[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Laughinggravy

Re: [FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by Laughinggravy »

Hi Lisertan, can you tell me how to change the settings to make it rain once in a while as i'm currently 150 hours in on Felsbrunn and not seen a drop yet.
drb

Post by drb »

How is Giants going to address the absolute mess that the Farming Simulator modding community is outside of the Giants Modhub? (No centralized website to find mod listings, rampant mod theft, paid mods in violation of copyright laws, etc.)

Have you considered creating a new sub-forum in the "modding" forum, designated as a place for mod authors to advertise their mods? If Giants would encourage this and lay down some rules regarding how mods may be listed (each mod gets a single thread, the title of the thread must be formatted in a particular way to easily identify what the mod contains, mod listings go only in the mod listing sub-forum, etc.), users would not have to wade through endless sketchy websites to attempt to find the original author's hosting site.

Giants would not have the manpower to test all the mods, if every mod were submitted to the Modhub. Giants needs to sanction/endorse a specific place to post the untested mods. A designated sub-forum would be ideal for this, as the end users of the mods can discuss the quality and report bugs right below the listing of the mod. Why haven't you done this Lisertan?

If you want a good example of how this sort of system works well, I encourage you to look at the Kerbal Space Program modding forum as an example. I've never seen mod theft in that community.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

FS19 was advertised as having 3 maps and the base game came with 2 with EL coming as a 'mod'. So my question is will EL ever be added as part of the game instead of taking up a large chunk of the console mod allowance either as part of a patch or a free DLC?
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

False rumor or Claas DLC ? :search: :confusednew:

Code: Select all

Farming Simulator 19\data\sounds\soundTemplates.xml
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Lis did say there would be a DLC announcement very soon
G'day
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

NateS wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:34 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:10 pm Are we seeing the finished landscaping or will there be more features added?
One thing I think lots agree on is the ability to plant grass with it.

You need a raise subjecting yourself to the punishment youll get from this thread. Good job. *thumbsup*
Thanks.
To follow up on the grass thing, maybe we can't use the landscaping tool to create field grass but we should at least be able to add mowable map grass in addition to the fake plastic flat grass we can currently place.
Exactly this.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

drb wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:38 pm Have you considered creating a new sub-forum in the "modding" forum, designated as a place for mod authors to advertise their mods?
This already exists: viewforum.php?f=952

The "WIP Mods" sub-section is intended for modders who want to show the community the mods they are currently working on (WIP = Work In Progress) and get feedback on them.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Sparky22

Post by Sparky22 »

Hi there,
I have a question regarding whether or not there will ever be the possibility of a JCB Loadall brought to the farm simulator games?

This has been something i have been looking forward to for what seems years now. Has JCB directly only licensed the Fastracs for use in the game and not the loadalls? I just can not understand why there has been no Loadall in this game yet when it is one of the most common type of telehandler on a farm today. Plus the quality of the JCB Fastrac tractors in terms of the actually 3d model and texture both the 4220 and the 8330 are really excellent . I would love to have one of the latest JCB loadall Agri pro telehandlers to go with these in the future. Thank you
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Do you, Lisertan, play FS19? (sorry to ask this, but I dont know if you play it or you are just a spokesperson who has never played FS)

Did you play / test the game before 1.0 was released? More than 1 hour? Ravenport?
Did you perform a full work on a standard field (wheat, for example)? But same jobs with the workers on a standard field?

* full work = you know: cultivate, sow, harvest; maybe weeds and spraying
* standard field = not all fields, just the first ones that we got in easy mode (ex. field no 19 in Ravenport)
Guil

Post by Guil »

Guys can we keep discussions elsewhere please? This thread will never work as intended and questions will be missed. Thanks.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:29 pm First off, Thank You to you and everyone at Giants. I really enjoy the game.

Two questions,
1. Rey or Leia? Lol.

2. With the last patch, we got an unexpected feature in that we got terraforming. Are you at liberty to say if there may be another big game changing feature in the next patch?
I own 90 different statues of Rey, what do you think? ;)

The only thing that comes to my mind is that grass will grow when you "paint" it with the new terraforming tool.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Corstaad wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:01 pm Does Giants have any plans on looking at the overall economy in game? With the amount of changes to land and placeables there looks like a disconnect between animal farming and crop farming. Crop farming was largely unchanged and works quite well on all difficulty settings. Animal farming saw reductions in outputs and increase in inputs and lags behind on higher difficulty settings. Simply changing the difficulty settings doesn't help the situation as then crop prices increase the gap.
I haven't seen that feedback too often so far. Quite interesting. WIll pass that on and see what the devs say.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

ThatBoi wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:21 pm Will there be a money cheat box in this game? Just want to know. I just use them to experiment with equipment and various mods. Please nobody get mad at me for asking.
I have been playing this game since 2009, i truly believe this is my favorite game of all time, lol.
I don't know of any plans for a money cheat box. Sorry.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Mattharv wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:22 pm I loved the live streams for the fs 19 release felt like we were connected and being awnserd any plans for more in the future mabye a weekly show talk about whats being worked on whats comming for mods awnser questions etc
Actually, that's more or less the plan. Yes. Once the Community Team has two people, we will start streaming more.
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

leonebianco24 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:19 pm :hi: Hi! Could you know if you are already working on a future expansion (DLC) for FS19?
Thank you!! :hi:
We are THAT close to announcing the first DLC ;)
Community Manager