[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: [FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by Lisertan »

patrickc273 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:55 pm Very glad to see this thread appear, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

My question would be is there any maps currently being tested or on the to test list, that will be coming to console? If so any rough idea when we would be seeing them?
There are 3 or 4 (I believe 3) that are in testing and hop on and off that list as they fail, get updated and so on. AFAIK they are all PC and Console so yeah, there should be some, soon. As mentioned before, QA is a bit understaffed right now, so things take longer than they should. We know that *censored*. Sorry.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:14 pm Thanks for the thread.

1) Are the devs happy with the in game economy? It seems to take a ton of grinding to get anywhere, especially in wake of the landscaping tool.
2) Is the helper AI going to be improved in any meaningful way?
3) Will objects (light poles, trash cans, sign posts, benches) be able to be removed and grass planted by the landscaping tool in the future?
1) Overall, we are. There is always room for some small tweaks, but we think it's more or less Ok as it is.

2) That helper will never not be a topic I guess :D We continue to work on the helper, however there is no real ETA as of when we will see meaningful changes. Might be far away.

-EDIT-
Oops forgot

3. Yes.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 pm My biggest dislike is the way the sounds have changed compared with 17, especially the ghostly silence when you zoom out from a vehicle when in 3rd person camera. Is this something that can be looked at if it is not already ?
That is intended, but we realize people don't like it too much. Not sure if we will (or can) change things here, but the Soundteam is aware.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:45 pm Second question from me:

Why the 4K option is removed from PS4 Pro?
If possible I would like to hear the truth not that "performance issues/concerns" reasoning.
Because, in FS17 my pro's cooling system was running like a fighter jet but I was able to play on 4K with beautiful picture quality.
In FS19 with 3K resolution, my Pro's cooling system runs just a little over idle. Which means CPU or GPU are not overloaded because of the higher resolution.
That also means 4K option cannot possibly bottle neck the hardware which then means there must be something wrong with the graphics engine other than "performance issues" of the console's hardware.
Or there is something else I cannot think of.
Either way a legit explanation would be much appreciated :hi:
I'm afraid it is, indeed, a performance thing. We are getting to the limit of the PS4/XBOX One :/ We tested the 4k option during the development, but it wasn't really playable anymore.
Community Manager

GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

Just three questions, why the change in tractor horn sounds - ( example Big Bud has air horns )? Will the usable red barn and pickup truck used in the game intro be coming to the game?
Lost1nSpace

Post by Lost1nSpace »

Do you know if Marwell manor farm passed testing? :)
Leyna

Post by Leyna »

Mods in testing: you stated today there were 3 maps currently in testing but only listed 2? Is Marwell Manor Farm still in testing?

Thank you for this thread
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

Who's beard is more epic ?...yours or Mrsealyp's ?
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

Why is everything that did not make it into the base game being released as a mod? There are 42 official mods already, and of those 42 around 35 are machines or maps that should have been in the base game. I realize that time would have been an issue, but I would have much preferred these machines to just be added to the base game with a patch. Instead they'll end up being neglected in the long run, because they are only mods. Same thing has happened in FS17. Sure, some critical bugs are fixed, but as the game improves these mods will be forgotten. Like the change in available wheel options that came relatively late in the life of FS17, and that was never brought over to any of the official mods. And of course the numerous bugs in the mods themselves.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Is the interior gages and lighting in tractors going to get fixed?lights on tractors dashes that are luminanted but the lights are off or the tractors that have broken fuel gages like the needle on the NH t9 565 showing empty among several others I have listed in bug reports get looked at since it breaks the realisim a bit when your fuel gage is always full or empty.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Farmer Bacon

Post by Farmer Bacon »

Hi Lisertan, are there any plans to add a control for hazard warning lights (4-way indicators) on console? There was mention on the forum that plugging a keyboard in and pressing numpad2 works. I tried it but the game disconnects the keyboard a couple of seconds after it's plugged in.
A virtual farmer. FS17 FS19 FS22 PS5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Richard Dower wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:43 pm Who's beard is more epic ?...yours or Mrsealyp's ?
This :biggrin2: *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
szechla

Post by szechla »

Mine is more of a request than a question

Size of a mods folder on consoles is very limited, GIANTS mods alone take almost 50% of this limit, and the game is only 3 months old. That way console players will quickly run out of space for mods
If those mods were bundled up and released as a DLC, it would free up a lot of space for other mods.

Do you have plans to do it (i.e. bundle up your own mods and release as a DLC for consoles)? If not, can you please do it anyway (at least Estancia Lapacho and bigger machines)? Pretty please :)
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Since gearbox was supposed to be in drive and sound wise in the base game, is there any plans to patch it in later or is it scrapped for fs19? I was most excited for this feature.
XBOX/ FS22
Heyward83

Post by Heyward83 »

Eta on Marwell Manor? I need this map!

Thanks