[FS19] Giants Mods this week

Phigo

Re: [FS19] Giants Mods this week

Post by Phigo »

drb wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:40 am I agree with you Phigo, the legacy equipment should be available as updates, if it was not possible to transfer them before the game launched.

I imagine some things could not be included in the base game (or as a base-game update) due to licensing issues. Essentially, it boils down to the fact that licenses are required to sell a product using another company's brand - you can't sell FS19 with Brochard manure spreaders if you no longer have a license to do that from Brochard. You also can't update a Brochard manure spreader into the game without a license, since the user bought the future base game updates when they bought the game. However, you can give away a free digital model of a Brochard manure spreader without needing one, since you aren't making any profit on the brand's name. This is my understanding of the situation anyway.
Correct me if I'm wrong: We don't get Mods on console like Claas or in FS17 JD because of missing Licences and now we get some things only because of missing licences? No I don't think so.

There is no difference in my opinion if I have a Deutz Model a (don't know the numbers) in game and a Deutz model b as a Mod. I don't get it. It has to do something with developing and porting over from FS17 (which is okay if they Need the time, but it would be nice if it Comes as a later update)
PS4 und PC
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Manufacturs want their latest products in game. But giants has done this way back in fs13 when I first played fs
drb

Post by drb »

Phigo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:57 am Correct me if I'm wrong: We don't get Mods on console like Claas or in FS17 JD because of missing Licences and now we get some things only because of missing licences? No I don't think so.
You make a good point here, I didn't think about that.

My second guess: The only difference between Claas mods and legacy equipment mods is that the legacy equipment was, at the least, previously licensed for FS - perhaps the licensing agreements include the rights to release any models Giants has made of a manufacturer's equipment during a game's development as mods in subsequent games.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

i was wondering if Giants ever answers equipment licensing questions or speculations that always seem to appear? Or, do they just let players keep guessing and pretending to know the answers.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They are not allowed to share any information in regarding to licensed is where I read.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

drb wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:45 pm Does anyone else love that Giants have been reintegrating old machinery from previous games twice a week since launch? I'm really pleased that they are doing so.

I hope we see the JCB skid steers/telehandlers and more of the combine harvesters from previous games (MF Delta 9380, the other 2 Rostselmash machines, the Case 7130, and the respective grain and corn headers) as part of this project.

What is everyone else hoping to see?
I second this
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
garyst

Post by garyst »

^^ I am hoping to see the self propelled horsch, Massey ferguson, and new holland sprayers make a return, but increase the working speed to 15 mph like the hardi.
TheVpSniper

Post by TheVpSniper »

drb wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:50 pm
Phigo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:57 am Correct me if I'm wrong: We don't get Mods on console like Claas or in FS17 JD because of missing Licences and now we get some things only because of missing licences? No I don't think so.

My second guess: The only difference between Claas mods and legacy equipment mods is that the legacy equipment was, at the least, previously licensed for FS - perhaps the licensing agreements include the rights to release any models Giants has made of a manufacturer's equipment during a game's development as mods in subsequent games.
thats the other thing tho in FS17 we had a Bobcat skidster mod and people say that "well they have to have the license for them to be able to add the mod into the game well if that the case then why did that mod come out for console. So there's more to the things that there able to release without the licenses that we just dont know cuz if you look at some of the mods that are on modhub they dont have the license for some of those too but yet their there so. I personally kinda don't believe the people that say oh they need the license to release that.
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

I would like to see few things but hey. Hope that someone will do mower without output so u can cut edges on roads, fields etc. And not to worry about collecting grass...
And yes Krone Cargo is still on my "hope to see" list :mrgreen:
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

:confusednew: Is chopped straw working as fet. stage. Just relise that i even didn't bother to check. Lol
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

TheVpSniper wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:54 pm
drb wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:50 pm

thats the other thing tho in FS17 we had a Bobcat skidster mod and people say that "well they have to have the license for them to be able to add the mod into the game well if that the case then why did that mod come out for console. So there's more to the things that there able to release without the licenses that we just dont know cuz if you look at some of the mods that are on modhub they dont have the license for some of those too but yet their there so. I personally kinda don't believe the people that say oh they need the license to release that.
I read somewhere bobcat works with New Holland? Is this true?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Colin_TJ wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:36 pm I would like to see few things but hey. Hope that someone will do mower without output so u can cut edges on roads, fields etc. And not to worry about collecting grass...
Krone cargo is custom built
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

eric21 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:47 pm
Colin_TJ wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:36 pm I would like to see few things but hey. Hope that someone will do mower without output so u can cut edges on roads, fields etc. And not to worry about collecting grass...
Krone cargo is custom built
Dutch engineering!!
PS4 player
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

garyst wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:09 pm ^^ I am hoping to see the self propelled horsch, Massey ferguson, and new holland sprayers make a return, but increase the working speed to 15 mph like the hardi.
And the Pantera
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Colin_TJ wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:39 pm :confusednew: Is chopped straw working as fet. stage. Just relise that i even didn't bother to check. Lol
No its just a visual.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.