Introducing the Farming Simulator League

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Introducing the Farming Simulator League

Post by Lisertan »

After testing the waters in 2018 with the first season of the Farming Simulator Championship, GIANTS Software is ready to dive deeper into the world of eSports with the upcoming season two.
Major changes lie ahead, when the Farming Simulator Championship becomes the Farming Simulator League, a full-fledged eSports league with 10 tournaments across Europe. At the end of the season, the best teams will compete for the title of the Farming Simulator Champion and 100.000€ in prizes. Every single tournament will not only grant circuit points for the best teams, but also wield big prizes, bringing the total prize pool for season two up to a total of 250.000€

GIANTS Software teamed up with some of the industries finest for the upcoming league, partnering with Logitech G, Intel, noblechairs as well as long term partner Nitrado to provide the best experience possible to both, players and fans of the Farming Simulator League.

„We have a unique opportunity“, explains Christian Ammann, CEO of GIANTS Software and manager of the eSports division. „competitive farming is something people enjoy for years now, but it hasn’t been done in eSports so far. We have lots of eSports enthusiasts in our company who can’t wait to show the world that farming can indeed be fun and competitive at the same time. We believe we found the right mix of real farming and fun to play game elements to ensure everyone will find it entertaining.“

The game itself is changing as well. Not only will the new league be held in the brand new Farming Simulator 19, but it will also move from bale stacking to a competitive 3 vs 3 mode where teams challenge each other to determine who is the best on the field. The game will, of course, stand true to its roots in farming and combine real field work like harvesting with fun and challenging game elements. GIANTS Software will reveal more about the new game mode in the near future.

This is just the beginning, so stay tuned for more information around the new Farming Simulator League in the near future.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
redglasses

Re: Introducing the Farming Simulator League

Post by redglasses »

Now this is interesting
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Pelican

Post by Pelican »

if your in Europe...
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

how about fixing the BGA?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I couldn't figure out one thing though.
Is this going to be a "must be on site" event(s) or will we be able to attend remotely like a MP session?
And of course the inevitable question, will it work for the consoles too or is it just a PC thing?
PS5 / FS22
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

How about one for America you have just as many people over here that play farming simulator if not more
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Ugh, really, instead of fixing the game, Giants spent time doing this?
Dood

Post by Dood »

Are you planning to include 50 players battle royale mode?
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

sootysax wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:20 pm how about fixing the BGA?
You really don't want me to fix anything, trust me. So I do have time for this.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:32 pm I couldn't figure out one thing though.
Is this going to be a "must be on site" event(s) or will we be able to attend remotely like a MP session?
And of course the inevitable question, will it work for the consoles too or is it just a PC thing?
While we will share more details in the future, a tiny heads up: We will have on-site and online tournaments, HOWEVER, as it will be a cirquit point system, only playing online tournaments will not bring you to the championships and the big money.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm How about one for America you have just as many people over here that play farming simulator if not more
For now it's Europe only. Let's see how that turns out.
Community Manager

IceUul

Post by IceUul »

It is on site! Not online.

Also i feel this kind of way to advertise Farming Simulator very lame, sorry but turning Farming Simulator to another competitive game? Really?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 pm
RODHA wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:32 pm I couldn't figure out one thing though.
While we will share more details in the future, a tiny heads up: We will have on-site and online tournaments, HOWEVER, as it will be a cirquit point system, only playing online tournaments will not bring you to the championships and the big money.
Money prices would of course be very good but I guess I'm gonna leave that to pros.
What I'm really interested in is participating and having fun.
So, I see some hope here for being able to turn on my PS4 and participate in the tournaments from my couch.
Hope that happens.
PS5 / FS22
Pelican

Post by Pelican »

Well ... Good luck with that
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:52 pm
sootysax wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:20 pm how about fixing the BGA?
You really don't want me to fix anything, trust me. So I do have time for this.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one.
But I believe, people are trying to make a point here to whom supposed to listen and pass along the word :smileynew:
PS5 / FS22