Helping Giants to Improve Farming Simulator 19! Things I like in FS19 / Things I dislike in FS19

annasgramma

Re: Helping Giants to Improve Farming Simulator 19! Things I like in FS19 / Things I dislike in FS19

Post by annasgramma »

I love the graphics!

I don't like the on-screen map. It's too hard to see the roads. I wish there were a way to change the opacity on the map so that the small roads show up better.

I also don't particularly like the way the sheep pastures are elevated. I had a big truck get stuck coming down one of those mountain-like slopes and I almost had to reset it. Luckily, I was finally able to maneuver it so that it got free, but it was a real pain to do. There needs to be a way to flatten out the land.
TaintedBlackCat

Re: Helping Giants to Improve Farming Simulator 19! Things I like in FS19 / Things I dislike in FS19

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

😸Like - Illumination of interior vehicle lights (quality in some better than others). I only had dashboard lights in a couple of modded tractors on FS17.
😸Like - Interior animations of vehicle pedals and gear sticks.
😸-Like - Introduction of the much improved clouds, buy/sell land system and placable animal enclosures.

😿-Dislike- The amount of detail and perhaps wasted system resources in areas of the map that I rarely visit. Doesn't seem to be a reason to walk the streets or cruise the avenues in my truck...would be nice if my farmer could pickup the ladies of Ravensport 😼
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

You wouldn't like the ladies of Ravensport, they're just too hollow. They're so far out of faze that you could drive a truck through them, and they wouldn't even notice you.
I wonder how many slots are used for the ladies of Ravensport, and the AI vehicles.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

eric21 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:13 pm What's broken?
Do you really purchased FS19, or are you playing another game. Go buying glasses
In already 7 hours of FS19 gameplay i find game errors. And you denying you couldnt find any. :geeknew: :geeknew: :geeknew:
Iam only the mods that where provided by giants modhub and where save to install.

The things iam really liking:

The new maps, added chickencoop, (graphics are okay, but on some machines they are poor)

What i dont like:

Still to much game errors / problems
No discussion about the game errors on this forum (communication is poor as well) (maybe giants are hiding something)
Strang dissisions what would added to the game.. (to much new brands, but no adding more stuff to the current brands)
Why they removed content in FS19 what was already in FS17 and earlier.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Cyclops25

Post by Cyclops25 »

I cant relay think of anything i Like or dislike that has already been said, but i have some suggestions/tips for the dev team.

*A small bar that show the damage from the selected implement. changes when we hit the G button. (maybe even do that do the main bar?)
*Damage, i want my tractor to be completely incapacitated when i hit a lamp post at 70km/t. Need of repair. not nessecary more cost than if the repair bar is completely at zero.
*Physics. i bumped my palet forks in the back of my trailer the other day. they where now stuck in there and i could lift my whole tractor of the ground and drive the trailer around with the tractor on the back. Se PIC. This is just an example. many many odd things happends.
*When i bump into things it feels like im bumping into something rubbery/springy
*beeing able to cycle through what you want to repair on the repair shop. if you set a tractor with a sprayer on the back, tank on the front with a frontloader+palletfork, you can select what to repair. repairing just the frontloader in that situation is a pain.
*durability of all things is too low. If you have to go and repair you brand new cultivator after 2 hours, there is a warranty situation.
'Buying large amount of pallets is tedious, let us set how many to buy.
*Light on machines and tractors need to be longer, in the night we can now see about 5 meters in front of the tractor. when doing fertilizing or herb spraying we dont see the tip of the sprayer bars. the cotton picker has ALOT of lights but none of them are pointing just enough down to spot each end of the picker header.

And the most important one: Giants, you need a new game engine

And a final free tip: Get the Saber Interactive people in a meeting room, im sure you two can come up with something cool.
They are the team behind Spintires series.

Edit: Added lights complaining :this:

Last edited by Cyclops25 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

Thank you everyone so far for the comments. Remember to please try and stay on topic, this game is rated for everyone.
GeneralKaishi

Post by GeneralKaishi »

Cyclops25 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:42 pm
Damage, i want my tractor to be completely incapacitated when i hit a lamp post at 70km/t.

They could also put in Permadeath feature, when you hit the lamp post at 70km it kills your character and makes you start the game over from scratch.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

annasgramma wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:30 pm I love the graphics!

I don't like the on-screen map. It's too hard to see the roads. I wish there were a way to change the opacity on the map so that the small roads show up better.

I also don't particularly like the way the sheep pastures are elevated. I had a big truck get stuck coming down one of those mountain-like slopes and I almost had to reset it. Luckily, I was finally able to maneuver it so that it got free, but it was a real pain to do. There needs to be a way to flatten out the land.
You can raise and lower the placeables before you buy them. And the terraforming tool can help flatten land if the pens are raised. Use the smooth tool on the raised areas and they will smooth out the land.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

Did anyone ask you about your opinion? Did GIANTS ever created a poll about FS19 what you like and dislike? Did giants asked on this forum what things need rework in your opinion? I think that answers to all this questions is NO...I stopped playing FS19 in a month ago and I sometimes come here to see what changed. Nothing. Still a hundred topics about what people like and dislike and no reactions from anyone in Giants who actually matter lol. Let's face the fact that people do these topics just to talk about it, nothing else. It won't change anything
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

The only time I had the game crash is when I do the composite shed pack installed them it crashed in about 15 min of play time read it somewhere on this forum that someone else had same issue found the there’s something wrong with that mod I uninstalled since haven’t had it crash and I play for 4-6 hrs a day faithfully zero problems
Playing on PS5 and PC
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

@Cuthbert Please stay on topic. Giants do read comments they just do not respond to everything they read. You are entitled to your own opinion but there is no need to be rude. Everyone that signs up to forum has the right to make a topic or comment about the game even if you do not like it.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

The landscaping features is the only thing that I dislike... I feel like I don't have any control over what it does.

Besi that it's a pretty good game not a huge improvement on fs17 but an improvement nonetheless.

For me it's basically wait for interesting modds to come out and enhance the game further.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:14 pm
Attack Wave wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:42 pm
The fact that you would compare fs19 to the dumpster fire that was and is fallout 76 hints at one to two things; either you are a complete hater-troll who enjoys bashing, or you haven't really played the former. I'm guessing both.
Cute. However I’ve been gaming for around 20yrs, so I do know what I’m talking about. I’m not a “troll” either (nice try, but lame response).

I loved FS17, however I didn’t see much incorporated into FS19. There are just too many errors to enjoy the game. So, take that as you will.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Attack Wave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:07 pm
I'm not saying there aren't errors. I took issue with your comparison. Fallout 76 was a hot mess. The bugs it had were the worst I've ever seen, from any game. A few errors and a lack of new features being incorporated, does not make this game fallout 76.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Well technically it does. The game wasn’t complete or tested before it was released to the public. More time should have been spent on it, but it wasn’t.

I guess you just don’t like my comment, but then that’s up to you, I know what I’m talking about with regards to games. I used to play with a Professional team called Team Dignitas, I take it you’re also a ‘pro gamer’ to counter my argument?
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*