Can we have Blank template maps, for Consoles ?

Airborne82nd

Can we have Blank template maps, for Consoles ?

Post by Airborne82nd »

It seems we're in a predicament of sorts, or modders that may have decided to call it quits, or a game that seems to have so much diversity in what we may expect from the game. All of us seem to want seemingly different things.

Some want mom and pop small maps. Some made for lumberjackers. Some made for cattle farmers. Some wanting pitcturesque landscapes in the Swiss Alps, and some of us wanting flat midwestern Iowa or Kansas like maps who are grain farmers.

Seemingly, it has to be tough for Giants.

And giving what's seemingly a more American and Console based base of this game, with the John Deere additions...and record sales, console players may want...more maps they may want to play, but modders will not, or cannot create them, as Giants seemingly must make all these types of farmers happy, causing a mountainous claustrophobic mess...as we have seen on Ravenport.

It's just not working. Here's a possible solution.

We already have, or will have placeable items for silos, sell points, sheds, buildings large and small. Garages, ramps, grass be gone, plows, gas pumps, water towers etc.

Why not just give us...blank templates, in so we can create our own farms?? The maps would be one large blank map, for us to fill.

We can plow our own paths. Place our own homes. Plow our own farms. Plant our own trees, or plant no trees. Put up fences...or no fences. The choices would be ours.

In addition, blank templates for many tastes.

Flat Midwest. Valleys. Mountains. Alps. Rolling hills, Hedgerows, i mean the choice would be ours, the Template we choose. Giants could create them, or Modders, which would not take the much time.

Not much in testing blank templates. And WE could be a part of creating what we like, to our tastes, without "buying a pc", or "applying to Giants".

I would really hope Giants would consider it.

Edit by Guil, thread title updated. Please don't try to tell users who can and can't reply to a thread.
JohnDeereLimo

Re: Can we have Blank template maps, for Consoles ? (console players opinions only please)...

Post by JohnDeereLimo »

The amount of work you just asked for is staggering
Deereslayer

Re: Can we have Blank template maps, for Consoles ? (console players opinions only please)...

Post by Deereslayer »

Yes, i agree completely. With the landscaping feature you can make fields, woods, whatever. Also could do elevation and depression. I think it would be as popular as a map making mode as just farming. I would spend hours trying to replicate where I live. This would be a big time feature.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Yep, agree @Deerslayer. I mean we already have the tools. Its just giving us the map. And that would be awesome replicating where we may live, or how we envision our ideal farm. And of course we all have our different visions of what that is, and have nobody to please but ourselves, being it's our own personal farm.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

It couldn't be completely blank. Placeable sell points, big enough to look realistic and interesting, would take an outrageous amount of slots on their own. We would also need a shop with a place we can sell too as the placeable workshops lack the sell feature.

If you make your own fields, you wouldn't have any missions as the computer generated farmers wouldn't exist. You would end up with a bunch of empty tracks of land, with no other fields around. I've never seen farm country that looks like that.

It's an idea that seems good in theory, but unfortunately wouldn't work in application.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
garyst

Post by garyst »

I like this idea alot as I really don't care for any of the maps currently available for consoles. Tried some of the new mod maps that were released last week and couldn't play more than a couple hours on them before I was already not liking them. Would like to make something like the lone oak map but alot flatter and use the colors and ground textures of estancia lapacho.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

@addicted Well, we already have the selling point placeables. And the shop is just a point where your equipment shows up. It can just as well show up at your farm, or another area of the map. You're really going to your menu and ordering the product. And you're right, there won't be "missions", but it is your farm. Welker Farms was sort of designed like this in mind. So as i said, its' not for everybody, but no map is.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

"console players opinions only please".. but u r asking for a blank map.. r u asking console users to make u this map?! I would assume u would want the opinions/suggestions of a modder.. someone who has made a map or 2.. I know there is some turbulence on the mod groups but not everyone is spoken for in those groups.. I might start by asking modders their thoughts on such a map and the work involved/features/possibilities.. might be a good place to start
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Well no @Jess, i'd like it from Giants, not a modder. Modders are nowhere in this conversation. This is for console conversation and Giants.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

A blank map sounds good, but as others point out, would not work with the current game.
An alternative (which has been suggested before) would be to allow players to remove/delete non-essential objects from maps. getting rid of all the extra buildings not related to a sell/purchase point. Fences, trees, shrubs, garbage cans, anything laying around that is not essential to the functionality of the map. Not only would it give the players more map to manipulate to their liking, but it would also free up a pile of slots for consoles since those objects would be released from memory.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Right, and in an ideal world, we wouldn't have these maps so congested with minutia that has relatively nothing to do with farming. Or in many cases, our type of farming. But the fact is, these maps, even in the modded world, are too congested trying to seemingly make everyone happy, as i said in my opening. And by trying to make everyone happy, you may make others very unhappy lol.

So, of course again, you're not gonna get everything here, but what you do get, is yours. Not what was placed there by someone else. However, if they could push your idea as well, sure why not. But that's not going to take away from the type of terrain and area folks may want to farm. If you're in the Alps, and don't want to farm in the Alps, taking minutia off the map will not change that.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Far too early for anything like this as we don't even have placeable trees yet :lol: And as stated above the very limited slots available it just wouldn't work.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Currently it won’t work, slots for one would be a huge problem. Also a shop would have to be pre placed. The idea has been tossed around a bit by a couple of us, this would be great to make a super small map. (Altenstein size)
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Well, the slot matter only matters of you want to put a million things lol. That's not what this is about. It's only an outlet for your own farm. A few silos, a selling area, your house, a garage, and some other things.

I was talking to a you tuber that streams this game, on these forums. He seemed to think, not only was it workable, but a great idea. I'm just posting it via thread now, because back then Giants was on vacation. So, maybe they'll comment about it and we'll see.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I doubt it we’ve discussed this before and giants probably saw that thread. And trust me the slots would be an issue. Building your own farm, let’s say 3 sell points, and everything else we would want (landscaping, trees) it would be a slight problem unless it’s a small area. We can’t exactly optimize it like a modder would.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer