Is anyone still playing On FS17?

AndOnTheDrums

Re: Is anyone still playing On FS17?

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

I play as a contract farmer on FS19 (PS4) just to keep up with mods and whatnot. I dont think Ill jump over full time until Seasons is released. Hopefully by then they will have fixed some more of the immersion issues (unbalanced audio, etc).
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

^^
I agree. Playing on PS4 and I’m enjoying this game much more then fs17. I haven’t experienced most of the problems I see reported just luck I guess. But have faith in Giants to patch what needs fixed and looking forward to what this edition has to offer going forward.
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

I'm with Bullitbill on this one, my opinion is people are mostly unhappy because giants over hyped this release so we all expected a lot more, I play at the moment on xbox one x because it's easier, I thought at the time spending £1000 to upgrade to 4K including monitor would be the thing to do as we move forward right, I just don't like looking across the farm yard and all my other vehicles are shimmering and have white shimmering lines around all parts of the vehicle.

I have decided today to go back to fs17 and explore seasons and all the other modded maps I haven't seen and of course it's in 4K.

My wife loves fs19 because I don't spend so much time playing, we actually spend more time together when we are home, as I haven't heard back from giants as to weather or not they are going to improve on the console graphics, I shall go back to playing fs19 on my pc later this year.

Who knows the mysterious fs19 may draw me back in a few days 😈
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I’m on green river,never played it before and loving it with seasons
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Lots of people are still playing FS17 based on steam charts. In fact, there are about 1/5th as many people playing 17 as there is 19. If that ratio gets larger we may even see modders reverting back to 17.
Eliminator

Post by Eliminator »

yes, I am …..I know a few people who still are. sometimes we even bounce back to 15
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Since so many customers are reverting to 17, maybe the devs should start on 21 now. It'll probably be AAA price by then, and they need the time to get it to at least AA quality.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Blademaster

Post by Blademaster »

For those of you that were around when FS17 came out, was there a similar transition between 15 and 17?
erict43

Post by erict43 »

Blademaster wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:43 am For those of you that were around when FS17 came out, was there a similar transition between 15 and 17?
Yes, it was a similar situation then, too. A lot of people were underwhelmed with the differences, and of course they missed the mods they grew used to in 15. It took a while for quality mods and maps to get released and take the game to the next level.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Can't play it as bad as I miss seasons and loneoak 19 is way better to me
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Gone_ploughing

Post by Gone_ploughing »

I'm still on 17.. Due to the lack of maps, practical mods and all the bugs on 19, also playing without seasons is wack.. Seasons makes the game for me...
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Blademaster wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:43 am For those of you that were around when FS17 came out, was there a similar transition between 15 and 17?
There was a little bit of complaining but nothing even close to what we are whitnessing now. GPS, drive control and many other script mods were out within two weeks of release of 17. For reference you can go look at player counts on steam charts and look at 15 and 17 when 17 was released.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

erict43 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:10 am
Yes, it was a similar situation then, too. A lot of people were underwhelmed with the differences, and of course they missed the mods they grew used to in 15. It took a while for quality mods and maps to get released and take the game to the next level.
agree it was similar...but the discord between Giants and the modding community is much greater this time around. For FS17 Giants worked with modders and there were more mods available quickly. Perhaps this is why it is perplexing Giants approach this time around. The criticism when launching 17 was very much the lack of mods...and yet they appear to have not only ignored such criticism, but actually worked to exclude the modding community more than before.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

@Blademaster, there was a lot of glitches and bugs with fs 17 but nothing you couldn’t work around or avoid IMO, but I can’t remember any complaints about sounds,graphics or the lighting. As for mod maps the first one wasn’t released until about 6 or 7 weeks after release of fs17. Re the above post... they’ve now upset Bulletbill who is one of the best map makers
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

The only people who overhype games are the players. I don't recall Giants saying this game will be so and so and not give what they said they would.
Hype is the players fault for not understanding the natural progression of the gaming world and realistic standards.
So tired of people saying it is not what they expected. What were you expecting? I'm scared to ask.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.