1.3 beta. Nice job Giants

DirtyDeere

Re: 1.3 beta. Nice job Giants

Post by DirtyDeere »

The last update (1.2) helped the sound a lot. I never play with the in cab view and being zoomed out and having the sound fade off was frustrating - you can hear a dog bark and birds chirp in the distance over a tractor that’s roughly 75-feet away at wide open throttle plowing a field.

If there was an option to disable the dynamic/distance sound it would be helpful.
PS4
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:58 am For me the sound "issues" are worse on certain tractors it seems. The middle JD is painful to listen to with a constant underlying whistle which gets worse when using a PTO driven implement. I've tried a few others and found ones I'm happy with now though, could still do with more base to the sound which seems like what they have done reading posts on here.
I play on mac so no patch as yet, but If that is the 6R then I agree I won't use it as it sounds terrible. They are a couple of Case mods whish sound really good.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Doesn't Giants record the sounds of the real machines? I know there are a lot of machines in the game, but surely most of them could be recorded given how long these games are in development.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I just tested it out and seems, ... most of the annoying things are fixed.

I can confirm, that sounds are much better now.
- zooming out does not take the sound so low anymore that you cannot hear the tractor
- equipment sounds are more realistic now
- inside cabin view the sound has more lows, more weight. Much better.
- i did not have any complains about engine RPM-s going up before, but i have feeling this is also improved.

Also to notice that they have changed the camera height inside view, so height + sounds make it really much more enjoyable for me to play inside
cabin view. Might even consider buying a wheel now.

Also three most bigger planters seems to be fixed for now. They had problems with fillings.

Only complaint so far is that older model tractors has too good cabin sound isolation, they sound is on same volume like newer model expensive stuff. Sorry but this one is not real at all!

I did not have time to check for most of the bugs, i am expecting full change log from Giants after patch 1.3 full release.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Riven326 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:38 pm Doesn't Giants record the sounds of the real machines? I know there are a lot of machines in the game, but surely most of them could be recorded given how long these games are in development.
I think most of them if not all of them are recorded.
They even made a video about how they do that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZqS0vDF_ls

They said they even record the older tractors sound. They have mentioned it before how it works.
If they want to add one older Massey Ferguson tractor for example, first they need to make a license agreement with owner
of the MF license which would be AGCO. Then they get the blueprints (CAD drawings), if available. Then they need to find
a tractor somewhere to make photos and sound recording. The reason you do not see enough older stuff inside the game is that
Giants wants to hold the same quality of they stuff they make, so they need blueprints for correct measurements, sound recordings for sound and
photos for textures.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

How about the horns? Any changes to those? All the tractors still sound the same, and the trucks still to quiet?
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
BradM73

Post by BradM73 »

Most of the Beta patch is fine, though gamepad steering is majorly borked. I use an Xbox 360 controller for driving most of the time, and in Beta 1.3, the steering is incredibly sensitive. Just barely turning left or right with the left thumbpad will cause tractors and semis to almost completely turn left or right. Steering on semi trucks is also incredibly sensitive now, almost to the point of being unplayable. The only option is to turn down turn speed, but this also affects the turn speed for keyboard controls (keyboard controls are fine). It's like there needs to be a way to separate gamepad sensitivity from keyboard sensitivity. If there is such a way, please let me know.
Check out all my farming videos on Youtube and SUBSCRIBE at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BradM73
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

One visual update I would like to see is the texture for the tracked vehicles. Right now it's literally just a flat 2D texture that kind of looks 3D if you're far enough away.

But if you look at it straight on, like from the side of the machine oh, you can see that it's just flat. The ridges or not 3D unlike the regular tires on every other vehicle. It makes driving tracked Vehicles a little less fun at least to look at.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

When performing harvesting contracts, It appears you get to keep more of the crop. Once you get the contract complete, any crop left over in the trailer or on the field is yours. In 1.2, the average range would be 2,000l to 7,000l.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

BradM73 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 pm Most of the Beta patch is fine, though gamepad steering is majorly borked. I use an Xbox 360 controller for driving most of the time, and in Beta 1.3, the steering is incredibly sensitive. Just barely turning left or right with the left thumbpad will cause tractors and semis to almost completely turn left or right. Steering on semi trucks is also incredibly sensitive now, almost to the point of being unplayable. The only option is to turn down turn speed, but this also affects the turn speed for keyboard controls (keyboard controls are fine). It's like there needs to be a way to separate gamepad sensitivity from keyboard sensitivity. If there is such a way, please let me know.
I find it hard to believe they could've messed up steering with a controller any worse than it is now (1.2)
On xbox it's nearly impossible to steer anything at more than 25-30 kph, the lightest tap is a u-turn. (i.e. flipping over the tractor)
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

GrimGandalf wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm How about the horns? Any changes to those? All the tractors still sound the same, and the trucks still to quiet?
Trucks are same noisy like tractors, man, tatra and lizard trucks have different voices, but inside cabin they are same loud.
Sorry to say, but the horns seem same, never used them, but they use different horns for trucks, but tractor horns
are all same, just different tone.
nkstyle

Post by nkstyle »

BradM73 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 pm Most of the Beta patch is fine, though gamepad steering is majorly borked. I use an Xbox 360 controller for driving most of the time, and in Beta 1.3, the steering is incredibly sensitive. Just barely turning left or right with the left thumbpad will cause tractors and semis to almost completely turn left or right. Steering on semi trucks is also incredibly sensitive now, almost to the point of being unplayable. The only option is to turn down turn speed, but this also affects the turn speed for keyboard controls (keyboard controls are fine). It's like there needs to be a way to separate gamepad sensitivity from keyboard sensitivity. If there is such a way, please let me know.
I have that controller to.
Go to the settings in game and you will find steering sensitive .
Im put sets to 50% but will be very good if we can push this settings below 50%
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

IceUul wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:51 pm

I can confirm, that sounds are much better now.
- zooming out does not take the sound so low anymore that you cannot hear the tractor
- equipment sounds are more realistic now
- inside cabin view the sound has more lows, more weight. Much better.
- i did not have any complains about engine RPM-s going up before, but i have feeling this is also improved.

This is great news as they were the issues that were ruining 19 for me *thumbsup*

On the downside I play on Mac as there is no sign of a patch for us yet :frown:
MattFendt939

Post by MattFendt939 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:02 pm
Ritchie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:58 am For me the sound "issues" are worse on certain tractors it seems. The middle JD is painful to listen to with a constant underlying whistle which gets worse when using a PTO driven implement. I've tried a few others and found ones I'm happy with now though, could still do with more base to the sound which seems like what they have done reading posts on here.
I play on mac so no patch as yet, but If that is the 6R then I agree I won't use it as it sounds terrible. They are a couple of Case mods whish sound really good.
The worst one I've found so far is the 7R. The noise is getting on for being unbearable, I had to stop using it. The Fendt 7 series sound weird too.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

There is not much improvement in the sound issue, don`t be too euphoric...