Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Michael5941

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by Michael5941 »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:11 pm Just a quick one for anyone who'll listen. When I play seasons (9 days @ 15x, skipping most nights) I find that the finance tab's ability to only display the last four days income, overheads and profit information really basic.

!Warning nerd alert! 😹I keep a folder with detailed information on EVERYTHING from weather and soil temps to accurate figures on wages and profit/loss statements on my harvests each year. I used a pre-line ruled page for each week detailing the profit and/or loss of my farming business. I use a pen and calculator as I'm a Gen X nerd.

At the end of the seasons year (4x9 days) I prepare a yearly summary and can see where my money went and where it came from. For example, I realised the solid/liquid fertiliser was costing a huge amount. I used oil seed, slurry and manure the next year to boost my bottom line.

Crazy I know, but maybe a bit more detailed financial section in the new seasons mod would be cool. I think so anyway!😸
Most real farmers keep financial records as well because farming is just as much a business as Google so they have to keep track of profits/losses so every farmer is somewhat of a "nerd" lol some may not like the math involved though because math is mental abuse.. well at least for me lol
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
crash

Post by crash »

I cant play fs witout a postit block and a pen on hand:P Just keeping track of Field sizes, yields, estimating Income etc. Anyone heard anything from thundR75 on the unit convert mod?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

^^Great to hear!!!😸^^
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

For me, when I was playing Seasons in FS17, I was playing 3 days per seasons (x1) , because one day equals one month.

When Seasons arrive in FS19, I wont use pen,paper, ruler etc. I will place my laptop next to my gaming pc and with the laptop I will run Manager.io which is a free accounting software for small business :)

I am not sure if I will printing invoices :)
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

The.EuroFarmer wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:26 pm For me, when I was playing Seasons in FS17, I was playing 3 days per seasons (x1) , because one day equals one month.

When Seasons arrive in FS19, I wont use pen,paper, ruler etc. I will place my laptop next to my gaming pc and with the laptop I will run Manager.io which is a free accounting software for small business :)

I am not sure if I will printing invoices :)
Lol😹 see I tried that, it's just not the same as good old fashioned pen and paper (I'm actually 31 not 91 believe it or not..).

I tried excel but not an accounting ap. That might be a good idea actually, I'll defiantly look into, cheers EuroFarmer!!
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I only started FS with FS17 but one thing I always thought was missing from the game was some form of log/diary.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
SwoopGB

Post by SwoopGB »

IRL I'm a VBA developer.....I create MI solutions in Access and Excel. So..... Yep, for 17 I created a farm sim tracker that drew me graphs of field yields and livestock growth and return, labour costs, year on year comparisons, etc, etc, etc.

However, what I found after a while was that it's so much of a ballache filling in every little transaction, weather, etc....that the effort wasn't worth it. If, however, some awesome modder could do the same in game then I'd definitely buy that man a pint.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Good lood, ya'll... and, here. I was just worried whether or not my seeds were going to go into the ground in time. Or, if I could get the harvesters ran before the rain came. :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

SwoopGB wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 am IRL I'm a VBA developer.....I create MI solutions in Access and Excel. So..... Yep, for 17 I created a farm sim tracker that drew me graphs of field yields and livestock growth and return, labour costs, year on year comparisons, etc, etc, etc.

However, what I found after a while was that it's so much of a ballache filling in every little transaction, weather, etc....that the effort wasn't worth it. If, however, some awesome modder could do the same in game then I'd definitely buy that man a pint.
Considering the amount of data generated within this game I do find it odd that there hasn't been any talk of including a means to export the data from the game directly. This is probably a direct result of how well this game sells on console, why spend any energy producing a system that half your playerbase cannot use.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I got as far as reading the field sizes out of the map i3d to calculate seed and fertiliser requirements and then making a job list so that I didn't miss a top dressing and to keep my crop rotation working out, and a diary to support the backstory. My wife already knows I'm a geek ;)

There's a lot of information in the savegame xml files, it wouldn't be too hard to observe when the files change and grab the historic data... but I'm still playing FS17 until Seasons 19 so not much point putting the effort in yet.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
JD92

Post by JD92 »

Seasons coming on march 19th
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^... says who?
PS5 / FS22
JD92

Post by JD92 »