Is it possible to change FIRST to THIRD person perspective?

tecto

Is it possible to change FIRST to THIRD person perspective?

Post by tecto »

Is it possible to change first to third person perspective to see the farmer like in e. g. Pure Farming?
Is there any mod to do that?
Husqvarna TS 352

Re: Is it possible to change FIRST to THIRD person perspective?

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

No. And there is no mod for it as far as I know
G'day
NateS

Post by NateS »

Also crazy that your body is invisible with the in cab view... wth is that all about?
PC & PS4
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Maybe they didn’t like the way it looked when they put it in? It is kind of an awkward position tbh.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
pingu

Post by pingu »

Other games (like some racing games) show your hands and feet when driving. But then they also follow some of the more important stuff you do while playing: accelerating, breaking, changing gears, pushing some buttons on the steering wheel. Which is often all you can do. And while playing racing game you often have both your hands on the wheel. So it's easy to implement and get right. If FS would have this, they need to implement these motions as well - otherwise I think it will look strange. But where the controls are in a machine differs between tractors, combines, etc. So a lot to implement. And often you only have one hand on the wheel and the other on the controls by the side. And if your real hand is there preparing to press some button on some gaming device while the screen shows both your hands on the wheel... Probably looks weird. There are probably more important stuff GIANTS could spend their time on.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
tecto

Post by tecto »

Generally I meant third person perspective - only when you are outside of the vehicle.
I like the way how it's done in Pure Farming (screenshot below).
It shows the farmer's "body" when you're e.g. walking into the vehicle.
It's cool since you have some more size reference to feel how big the tractor or combine is in real.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

So, let me get this straight. You want to modify your avatar, and see it in game as well? What a novel idea.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
NateS

Post by NateS »

Sorry if I made this get a bit off topic. That pic looks great! I would love to see my character while walking around, or have the option to anyway.
PC & PS4
tecto

Post by tecto »

Yes I would love to have a choice between FPP and TPP. Hope to see it soon in game... ;)
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

This thread is vaguely related to my suggestion, so here goes.

I'd like to see more Picture In Picture views, headcanon that you have a GoPro set up on various points of the tractor/equipment. A lot of the time the third person view is needed because you need to see side on how high your pallet forks are then rotate the view to see you are lined up (though that latter can be done in-cab). So I'd like to see, like with the map, a cam view openable in the corner (or corners for multiple ongoing cameras) that shows a camera view on the front-bottom of the tractor, or top-back looking down, or on the left/right edge of the harvester header, etc. so that you can stay in-cab but still get some situational awareness that you cannot currently get.

Heck, have camera positions settable by the user so they can determine where to look, though that brings in how to allow that setup to change based on vehicle, so maybe just change the pointing slightly from some equipment-defined points.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

NateS wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:40 pm Sorry if I made this get a bit off topic. That pic looks great! I would love to see my character while walking around, or have the option to anyway.
Careful what you wish for, Forza Horizon went down that dark path, and now most of the game's content seems to be different skirts,boots, and hats, rather than racing and driving.
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

It should be possible since in MP you see the other characters walking around.
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

tecto wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:25 pm Generally I meant third person perspective - only when you are outside of the vehicle.
I like the way how it's done in Pure Farming (screenshot below).
It shows the farmer's "body" when you're e.g. walking into the vehicle.
It's cool since you have some more size reference to feel how big the tractor or combine is in real.
Don't know about that shirt though tecto...🙀😹
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61