Follow me feature

Joshj27a

Follow me feature

Post by Joshj27a »

Is there a chance if possible for the follow me feature to come to console? Also a gear box for console so you can put vehicles in neutral and tow them?
Husqvarna TS 352

Re: Follow me feature

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Nope. It requires srcipts which consoles don't support. They haven't even been made or announced for PC yet.
G'day
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:51 pm Nope. It requires srcipts which consoles don't support. They haven't even been made or announced for PC yet.
i wouldn't say nope as have to think that was said about Season's as that mod did as well and guess what it's on console. so as they say never say never as it might some day.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

I've done this whole song and dance before with everyone here. I bring up the seasons example how and how Everyone said it was impossible and yes...... It WAS impossible unless Giants ALLOW it (or whatever they did to get it on) and that's what they did. Suddenly it became an exception.

Then i bring up the auto loading trailer. Same story here. All the time before it was impossible. Suddenly its an exception to the rule.

Im not saying follow me is going to happen. It probably won't. But to say it will NEVER is foolish
End of story you say. Well... Story is not over yet. Yes i agree, it will NEVER happen IF Giants dont buy it or agree to it or take it or whatever they do. But stop saying its impossible cause someday it could be an exception to the rule.

P. S. Just don't get your hopes up.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Joshj27a

Post by Joshj27a »

Jagtractor wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 am I've done this whole song and dance before with everyone here. I bring up the seasons example how and how Everyone said it was impossible and yes...... It WAS impossible unless Giants ALLOW it (or whatever they did to get it on) and that's what they did. Suddenly it became an exception.

Then i bring up the auto loading trailer. Same story here. All the time before it was impossible. Suddenly its an exception to the rule.

Im not saying follow me is going to happen. It probably won't. But to say it will NEVER is foolish
End of story you say. Well... Story is not over yet. Yes i agree, it will NEVER happen IF Giants dont buy it or agree to it or take it or whatever they do. But stop saying its impossible cause someday it could be an exception to the rule.

I agree with you. I think it is very possible. I don’t think it will happen. It it could. I only asked because I wanted to get others opinions on it. I think if Giants wants to “WIN” on console then they are going to have to bring features like this along with others to console. Just like with PC if Giants wants to keep making money in the console market they will have to.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Jagtractor wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 am I've done this whole song and dance before with everyone here. I bring up the seasons example how and how Everyone said it was impossible and yes...... It WAS impossible unless Giants ALLOW it (or whatever they did to get it on) and that's what they did. Suddenly it became an exception.

As said above the auto loading trailer didn't use external scripts, it used existing GIANTS scripts (though in a different way than they were intended).

That's impossible with a complex mod like Follow Me. Added to that consoles simply don't have enough button combinations left to add a mod like Follow Me and retain all of it's functionality. Though I admit it would be good to have a more stripped down follow the leader in the future though.

Seasons mod support was down a number of reasons. GIANTS released a major patch, much of which was dedicated to including support for Seasons (that's the only way to get scripts on console). They were impressed with the coding (so much so they hired Rahkiin, one of the developers) and even with the excellent code it still took months of effort from both GIANTS and Realismus working together to get it console ready.

As you say never say never, but as it stands Seasons is to my knowledge the only non-GIANTS script mod that has ever been made available on consoles and due to the mammoth effort involved and limitations from Sony and Microsoft it will almost certainly remain the only exception to the rule for the foreseeable future. I hope I'm wrong though.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:43 pm
Autoload bale trailers wasnt an exception, the modder found a way to incorporate the existing bale loading script to make it work. Thats why there have only been bale trailers and not ones for pallets or logs
Yup, i know. I also remember distinctly having a discussion on about how a modder could take the already in place loading bales script from the game and incorporate it into their own mod. Basically everyone thought it couldn't be done or modders wouldn't bother catering to the console (otherwise why would you use those in game scripts)

Anyway it came out later and everyone forgot about how they all said it couldn't be done. As what happened with seasons. And hopefully someday everyone will forget they didn't believe in follow me (or some simple version of it)

I agree its not on the same level as seasons as those were outside scripts that were approved of by Giants as apposed to ones that someone found in game.
But the point is still what everyone thought couldn't be done was done anyway.

I still strongly think follow me will not come in 19. It seems like Giants really have their hands full this time around and don't see and big development leaps in the game.

But some day?
Next gen consoles?
Who knows
PC and PS4 Pro
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Jagtractor wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:16 pm Yup, i know. I also remember distinctly having a discussion on about how a modder could take the already in place loading bales script from the game and incorporate it into their own mod. Basically everyone thought it couldn't be done or modders wouldn't bother catering to the console (otherwise why would you use those in game scripts)

Anyway it came out later and everyone forgot about how they all said it couldn't be done. As what happened with seasons. And hopefully someday everyone will forget they didn't believe in follow me (or some simple version of it)
Any mod can use any script already in the game. There's no magic or secret to it, after all they're used by the in-game vehicles and easily copied. You can alter the way an implement works (to a certain extent) without needing to alter the scripts.

If no-one made a one for console before that it's simply because no-one wanted to. It's not an especially difficult job to incorporate it the way they did. It wouldn't take an experienced modder more than a day to get it working I'd imagine.

If you download the mod to a PC or phone you can see that it doesn't have any additional scripts (lua files) included and instead references $dataS/scripts/vehicles/Vehicle.lua, which is the vehicle and implement scripts in the standard game install. These scripts are encrypted and cannot be changed.

It's completely different to how Seasons (or any script mod) does things.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Yup, i agree with you completely and i argued for this back then as well. Not hard at all for a typical modder. But that wasn't the case before someone finally did it. That didn't change the typical can't be done nonsense everyone was talking about before the guy or girl did it. It wasn't a conversation about "the modders don't feel like doing it for console" it was a conversation that went something like this. "autoload can't work for consoles, has scripts, case closed". So many many people said that over and over. Now everyone is enlightened as to how easy it was and how not a problem it was and before it was "stop talking about this already"
People forget so easily.
PC and PS4 Pro
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:15 am
ace54858 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:46 am
i wouldn't say nope as have to think that was said about Season's as that mod did as well and guess what it's on console. so as they say never say never as it might some day.
Seassons was THE exception to the rule because it won the mod contest, end of story. Mods with outside scripts are RESTRICTED from consoles.
sorry to say it but people kept say over and over again for year's that seasons would never come to console because of script and yet it did so there is no reason at all for follow me or course play to not come to console as well in time if gaint's and the modder's who made them want to do work on trying. never say never and now day's nothing is impossible if people put there mind to it and only time will tell if it will happen or not.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

ace54858 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:41 pm sorry to say it but people kept say over and over again for year's that seasons would never come to console because of script and yet it did so there is no reason at all for follow me or course play to not come to console as well in time if gaint's and the modder's who made them want to do work on trying. never say never and now day's nothing is impossible if people put there mind to it and only time will tell if it will happen or not.
As I've said, there is a reason, even if you ignore the scripting issue. There simply aren't enough button configurations left for users to implement the full version of Follow Me, and that's assuming that Decker wants to release a version for FS19 at all (I've not read of any such plans myself yet).
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

They tried to bring courseplay to console once (can't remember when) but there weren't enough button mappings (or key bindings if you're a PC enthusiast) so even if the scripts could be implemented via DLC or in some exception it wouldn't of worked anyway.
G'day
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

You do realise you can use a keyboard on console ?
FS17 even supported it on Xbox, you could use one to turn on hazards and even wire mesh mode.
So never say never yes external scrips are not allowed on console but any “scripts” added to the game APIs via a patch will then be available to all mods. Nothing stopping Giants adding more and more scripts this way same as any other platform.
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Nice to see console players spamming for mods again.

Most modders can’t be bothered to invest time into making mods work on consoles and with the amount of demanding, spamming and whining I don’t blame them.

GIANTS editor is free to download and tons of info on how to make mods is available. Hope to see your mod out on both console and PC soon.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Joshj27a wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:45 am

I agree with you. I think it is very possible. I don’t think it will happen. It it could. I only asked because I wanted to get others opinions on it. I think if Giants wants to “WIN” on console then they are going to have to bring features like this along with others to console. Just like with PC if Giants wants to keep making money in the console market they will have to.
Why don’t you go ask the mod author if it’s that important to you, as it’s not up to GIANTS at all.

FYI if CnC Gets off to a good start after it’s release, don’t be surprised to see most modders jump ship. Then you’ll get basically NO mods on console...
Last edited by BreadedVirus on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
the big print giveth the small print taketh