A sudden change from Giants?

redglasses

A sudden change from Giants?

Post by redglasses »

Are giants now allowing their own models to be changed then put up on the mod hub? It seems this way. With the fendt 1000 released and a jd 6m being tested right now.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
livesea72

Re: A sudden change from Giants?

Post by livesea72 »

I thought thier policy was you could alter it IF you changed it enough? They didn't want thier model with just a differet paint job as an example. Different tier options opening doors,windows, updated grill and models could be considered a big enough change.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

The same thing happened a lot for FS17.
Everything that isn't locked away can be modded/edited and uploaded, afaik.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
szechla

Post by szechla »

i dont think its their model
i believe this fendt was made from scratch by the modder for FS17 and now just converted for FS19
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

szechla wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:56 pm i dont think its their model
i believe this fendt was made from scratch by the modder for FS17 and now just converted for FS19
Giants has a Fendt 1000 that was in the base game. My hopes are obviously they will allow it! The new Fendt is awesome and shows what modders can do to these machines on the game...even for us boring console players lol Keep it up Giants! Hope the JD get the American version *thumbsup*
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I believe there is different versions of the 6m, not sure though same with the enviro
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I too am slightly puzzled why they would test and release a mod that already exists in the base game. I'm struggling to see what can be done to the John Deere 6M to make it radically different from the one Giants have already given us. Generally all modders change are Engine Power options and Tyre Options when they tinker with the existing vehicles. Hardly seems worth re-uploading and testing for that purpose. The only thing I felt missing from 6M we already have in game is the ability to attach a front weight, if you've taken it with the Front Loader option. (I want to attach a weight to the front of the tractor to balance it when using a fertiliser sprayer on the rear. As the 6M seems to be the only John Deere in game that can be fitted with skinny wheels that don't destroy crops.)
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:52 pm I too am slightly puzzled why they would test and release a mod that already exists in the base game.
As has been stated in many threads, in fairness to the modders, giants test mods in the order that they are submitted.

If they were to pick and choose which to do it would inevitably disappoint the modders who could then stop producing mods.

If giants don’t test the mods, the modders don’t know if they are doing right or wrong.

You never know, they may be making a 3m plough or another front weight to test that they are doing things right, then could easily move on to exactly the mod that you have been waiting for 👍🏼
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Rasping Rabbit you miss my point, Giants have already made and included the John Deere 6M Tractor in game, so why are they allowing some Modder to tweak it and re-upload it to the ModHub? They never used to allow this editing and re-uploading of their content. This sets a precedence where you could have hundreds of people submitting their own personal tweaks and changes to vehicles that already exist in the game if they disagree with something about the original vehicle that Giants made. Look at a Modder like Stevie that's released a lot of alterations to the base game vehicles and tools/equipment. What if he uploaded all those now to the ModHub? You'd effectively duplicate every vehicle in game just from Stevie, and make all the vanilla default vehicles complete pointless as all of Stevie's are a massive improvement.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

Maybe its a different version on the 6M tractor, its a fairly large family of tractors, maybe its a ground up model not a edit of the giants model.
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

the fendt was re done in maya the new one on modhub its a very very good mod
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Hey, if it means we get more choices, I'm all for anything Giants wants to allow.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

@cwattyeso If you want to know what kind of things can be done to 'standard' tractors, check out FS17 mods. There are loads of standard vehicles modded for the older games that are changed so much that you can't always compare them anymore.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Shuffy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:25 pm the fendt was re done in maya the new one on modhub its a very very good mod
I agree. Just bought myself the challenger 1050, wide Michelin tyres. Looks awesome. Especially with the matching challenger front weight on it.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya that model is great. Same functions as the one in fs17. Looks just as good as the in game one. I wonder what that 6m will be like.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer