[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by Lisertan »

Moin,

who reads the forum knows the discussion about "GIANTS doesn't answer anymore". That's not wrong, unfortunately, I can't find the time for the forum at the moment and the Community Coordinator isn't there yet. So I try something new: This thread.

What is it supposed to bring?

Since I don't manage to read the whole forum, I hope to bundle your questions here and then see that I get answers. At least 1 - 2 times a day a few answers should be in it and hopefully will get at least some information.

I probably won't be able to answer everything, especially questions like "why did XY get the bug ABC" are hard to answer (apart from such great answers like "because it's bugged"), but maybe we can get something together.

To start with, I'll bring the answers to the questions I read most often:

1. Where is the new GE?

The new GE is currently being tested by the QA team. This will certainly take a few more days, but if it works as we want it to, it won't be that far away. We don't have ETA, I would estimate 1-2 weeks if all goes well. Maybe faster if the QA team doesn't find any bugs.

2. Where is the Scriptdoku?

It is in its final stages and hopefully (!) ready before the new GE. Of course I can't promise it, but I think the chance is good.

3. where is the next patch/why is there so little information about the next patch?

I'll take these two questions together. At the moment our devs are working on the next patch and fix as much as they can. The next patch is still a few weeks away, though, because, as in the past, we'd rather patch non-game-breaking bugs in one big swing than have small patches several times. This is mainly for practical reasons for players who play the game from the DVD or from our website, because the patches are quite big and many players don't have a quick line. Of course we hotfix game breakers, but everything else will be patched all at once. If we have more information here you will get it of course

4. Why are the bug forums so quiet, do you even read them?

Yeah, less than we want, more than you think. The situation has already been described several times: QA is urgently looking for helping hands. We are currently in the interview phase and are trying to get new people on board as fast as possible, but at the moment time is just short and the short time is better spent on bug-fixing and mod-testing than on the forum. This will improve again, don't worry.

5th Forum? There is nobody left (aka where is the Lisertan?)

Unfortunately, some communication channels are currently suffering from the fact that we do a lot of things and therefore have less time to answer/chatter questions. This is especially true for me. A new CC is on its way, but it still needs a few weeks (or months? I hope not months). That's why I'm trying this thread to see if it at least helps a bit.

I know it's not ideal here, but it's worth a try I think.

So go ahead. What do you want to get rid of, know, chat? (And yes, I try to read everything else in the forum in between, but if there is little time, at least this thread is hopefully in here)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
thumbwiz

Re: [FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by thumbwiz »

Can you please tell me if Greenhouses are coming back to the core game?
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Wow... That is courageous :biggrin2:
You know you will be geting a truck load of questions unless everybody just lost all hope and already ditched the forum.
You (Giants) neglected the forum way too long and way too much. Above everything, I hope this could really change in the near future.

As you know me, getting legit information from you (Giants) has always been my priority.
I believe this is also true for a lot of others in the community.

I have a ton of questions but I won't be taking too much forum space and don't want to frustrate people.

So, here is my 1 question:
Are you going to fine tune that unbearable lighting engine?
It is like I'm playing the game through my phone's camre constantly changing brightness between stupidly peak levels.
That is really a game breaker and quite annoying.
I can and did tolarate a lot of things about FS19 but not this.
I hope the answer is YES. I really do.

Lastly, thank you for showing up again :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

thumbwiz wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:55 am Can you please tell me if Greenhouses are coming back to the core game?
Most likely, yes. We are working on them :)
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:56 am Wow... That is courageous :biggrin2:
You know you will be geting a truck load of questions unless everybody just lost all hope and already ditched the forum.
You (Giants) neglected the forum way too long and way too much. Above everything, I hope this could really change in the near future.

As you know me, getting legit information from you (Giants) has always been my priority.
I believe this is also true for a lot of others in the community.

I have a ton of questions but I won't be taking too much forum space and don't want to frustrate people.

So, here is my 1 question:
Are you going to fine tune that unbearable lighting engine?
It is like I'm playing the game through my phone's camre constantly changing brightness between stupidly peak levels.
That is really a game breaker and quite annoying.
I can and did tolarate a lot of things about FS19 but not this.
I hope the answer is YES. I really do.

Lastly, thank you for showing up again :hi:
We are tweaking a lot of things right now. Not sure how much it will change and if you like it afterwards, but I'd say the answer is: Most likely, yes.

I know the forums went way too quiet, that's why I try this thread to improve things till my minion arrives.
Community Manager

ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:12 pm I know the forums went way too quiet ...
Nope, was terrible loud! No I hope it becomes quit here! All that screaming ... :lol:

SCNR BTT
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Question 1:
Are you planning to convert all the FS17 mods and ingame equipment to FS19 or some things will be left out?

I mean everything what was in F17 and what is made by Giants. So far we have every week
something new will be added, but still lot of things missing: Harvesters, Zetor tractors, Holmer terra pack...

Question 2:
Is the next DLC already work in progress and any plans about the release date?
diar1410

Post by diar1410 »

Hello Lis, is it true that to make mods and send them to Giants you must first make small mods such as plows or cultivators of 3 meters as a type of test, to then be able to send more complex things like vehicles?
I speak Spanish, sorry for my English... PS5
patrickc273

Post by patrickc273 »

Very glad to see this thread appear, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

My question would be is there any maps currently being tested or on the to test list, that will be coming to console? If so any rough idea when we would be seeing them?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

patrickc273 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:55 pm Very glad to see this thread appear, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

My question would be is there any maps currently being tested or on the to test list, that will be coming to console? If so any rough idea when we would be seeing them?
There's already a thread about mods in testing on the general discussion forum. There are a couple of maps in testing ATM. And there's never any guarantees given for release time of mods.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Thanks for the thread.

1) Are the devs happy with the in game economy? It seems to take a ton of grinding to get anywhere, especially in wake of the landscaping tool.
2) Is the helper AI going to be improved in any meaningful way?
3) Will objects (light poles, trash cans, sign posts, benches) be able to be removed and grass planted by the landscaping tool in the future?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

My biggest dislike is the way the sounds have changed compared with 17, especially the ghostly silence when you zoom out from a vehicle when in 3rd person camera. Is this something that can be looked at if it is not already ?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Second question from me:

Why the 4K option is removed from PS4 Pro?
If possible I would like to hear the truth not that "performance issues/concerns" reasoning.
Because, in FS17 my pro's cooling system was running like a fighter jet but I was able to play on 4K with beautiful picture quality.
In FS19 with 3K resolution, my Pro's cooling system runs just a little over idle. Which means CPU or GPU are not overloaded because of the higher resolution.
That also means 4K option cannot possibly bottle neck the hardware which then means there must be something wrong with the graphics engine other than "performance issues" of the console's hardware.
Or there is something else I cannot think of.
Either way a legit explanation would be much appreciated :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

IceUul wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:52 pm Question 1:
Are you planning to convert all the FS17 mods and ingame equipment to FS19 or some things will be left out?

I mean everything what was in F17 and what is made by Giants. So far we have every week
something new will be added, but still lot of things missing: Harvesters, Zetor tractors, Holmer terra pack...

Question 2:
Is the next DLC already work in progress and any plans about the release date?
We will convert most of them, I believe it's not all of them. It depends on various things (like licenses for example) but we will continue to bring as many as possible.

DLC is in the work, an announcement is not too far away anymore :)
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

diar1410 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:54 pm Hello Lis, is it true that to make mods and send them to Giants you must first make small mods such as plows or cultivators of 3 meters as a type of test, to then be able to send more complex things like vehicles?
No. While we highly recommend doing this, especially for new modders, it's not a requirement. The problem is: Mot modders, even experienced ones, who try to upload mods to the ModHub for the first time have issues getting the mod approved because of various issues that might seem small, but will lead to a NO from our QA team. The more complex a mod is, the higher the chance for issues, therefore we recommend building something easy and small to test the waters and see how things work in the modHub. However, if you feel a gigantic total conversion mod should be your very first project, then be our guest to do that.
Community Manager