Evolution of Farming Simulator

Post by iB055 »

Very cool to see how far it's come. *thumbsup*

https://youtu.be/8y4dzBhgyHk
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
RODHA

Re: Evolution of Farming Simulator

Post by RODHA »

Wow... When you see all of them back to back, the jumps between 13 - 15 -17 and 19 are huge.
And I still can't wrap my head around and point out specific issues why 19 doesn't feel as warm and as welcoming as 17.
Thanks for sharing mate :hi:
PS5 / FS22
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

RODHA wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:41 am Wow... When you see all of them back to back, the jumps between 13 - 15 -17 and 19 are huge.
And I still can't wrap my head around and point out specific issues why 19 doesn't feel as warm and as welcoming as 17.
I'm thinking the same lol... Can't put my finger on it but 19 just does not satisfy like 13, 15 and 17 did.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I’m in the same boat. It’s more of a feeling than any particular thing I can point to.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Its feels like they just turned the game brightness up. Titanfall 2 did this and the game didnt look right. The motion of the game was off so the whole game which relied on parkour suffered. Just like that game the rabid fans told everyone to get good a enjoy superior graphics.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

gilroy222 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:58 pm
RODHA wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:41 am Wow... When you see all of them back to back, the jumps between 13 - 15 -17 and 19 are huge.
I'm thinking the same lol... Can't put my finger on it but 19 just does not satisfy like 13, 15 and 17 did.
It's probably because it's missing a battle Royale mode
pingu

Post by pingu »

As I wrote a few weeks ago, I personally think that the 'feel' of FS do not necessarily depend that much on -- or even benefit from -- the normal criteria for what makes up 'better graphics' in a computer game, but rather something else that is hard for me to put my finger on. Of course 'better graphics' is better, as in more details, better lightning, etc. But it has be done with care so to not break the 'feeling' that many here seems to miss in FS19.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

theSeb wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:55 pm
It's probably because it's missing a battle Royale mode
[/quote]

That’s what EA would say, I’ve enjoyed fs19 but I’ve been waiting till really sinking time into it for two main reasons, I plan to get 19 on pc this summer and use that as my base for single player and use my PS4 to play multiplayer with guys I played 17 with but we’re waiting for a mod map (tombstone valley by somethinginmyshoe) and then we’re gonna really go to town farming so right now I’ve just been piddling around on my ravenport test mag occasionally and played other games waiting patiently
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

Wow, you don't really think there's that much of a difference between them until you see them all back to back. I played the heck out of 11 and 13 and I don't remember them lacking so much in the visual dept. :lol: I got 15 and then never really played it. Something about it didn't click with me and so I just kept playing 13. Probably the lack of duals on any tractor and the fact that I had a lot of mods for 13. Then I didn't play at all for a while until 17 came out.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

Anyone else notice the clips didnt line up with the years? And sometimes the “mobile” clips showed clips from PC/Console
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Walrusman02 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:23 pm Anyone else notice the clips didnt line up with the years? And sometimes the “mobile” clips showed clips from PC/Console
And there were a few clips from Pure Farming in there :lol:
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Corstaad wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 pm Its feels like they just turned the game brightness up. Titanfall 2 did this and the game didnt look right. The motion of the game was off so the whole game which relied on parkour suffered. Just like that game the rabid fans told everyone to get good a enjoy superior graphics.
There are button for adjusting brightness inside the game, only problem is that it does not work, because they turned the contrast up. Contrast between dark and light are now very strong. I tried FS19 on new tv, with high contrast and i could not play it. FS19 fits well to some older computer monitor with low contrast. Looks almost same as FS17. Anyway... my LG tv with vivid or it was something like that turned FS17 to FS19 i now play on my computer screen. So better get yourself a right screen. Also i am sure that TV has possible to take the contrast down somehow.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I play on console on a 4 month old 50” 4K tv. Brightness and contrast on default and have no problem with it at all. Picture looks perfect.

If you turn the settings up to the extremes they have them set on in the store to attract attention then the game looks awful, but then most do like that.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

The name of the problem is "auto exposure". That smart phone camera like effect when you face the sun or the opposite direction.
Some advanced monitors and TVs can handle that stupid effect and reduce it's intensity thus giving you a stable image other than constantly brightening up or darkening down environment.
But modders can fine tune it to create a really good image quality in general like Oxy has done with Marwell Manor.
The thing is, it should have been wisely adjusted by Giants in the first place.
PS5 / FS22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

It honestly just doesn't fell the same, I'm sure you guys will like it better once you get on a familiar map though, I for one am waiting on something by Redkeinstus
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer