Any news on launching Courseplay for FS 19?

gordon861

Re: Any news on launching Courseplay for FS 19?

Post by gordon861 »

Just loaded up a clean map to have a play with CoursePlay and at last I can use workers on weird shaped fields again. Thank you for your great and speedy work so far.

On thing I missed on the original version which I'm not sure it's possible, or even wanted, is the ability to start a field path with a buffer zone around the field. The reason being a lot of the after market maps cam with fence posts or trees close to the field edges, especially a problem with wider implements or front mowers as they often foul them and stop the worker. If you could offset the field edge when calculating the path inwards by a metre or two the worker could do the work and then you could clean up afterwards.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Set the worker to do a headland first gordon, and that will accomplish what you want.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

just a fyi the modded silos that require the covers open to fill do not work automatically.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:40 pm Set the worker to do a headland first gordon, and that will accomplish what you want.
No it doesn't because some of the modded maps the fields are so tight that front implements hit the post.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Heyward83

Post by Heyward83 »

I never used courseplay in 17 but just trying it with 19. When I set a field to seed it does the first row, stops then goes backwards and turns right into the next row? How do I set it so it drives off the field does a full turn and lined up for the next row? I don’t know if it’s because of the size of the seeder? As I tried it with a 3m and it done what you’d expect it to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry for pic quality taken on phone against screen.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Great timing, i just wanted to make a break from FS19 to wait for courseplay.

I just noticed i can use my previously made FS17 Estancia Lapacho courses now in FS19.
I tested few out and they are working fine.
Toys7505

Post by Toys7505 »

Heyward83 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:56 pm I never used courseplay in 17 but just trying it with 19. When I set a field to seed it does the first row, stops then goes backwards and turns right into the next row? How do I set it so it drives off the field does a full turn and lined up for the next row? I don’t know if it’s because of the size of the seeder? As I tried it with a 3m and it done what you’d expect it to do. Any help would be appreciated.
There is a setting where you tell Courseplay to not turn in the field - click that option off and it will go beyond the field edge and then turn around. If the field is irregular, I encourage you to do a couple of "headlands" first..

Toys
Heyward83

Post by Heyward83 »

Toys7505 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:24 pm
Heyward83 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:56 pm I never used courseplay in 17 but just trying it with 19. When I set a field to seed it does the first row, stops then goes backwards and turns right into the next row? How do I set it so it drives off the field does a full turn and lined up for the next row? I don’t know if it’s because of the size of the seeder? As I tried it with a 3m and it done what you’d expect it to do. Any help would be appreciated.
There is a setting where you tell Courseplay to not turn in the field - click that option off and it will go beyond the field edge and then turn around. If the field is irregular, I encourage you to do a couple of "headlands" first..

Toys
Thank you mate, that done it
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:02 pm
gordon861 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:30 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:40 pm Set the worker to do a headland first gordon, and that will accomplish what you want.
No it doesn't because some of the modded maps the fields are so tight that front implements hit the post.
You should be able to do multiple headlands to give yourself room. In 17 you could set it for up to 6 i think
No some field boundary are so tight to the field edge that the front mowers crash into the edges when it turns whilst following the edge.
--------------
svkb

Post by svkb »

Very sad, when I put courseplay beta in my mods folder and then try and load a map it just sits there loading endlessly but never actually gets anywhere. Going to see if it's a mod conflict.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I'm having a problem trying to use mode 2 to empty the combine. It says wrong trailer for this mode
drb

Post by drb »

svkb wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 pm Very sad, when I put courseplay beta in my mods folder and then try and load a map it just sits there loading endlessly but never actually gets anywhere. Going to see if it's a mod conflict.
Unzip the folder you downloaded, and open it. If there is only a single folder inside, open the folder to reveal a long list of files. Select all of those files and zip them into a folder. Take the newly zipped folder and put it in the mods folder.

Your file structure probably looks like: Courseplay.zip->Courseplay->bunch of files. When it should be: Courseplay.zip->bunch of files.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:20 am I'm having a problem trying to use mode 2 to empty the combine. It says wrong trailer for this mode
What trailer are you using?

Mod files don't need to be zipped, you can just keep a folder there for every mod.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I always unzip my mods for ease of any changes.
It seems that all in game trailers work fine but none of my modded ones.....hmmmm 🤔
svkb

Post by svkb »

drb wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:03 am
svkb wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 pm Very sad, when I put courseplay beta in my mods folder and then try and load a map it just sits there loading endlessly but never actually gets anywhere. Going to see if it's a mod conflict.
Unzip the folder you downloaded, and open it. If there is only a single folder inside, open the folder to reveal a long list of files. Select all of those files and zip them into a folder. Take the newly zipped folder and put it in the mods folder.

Your file structure probably looks like: Courseplay.zip->Courseplay->bunch of files. When it should be: Courseplay.zip->bunch of files.
It was a mod conflict as I suspected.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super