Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

SwoopGB

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by SwoopGB »

I have to say, I like the slow paced feel of a 9 day season. Whether you play each day at x5 or x15, a 9 day season just feels nice and relaxed.

Apart from harvest time which is a mad panic and calling up mates and begging them to help.

And again in winter when all the wood chips are sold and the lads I cajoled into helping with the harvest spend 3 hours building a snow ramp 80ft high to try and throw my new tractor off like its a lemming. Those winter days can't ever be too long...
Countrykid1099farmer

Post by Countrykid1099farmer »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:11 pm Just a quick one for anyone who'll listen. When I play seasons (9 days @ 15x, skipping most nights) I find that the finance tab's ability to only display the last four days income, overheads and profit information really basic.

!Warning nerd alert! 😹I keep a folder with detailed information on EVERYTHING from weather and soil temps to accurate figures on wages and profit/loss statements on my harvests each year. I used a pre-line ruled page for each week detailing the profit and/or loss of my farming business. I use a pen and calculator as I'm a Gen X nerd.

At the end of the seasons year (4x9 days) I prepare a yearly summary and can see where my money went and where it came from. For example, I realised the solid/liquid fertiliser was costing a huge amount. I used oil seed, slurry and manure the next year to boost my bottom line.

Crazy I know, but maybe a bit more detailed financial section in the new seasons mod would be cool. I think so anyway!😸
I'm way late to comment on this but I do the exact same thing!! Makes me feel more into the game and more like my daily life!! Hope your cattle are doing well in your heatwave down there
Big ole Canadian cattle farmer
10,000 acres
500 head
2 meese (plural for moose) (rescue rehab home for the local conservation)
Claas and Kubota only

And before you ask I'm not a kid just made my name when I was young :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

^^^Wow, I didn't realise so many players did that. True, it does get you more involved..my families cows are ok. We run massive sprinklers during milkings that shoot cool water over the girls. My dad, brother an I have borrowed from the bank to build new sheds for the girls to shelter under.

We've been planting trees for the past few years as when we brought the farm there were none in the paddocks. We slash the fields after we water (by water I mean release a huge amount from our allocated channels, paying handsomely as the water inspector watches on) hoping our grass shoots up before the weeds.

Australia's drought is crippling our farming industry. Thank god Western Australian farmers are donating hay to the states of Queensland and New South Wales for their cattle. Western Australian farmers have slightly more rain at the moment. We have national hotlines and charities donating hay, food, money, toys for farmer's children set up now, it's helping, but as some of you know farmers are a proud and dignified bunch and wouldn't ask for anything no matter what.

Some of us haven't had decent rain for 3 or 4 years. We buy our water, and it costs a lot. The donations of hay have been a huge help to some, but it costs an enormous amount of money to transport hay 3500kms across country. The road trains are only running because like minded Australian's are donating their trucks, gear, fuel and time to help us out.

Farmer's here are killing their stock rather than see them starve to death. Pregnant Mummy cows are dying as their unborn calves take all there strength and nutrients well before they're ready to be born.

City folk judge our farmers for the above. Some Aussie farmers have committed suicide rather than see there third generation farms go under. It really is sad, but we'll get through....

Sorry to bring the mood down, I just started typing and didn't stop...thanks for reading if you made it this far😿
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 am ^^^Wow, I didn't realise so many players did that. True, it does get you more involved..my families cows are ok. We run massive sprinklers during milkings that shoot cool water over the girls. My dad, brother an I have borrowed from the bank to build new sheds for the girls to shelter under.

We've been planting trees for the past few years as when we brought the farm there were none in the paddocks. We slash the fields after we water (by water I mean release a huge amount from our allocated channels, paying handsomely as the water inspector watches on) hoping our grass shoots up before the weeds.

Australia's drought is crippling our farming industry. Thank god Western Australian farmers are donating hay to the states of Queensland and New South Wales for their cattle. Western Australian farmers have slightly more rain at the moment. We have national hotlines and charities donating hay, food, money, toys for farmer's children set up now, it's helping, but as some of you know farmers are a proud and dignified bunch and wouldn't ask for anything no matter what.

Some of us haven't had decent rain for 3 or 4 years. We buy our water, and it costs a lot. The donations of hay have been a huge help to some, but it costs an enormous amount of money to transport hay 3500kms across country. The road trains are only running because like minded Australian's are donating their trucks, gear, fuel and time to help us out.

Farmer's here are killing their stock rather than see them starve to death. Pregnant Mummy cows are dying as their unborn calves take all there strength and nutrients well before they're ready to be born.

City folk judge our farmers for the above. Some Aussie farmers have committed suicide rather than see there third generation farms go under. It really is sad, but we'll get through....

Sorry to bring the mood down, I just started typing and didn't stop...thanks for reading if you made it this far😿
It's always enlightening to get a perspective insight into what real life farmers & farming in general have to go through.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 »

reallogger wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 pm I always liked the feeling of days passing and used 9 day either at 5x or 15x depending on how much work there was. I never went to 1x even if that meant I lost some crops. At 5x I always had the challenge and satisfaction to do work more efficiently as the farm grew with more animals and more fields.
I agree Reallogger, I like the longer seasons and speed up time a little if necessary when caught up a little. I like the idea of not finishing a field and having to park up the equipment for the night and getting started back in the morning after taking care of the morning chores of caring for animals. In FS-17 I once tried keeping a game save in time with a in-game year same as a real life year. I only play around 1 to 2 hours a day so I kept the time at 5x to 15x and the max season length of 24 day seasons. Worked out pretty good, but soon realized that I would only get money from two harvests in before FS-19 would be out and that would not be enough to be able to fully enjoy all the aspects of the game, such as purchasing more land, and animals, and larger equipment before going over to FS-19. So I then switched to 9 day seasons with time never going below 5x and still playing around 1 - 2 hours a day and worked great. One full in-game year lasted around 4 to 6 months, still didn't have the time to buy all the land on Lone Oak Farm map but was still able to enjoy making plenty money from multiple harvests and working with larger equipment and animals. The way the Seasons lengths are now I think are perfect, so that weather a person has the time to play 1 hour a day or 5 hours a day they can still have the time and choices to enjoy the game to it's fullest extent.
One thing I really liked also with Seasons mod was the new maintenance and repairs feature. I like the new maintenance option Giants has implemented in 19 better than 17, but I still rather the maintenance and repair option in Seasons mod. I like how if you don't repair or maintain the vehicle it will quit while working in the field or may not start at all until repaired, as opposed to just slowing down while working as Giants has it now. Lets face it, as much as maintenance and repairs may not be very fun in real life it is a real part of farming.
Just a suggestion if possible with Seasons 19; would I think be another great part of the repairs side is if you could cause the player to loose time to make the repairs. In real life, that is one of the problems of having to do repairs is that a farmer may loose hours out of his day having to remove the part, find and purchase the part then install the new part. Would be cool if when the player selects to repair the piece of equipment that just broke down on him in the field, besides having to pay for the repair, time would also speed up for a couple of hours or so as well then go back to the players previous setting after the repair is made and allowing the player to go back to his normal duties.
At any rate, Thank You Realismus Modding and all modders for all your hard work to make Farming Simulator an even more realistic farming game.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 »

^^^ Very good point Drmattymd, like your idea better.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

@Drmattymd - so maybe it just won't start/turn-on during that time? I've been known to hack-around vehicles.xml (on FS17) to give myself "old used" equipment, and getting them home can be a challenge.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

Very excited. Hope GIANTS will put this at the top of their reveiw list as all of us are patiently waiting for this great extension to the game. Keep it up yall!
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

You know, it will be months before it's finished lol
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Alagos wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm You know, it will be months before it's finished lol
Just in time for the last of the release bugs to be patched, and for third party mod releases to hit their critical mass! It'll be perfect timing!

I'm actually not being sarcastic; it's going to be some sweet farmin' times when that all comes together *thumbsup*

And I'm old and patient now so what's a few months ?? :lol: :lol:
EcKo

Post by EcKo »

Are you foreing when the mod season will be released?
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

Any chance to have daylight savings time on the seasons clock schedule?
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

@ TaintedBlackCat No worries my friend. Everybody's gotta vent sometimes. Farming is a tough living these days no matter where you are in the world. I was actually intrigued a little to see what the situation was like in Australia. Up until recently, I didn't even realize that Australia was as big in the ag industry as it is.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Walrusman02 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:27 pm Any chance to have daylight savings time on the seasons clock schedule?
Actually daylight savings time have always been part of Seasons. It's just that we did not give players any notice when going from winter to summer and vice versa. In GEO's it was possible to turn DST on or off, but not sure any GEO actually used that opporunity. There are so many things in Seasons that go unnoticed :D
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

reallogger wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:22 am
Walrusman02 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:27 pm Any chance to have daylight savings time on the seasons clock schedule?
Actually daylight savings time have always been part of Seasons. It's just that we did not give players any notice when going from winter to summer and vice versa. In GEO's it was possible to turn DST on or off, but not sure any GEO actually used that opporunity. There are so many things in Seasons that go unnoticed :D
Actually, I believe I remember reading about it in the help menu for seasons way back when. Didn't you guys offset what hour it got dark at or something?
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel