Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

reallogger

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by reallogger »

Impossible to comment on when it will be released. Sorry, but it will be released as soon as it is ready.

Thanks to everyone who has posted about gamespeed, season length and playstyle. Very interesting to read what has worked. It is difficult to change the fast that there is less to do during wintertime than other seasons. It is just how it is for many farmers. Except those who have to care for animals several times a day or busy in the forest.

It seems as there is no one unique way of playing with Seasons that would work for everyone. But in general it seems as having higher game speed (and not too long season length) is the way to go for reducing downtime. Playing 9 day seasons with 1x game speed will on the other hand lead to long periods at the end of each season waiting at 120x for the next seasons (to get smth more to do). I've always thought it would be better to increase season length than reducing game speed if you wanted more time.

Have not played 19 more than a couple of hours, but in 17 I had one save going. With Seasons :) I always liked the feeling of days passing and used 9 day either at 5x or 15x depending on how much work there was. I never went to 1x even if that meant I lost some crops. At 5x I always had the challenge and satisfaction to do work more efficiently as the farm grew with more animals and more fields.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I mean I get that you can't say when it's coming, but a guy dreamed was coming March 19th and that's my birthday so it's kind of been written in the stars. In all seriousness though thanks for popping in and out of this thread it's always interesting to read posts from you guys and it helps to pass the time.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Thanks for posting, it's heartening to know that you, as in Realimus, are reading the thread. If there's anything you want, anything at all that could/would help, please let us know.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

I would play British maps usually, and I would use the creator tools money cheat to sell all the starting machines and buy a full new fleet how ever I wanted as I would mostly use modded equipment. I would also buy as many fields I thought would be realistic. I would then set my seasons length to 9 or 12 days, and if I owned enough land and had the right size machines, I would remain busy all the time at x5 speed until it came to winter when I would feed my animals everyday then skip time if I did not feel like forestry, or did not have grain to sell.

I don't understand why people want a shorter winter when it is so easy to skip time :lol:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

For me 3 day seasons lengths with 5x time works really well, I guess you could say I don't have much patience :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Playing 9 days @ 5x here.

Hope you will be able to bring some Winter mission! But i'm sure that will be a challenge.

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

A logging mission would be cool.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

reallogger wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 pmI always liked the feeling of days passing and used 9 day either at 5x or 15x depending on how much work there was. I never went to 1x even if that meant I lost some crops. At 5x I always had the challenge and satisfaction to do work more efficiently as the farm grew with more animals and more fields.
I think time speed mostly depends on how many hrs you play the same game save.
For example, if you have just started a new save and if you haven't cheated anyhing then you basically have a couple of small fields and no animals. 1x in any season length won't work in here.
But if you are 300 hrs in then 1x even in a 9 day season length would probably be not enough.
So, what I do is I adjust the time speed and season length gradually on my way through the years.
This way I never felt bored with seasons. In fact every year was different than the previous one for me.
After seasons released for FS17 I didn't play even a single save without it. And I will do the same on FS19 too.
You add logic, reality, and intelligence to this game with seasons.
As I always said. Seasons is the missing half of farming simulator. Without it, this game will never be complete.
I just hope Giants will never try to do the seasons on their own and turst it to your experience in every iteration of the game. Thank you for creating the best mod for this game :hi:
PS5 / FS22
catfan1212

Post by catfan1212 »

realismus it would be so cool if when it snows the snow would pile up on the tractor
farming on ps4 :biggrin2:
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Will some of the new weather effects include storms? Like if we actually could have sever weather like strong winds and hail that would be awesome! Especially if we could see the crops blowing or getting flattened and if hail made them patchier and damagedand ut actually affected yield. If there was frost that could kill sprouting crops and require them to be replanted would be awesome too!
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Henk D.

Post by Henk D. »

We need as a winter mission, to shuffled the roads free from snow with a snowplow.
Irl many farmers assist with this work.
I love Lossberg on ps4. *thumbsup* :hi:
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

On West Coast and Lone Oak I was playing 6 day seasons mostly at 5x. The odd jump to 120x after tending the animals in the winter time.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:17 pm Hope you will be able to bring some Winter mission! But i'm sure that will be a challenge.
Winter missions should require you to clear the local highway of snow, and have you dump the snow in a yard or on your won land. The completion would have to be dependent on the % roadway area cleared, but this might need a mask setup for the roadway.

You could also have a mission to salt the roads when the temp gets low.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

gordon861 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:05 pm ... You could also have a mission to salt the roads when the temp gets low.

Oh, thank you to remind me ... here we go:

- will there be ICE on the streets? (the snow in FS17 was amazing, sometimes more or less, sometimes belongs to the wind or buildings...)

- will the lakes and rivers become ICE to drive over them?
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I admit that I have mostly played seasons for testing purposes. However I did like 9 day seasons as it allows you to move quickly from season to season, yet still feel like you had things to do. But most of my games were with my MN geo and those I played at 24 day seasons to test weather and just cause I’m a cold and snow lover, I guess you have to be to live here... Anyway I played a lot of Lone Oak, but went really big, owning most of the middle portion of the map and raising cows and pigs, so even with 24 day and running 5-15x speed I had plenty of stuff to do. I want to say I was working somewhere in the ballpark of 150-200 Ha and I did it all myself, no hired workers. On the grasswork end I round baled and loaded all manually, hauled to storage then put up manually. I have a spreadsheet with game info so I can plan out how much seed, fertilizer and such to buy, loading manually in off season and hauling to storage and putting up. So I spend a lot of time on a front loader.