Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

redglasses

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by redglasses »

Rahkiin wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:39 pm
redglasses wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:22 pm
Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:04 pm You'll be pleased with what we have made the last couple of weeks
I'm confused, are you working on the game or seasons? I thought giants hired you?
Both :)
Alright lol
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Michael5941 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:45 am
eric21 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:30 am Did u not use the 3 day seasons?
I have no clue if you're replying to me but just in case I'll answer. Yes I've used every option but it still feels too slow to get any good progress with a 2hr schedule, if you're able to get progress in 2hrs please share any tips as I would love to play with seasons the way it's meant to be played :smileynew:. I've played 3day seasons and set timescale to 15x and even at all that I'm lucky to get 3 harvests in before I got to get off
Sounds like Seasons isn’t for you. It’s definitely not designed to go through 3 harvests in a 2 hour time frame. You could try working more land and enjoying completing a task each 2 hours (cultivating, fertilizing, seeding, etc)
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:54 am
Michael5941 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:45 am
eric21 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:30 am Did u not use the 3 day seasons?
I have no clue if you're replying to me but just in case I'll answer. Yes I've used every option but it still feels too slow to get any good progress with a 2hr schedule, if you're able to get progress in 2hrs please share any tips as I would love to play with seasons the way it's meant to be played :smileynew:. I've played 3day seasons and set timescale to 15x and even at all that I'm lucky to get 3 harvests in before I got to get off
Sounds like Seasons isn’t for you. It’s definitely not designed to go through 3 harvests in a 2 hour time frame. You could try working more land and enjoying completing a task each 2 hours (cultivating, fertilizing, seeding, etc)
No if I had the time seasons would defiantly be for me as I love the realism it brings and I'm a fan of grindy games, season adds both but it a little too slow from most grindy games I've played in the past. Eventually I'll be able to fully play with seasons as I'll have my own ps4 allowing me to play longer than 2hrs
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

24 day seasons for me in FS17, am hoping there's a 30 day option in this version... (hint, hint) :biggrin2:

edit: spelling
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

24 day Seasons! That was a bit too long for me, played TVTOF on hard and didn’t own enough land to need more than 6 days per season, skipped most of the winter but loved the rest of the year. I miss seasons a lot
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

@michael5941
U have a luxury problem! Playing for 2h daily is way more than me. If Im on a weekday is able to fill my loading wagon twice with soybeans Im happy. And during the weekend Im doing one complete harvest and sowing-sycle. Anyways I can(t) wait until seasons is ready! Loving it! (Next FS wouldnt be bought before I know what features actually in there.)
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:46 am @michael5941
U have a luxury problem! Playing for 2h daily is way more than me. If Im on a weekday is able to fill my loading wagon twice with soybeans Im happy. And during the weekend Im doing one complete harvest and sowing-sycle. Anyways I can(t) wait until seasons is ready! Loving it! (Next FS wouldnt be bought before I know what features actually in there.)
So you play less than 2hrs and you are able to make decent progress? May I ask what your setup is, as if I implemented it I could vary well do that +Some, also don't know what you mean by luxury problem.
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
anthu

Post by anthu »

I think seasons is not made for playing with time scale.
I played seasons, FS17, with 3 day setting (Edit: 9 day seasonlenght) and realtime.
I beginn the work in the morning, to all what shall do this day and then i set up fastspeed to the next day.
Enougt time for all to to and not stressing me.
Really relaxing game.
Lg
Andreas
Last edited by anthu on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Michael5941 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:59 am

So you play less than 2hrs and you are able to make decent progress? May I ask what your setup is, as if I implemented it I could vary well do that +Some, also don't know what you mean by luxury problem.
A luxury problem is a problem that really isnt a problem :-)

And I think u misread my post regarding progress. Filling my trailer with 12000 of soybeans twice a week isnt much of a progress, but I dont care. I enjoy playing this way anyhow. I think I have harvested my fields about 12 times (7,3acres) in total, bringing my net worth from the starting €500 000,- and up to about €700 000. Since the value of all my aquipment is almost gone :-D
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
sabalero

Post by sabalero »

Please, this is offtopic. I just wanna hear about new Information :)
PS4 | Germany
Realistic- CropRotation - Seasons
JD92

Post by JD92 »

I hope that with seasons you can really see the weather changes .. I mean .. there is never cloudy .. if you notice there is only a lightening of the light, the shadows are there, the materials reflect the light .. there is never cloudy as in fs17 where instead you understood that it was clouding .. it only clouds when it rains, so much that it seems that a hurricane arrives .. I hope that the seasons o a patch adjust this thing.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Please continue to post info on how you play with Seasons. I'm sure it can help others. Especially combinations of season length and game speed are of interest. We have usually not recommended to play at 1x, but at higher speeds, but if 3 day seasons at 1x works well why not.

There will be a lot of changes to weather in the new version of Seasons. And I can promise a lot more variation than vanilla :) It will still be possible to make custom GEOs for your own preference. I'lll write a tutorial later on how a weather.xml can be put together based on freely available weather data.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:39 am
Michael5941 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:59 am

A luxury problem is a problem that really isnt a problem :-)

And I think u misread my post regarding progress. Filling my trailer with 12000 of soybeans twice a week isnt much of a progress, but I dont care. I enjoy playing this way anyhow. I think I have harvested my fields about 12 times (7,3acres) in total, bringing my net worth from the starting €500 000,- and up to about €700 000. Since the value of all my aquipment is almost gone :-D
Ah lol.
hmm maybe I'm not getting fulfillment out of season due to that lack of progress. I'm so used to playing without seasons that I can harvest the next, in game, day after planting. I'm so used to that arcade fast farming that the vanilla game brings that I'm not getting any fulfillment out of the slow paste realistic (as possible) farming that seasons brings. So maybe if I jump in and remind myself that it isn't going to be as fast as the vanilla game, maybe then I can get the satisfaction I do out of the arcade style of farming simulator, as I enjoy the mix of realism and arcade, realism because immersion, arcade because of relaxation, seems I've played too much of the arcade side that I've basically brainwashed myself into enjoying the arcade side of farming simulator more than the realistic side, maybe I can reverse it if I just play with seasons a bunch, instead of playing 30mins with seasons then switching to a map without seasons and playing the rest of my time there. Maybe if I play my full 2hrs with seasons and for more than a week before completely giving up on it, maybe then I will get the same satisfaction that I do with the game without seasons.

I hope that all made sense but I definitely think I figured out why I'm not enjoying the game with seasons as much as I am without it, it has nothing to do with time it's more to do with what I'm used to if that makes sense *thumbsup*
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Thrilled to see that seasons is moving forward. I've found the game quite lacking without it so far. I play it casually here and there, but never any longer than an hour or two. Can't wait to see what you guys do with it this time around.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 »

Really looking forward to Seasons on 19, thanks guys for all the hard work!! I usually play with Seasons set to 9 or 12 day seasons with time set to 5x. But I to only play for about an hour or two a day and very realisticaly, I know that is slower pace but that's what I like. For me with Seasons and the amount of time I play a day and 9 day seasons, a full year may take me a couple of months or more real life time to complete. For me in FS-17 I farmed 6 fields with Seasons mod on Lone Oak Farms map (started when it first dropped to Modhub) and only had one full plant to harvest year before switching to FS-19. Still play FS-17 from time to time after buying FS-19 and just sold all my crops at a good price and bought another field and looking at starting to purchase pigs for a little diversity. Once Seasons for 19 drops and I find a good map that I really enjoy, I will probably stick to FS-19 and that one map until FS-21 comes out. But that's what I enjoy, in real life once you purchase land or an entire farm you're going to remain on that farm for at least a few years or the rest of your life, not switch from farm to farm. The new contract system, Lime addition, and new weed system, are the three main things that turned me on to FS-19. It allows for extra work to do while my crops are still growing, allowing me to run the game at a slower pace. Just waiting on Seasons to make it even better, Thanks again guys!!
Last edited by BrandonD01 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy