[FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Derekrw02

Re: [FS19] Ask Lisertan ( Questions and answers)

Post by Derekrw02 »

Hello,
Do you know why Giants opted not to include seasons in the base game. I only ask because it is a big deal for a what seems like a lot of the community and real life farming literally revolves around the changing seasons.
p.s
we know how busy you are thanks a lot for opening the thread for questions we appreciate it.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Derekrw02 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:48 am Hello,
Do you know why Giants opted not to include seasons in the base game. I only ask because it is a big deal for a what seems like a lot of the community and real life farming literally revolves around the changing seasons.
p.s
we know how busy you are thanks a lot for opening the thread for questions we appreciate it.
It was answered already, because it was too late to implement it to FS19, game was already half done and seasons could not be implemented anymore.
racefanB1

Post by racefanB1 »

Hello Lisertan
I know i have heard on forums here that you are restricted on counsel on how big the maps can be and with the slot count. I have played GTA V and Red Dead 2 from Rockstar and those 2 maps are hugh and you can have so many things in them. Im just wondering why can they so big and FS for counsel is restricted.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

^^ohoh
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Bluepal1256

Post by Bluepal1256 »

Hey Lisertan! I was wondering why there is no realistic beacon option on consoles. I would assume that it is a graphical hitch of some kind with consoles, but I was able to play FS17 on my laptop (which is NOT a gaming machine :lol: ) at medium settings at 1080p with the realistic beacon option on, and the beacons never affected the framerate/performance. However, I understand that the architecture of consoles is very different from that of PCs/Macs and sometimes silly things cause issues. I'm just curious as it would be cool to see realistic beacons on console. Thanks!
Derekrw02

Post by Derekrw02 »

IceUul wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:05 am
p.s
It was answered already, because it was too late to implement it to FS19, game was already half done and seasons could not be implemented anymore.
My understanding is Giants has been doing this game since 2008, so it never once occurred to them in 10 plus years that seasons might be a good idea? Not trying to start an argument but I would like a no BS answer
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Well it's guna be a while for seasons
Guil

Post by Guil »

Derekrw02 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:12 am
IceUul wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:05 am
p.s
My understanding is Giants has been doing this game since 2008, so it never once occurred to them in 10 plus years that seasons might be a good idea? Not trying to start an argument but I would like a no BS answer
That is the no 'bs' as you put it, answer. Giants have been making FS since 08 but it's not the same game in any shape or form. Regardless of what you accept or want to believe, seasons was announced after FS19 was well into development.
Demolder

Post by Demolder »

Question, I have see that we have a daily repair cost on our machines and the repairs we doing by us selves is that not a double cost we do on our machines?, if so is there no way you that can cancel the daily cost of our machines ?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

There are no daily repair costs for the machines.
You might have confused with the property maintinance.
Thats a daily cost charged at midnight.
PS5 / FS22
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

racefanB1 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:20 am Hello Lisertan
I know i have heard on forums here that you are restricted on counsel on how big the maps can be and with the slot count. I have played GTA V and Red Dead 2 from Rockstar and those 2 maps are hugh and you can have so many things in them. Im just wondering why can they so big and FS for counsel is restricted.
Those games only render stuff you see where the Giants game tenders everything at once making it more taxing on the hardware and engine.example you go into a town in rdr2 as you get close to people they are animated and you see them going about there lives.in FS games everything is going at once it may be less details but the people are walking and cars are driving and train is moving across the map all at once.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

I was mistaken on it before too but everything is in memory all the time. It's rendered as you get near it.
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

You will add the game greenhouse, solar panels, windmills ..?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Solar panels are already in the modhub
Roger13r

Post by Roger13r »

matejcro wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:22 pm You will add the game greenhouse, solar panels, windmills ..?
We have solar panels! Just have to wait for windmill and green houses. Someone will mod them.

I have a Q... On the small and big pig pens. I see solar panels on the roof of the two buildings. Is it possible we can get some type of update to start earning money from these panels?