The US map is trash

Addictedtofs

Re: The US map is trash

Post by Addictedtofs »

I agree. Oakfield farm was an amazing map. It was fun and visually stunning. I haven't seen a giants map that could come anywhere close to that.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Honestly at this point giants should hire 2 map mod teams and let them make 1 map each. We would have 2 stunning maps and the mappers would get paid for doing it, it also has alot of potential to bring lots of attention to the mappers.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

But giants has to make maps that work on ALL platforms no matter how old or weak, and while BB and oxygen David maps are beautiful, they are extremely taxing on hardware. So giants makes maps that are a little more basic (but imo still good) maps to ensure the same performance
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I still don't get what is wrong with Giants maps and why user maps are so good?

1. Giants maps has unique buildings.
2. They are working fine!
3. Visually they look good!
4. Helpers are working quite well on fields

Cannot say this about all the user maps. I understand that lot of user maps are taken from real life locations and some map design is very good, but
what else is better on user maps?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

As above your reply
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

IceUul wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:44 pm I still don't get what is wrong with Giants maps and why user maps are so good?

1. Giants maps has unique buildings.
2. They are working fine!
3. Visually they look good!
4. Helpers are working quite well on fields

Cannot say this about all the user maps. I understand that lot of user maps are taken from real life locations and some map design is very good, but
what else is better on user maps?
Mate it's the little things, the airliners flying over, the gates, the custom details...The amazing little details come across when your 200 hrs into a map and not seen before. Unique buildings?? Have you seen oxygendavid or bullitbill's maps?? They created the best buildings ever!!
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Yes and all of those things are resource intensive and most of them have two different versions... one for PC and one for consoles. GIANTS can't do that as they need one map for both games
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

I do not mind Ravenport map yes it has trash and clutter in some places. I moved my farm near the Biogas plant, changed the landscape and put some in some flat areas. I think the main issue is only the only placeables are run down models and not brand new looking. At least I made it work for me until modders get there maps released.