[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: [FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by Lisertan »

GTSilverado wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:25 pm Just three questions, why the change in tractor horn sounds - ( example Big Bud has air horns )? Will the usable red barn and pickup truck used in the game intro be coming to the game?
Not sure about the sound. I just created a feedback thread in gerneral discussion, feel free to post that there.

I believe the red barn is in there as a deco object? The truck, not that I'm aware of
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Lost1nSpace wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:26 pm Do you know if Marwell manor farm passed testing? :)
It didn't, but we've already received an update so we will continue to test.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Leyna wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:27 pm Mods in testing: you stated today there were 3 maps currently in testing but only listed 2? Is Marwell Manor Farm still in testing?

Thank you for this thread
MM failed shortly before I took the snapshot for the thread. We've already received an update.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Richard Dower wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:43 pm Who's beard is more epic ?...yours or Mrsealyp's ?
yes. :D
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

saracaen wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:45 pm Why is everything that did not make it into the base game being released as a mod? There are 42 official mods already, and of those 42 around 35 are machines or maps that should have been in the base game. I realize that time would have been an issue, but I would have much preferred these machines to just be added to the base game with a patch. Instead they'll end up being neglected in the long run, because they are only mods. Same thing has happened in FS17. Sure, some critical bugs are fixed, but as the game improves these mods will be forgotten. Like the change in available wheel options that came relatively late in the life of FS17, and that was never brought over to any of the official mods. And of course the numerous bugs in the mods themselves.
The things we release right now are things that weren't ready for FS19 when we released the game. Having them as mods will allow players to get their favorite tractor (or whatever) back in the game. Patches are rare and usually gigantic in itself, so we don't really want to do that.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

livesea72 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:51 pm Is the interior gages and lighting in tractors going to get fixed?lights on tractors dashes that are luminanted but the lights are off or the tractors that have broken fuel gages like the needle on the NH t9 565 showing empty among several others I have listed in bug reports get looked at since it breaks the realisim a bit when your fuel gage is always full or empty.
Not sure tbh, but if it is noted in our Bug Forum, then it is very likely the QA team is at least aware.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Farmer Bacon wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:03 pm Hi Lisertan, are there any plans to add a control for hazard warning lights (4-way indicators) on console? There was mention on the forum that plugging a keyboard in and pressing numpad2 works. I tried it but the game disconnects the keyboard a couple of seconds after it's plugged in.
Not that I'm aware. Sorry.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

szechla wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:34 pm Mine is more of a request than a question

Size of a mods folder on consoles is very limited, GIANTS mods alone take almost 50% of this limit, and the game is only 3 months old. That way console players will quickly run out of space for mods
If those mods were bundled up and released as a DLC, it would free up a lot of space for other mods.

Do you have plans to do it (i.e. bundle up your own mods and release as a DLC for consoles)? If not, can you please do it anyway (at least Estancia Lapacho and bigger machines)? Pretty please :)
It's feedback I've seen before and passed on. No promises.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Peter Griffin wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:53 pm Since gearbox was supposed to be in drive and sound wise in the base game, is there any plans to patch it in later or is it scrapped for fs19? I was most excited for this feature.
We started working with the Modder of the FS17 Gearbox, but he recently stopped modding for personal reasons. Not sure how this continues, so no news for now. Sorry. Will update if I learn more.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Heyward83 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:59 pm Eta on Marwell Manor? I need this map!

Thanks
When it's done (boy I always wanted to post that)

In all seriousness: It's in testing already, but it needs to pass testing. The modder is working hard to get this done :) but I have no ETA
Community Manager

Heyward83

Post by Heyward83 »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:16 pm
Heyward83 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:59 pm Eta on Marwell Manor? I need this map!

Thanks
When it's done (boy I always wanted to post that)

In all seriousness: It's in testing already, but it needs to pass testing. The modder is working hard to get this done :) but I have no ETA

Haha great, thanks
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

First off, Thank You to you and everyone at Giants. I really enjoy the game.

Two questions,
1. Rey or Leia? Lol.

2. With the last patch, we got an unexpected feature in that we got terraforming. Are you at liberty to say if there may be another big game changing feature in the next patch?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:13 pm
livesea72 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:51 pm Is the interior gages and lighting in tractors going to get fixed?lights on tractors dashes that are luminanted but the lights are off or the tractors that have broken fuel gages like the needle on the NH t9 565 showing empty among several others I have listed in bug reports get looked at since it breaks the realisim a bit when your fuel gage is always full or empty.
Not sure tbh, but if it is noted in our Bug Forum, then it is very likely the QA team is at least aware.
Unfortunately they are months old without the read on them so they were passed by.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Does Giants have any plans on looking at the overall economy in game? With the amount of changes to land and placeables there looks like a disconnect between animal farming and crop farming. Crop farming was largely unchanged and works quite well on all difficulty settings. Animal farming saw reductions in outputs and increase in inputs and lags behind on higher difficulty settings. Simply changing the difficulty settings doesn't help the situation as then crop prices increase the gap.
Frick

Post by Frick »

I think, as others have pointed out, that the game has a misleading name
The sum of all unrealistic things makes it hard to like the game if you believe the title.
Why do not horses produce manure for instance?
I know what some of you will say: do not play with horses. Fair enough, but the point is why did Giants choose to do horses the way they did?
Does that live up to the name of the game?