Marwell Manor is Finally Here!

BreadedVirus

Re: Marwell Manor is Finally Here!

Post by BreadedVirus »

sootysax wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:06 pm from Oxygendavid_farmingsimulator on Facebook :

if you are on pc download this zip and place the 2 files inside in your "sellpoints" folder in your zip folder and it will fix it if you dont want to wait for update :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hp0ufv7cxl11 ... s.zip?dl=0
Worked a treat..thanks *thumbsup*

Also added the SALES POINT FOR MILK AND EGGS mod to the map for more places to sell.

http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... eggs-v1-0/
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

Honestly looks like my neck of the woods in Virginia, minus the tiny main roads, wrong way drivers and hedgerows. Other than that, Very similar. Love the fighter jet flyin by too
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Might have missed it if so I'm sorry....but can you delete the hedges to join fields?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

I found out that the sellpoint at the BGA buys my Eggs. Has a lower Price (on medium) but with 2.9 k it was still pretty good - not 3.6 k good like it would be at the egg-sellpoint but better as a pile of boxes and no one to sell to...

The bga has still a better Price than the barn. sold one bale for 2k at the bga (which is 500 if my math is right) and 1.334 at the barn which was 334 on medium economy. I mowed the starting grass field and got 120 bales in the first run.

The hedges can not be deleted by terraforming. You can lower the Terrain under it but they won't disappear. Don't know if you can raise the terain and cover them...
PS4 und PC
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:25 am Might have missed it if so I'm sorry....but can you delete the hedges to join fields?
AFAIK no. The hedges don't have collisions though, so you could go through the hedges with the plow.

Allthough maybe the plow can plow down the hedges...

....like you can with bushes.

But honestly, it's a british map...

....and british farm areas don't usually have absoulutley massive fields.

IMO I like the hedges splitting up the fields...

...but I guess your a farmer in the US and this is not a normal scenario for a field....

....but what do I know anyway?
G'day
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 am AFAIK no. The hedges don't have collisions though, so you could go through the hedges with the plow.
The hedges do have collisions. But it only affects bales (to stop rolling) and harvester headers as it does in almost all of David's maps.
PS5 / FS22
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

RODHA wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:34 am
Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 am AFAIK no. The hedges don't have collisions though, so you could go through the hedges with the plow.
The hedges do have collisions. But it only affects bales (to stop rolling) and harvester headers as it does in almost all of David's maps.
That explains my Crash (or "crashes") yesterday: I drove the auto-baletrailer (square bales) on a shortcut to the BGA and had no Problem. I did the same with the mahindra and some eggs on it. The mahindra flipped upside down and lost the strapped egg-boxes :shock:
After I threw the boxes over the hedge and went on i stacked roundbales on the IT-Runner (had 6 loads with the roundbale-autoload-trailer) and tried to go the hedge and crashed again. At least the straps were working this time...

Had to go over the main road and hit some trees (and cars). Don't know what to do now. I don't want to go 10 times from the grassfield (15?) to the bga if I can do it in 3 slow runs...
PS4 und PC
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Take a close look at the hedge rows, some sections have fence mixed in with the the plants, move up or down the row to find a different spot to cut through
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

I went through that same spot. There is no fence just an invisible collision. Makes sense if it is supposed to stop bales from rolling out of bounds...
PS4 und PC
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Very nice UK map, much better than i expected. I was not very much exited about these UK maps in FS17, mostly because courseplay and helpers would not work there, but thanks to newer version of courseplay and the missing of hedge collision, it is possible to use courseplay (still beta) on this map.

For me biggest let down was that i need to buy all the equipment at start, even the things i do not need later, because all the fields need plowing and lime.
Osmin60

Post by Osmin60 »

Been playing for a few game hours on the map and was happy to find the "back way" to the store. I noticed MrSealyP shows it in his Let's Play now. It is a bit treacherous at night to get over that little bridge! I think the map is very playable. I would like find out from some math person what the sizes are for the different fields. Field 19 seems huge. My one contribution is probably super obvious, but it is to put the placeable seed and fertilizer silos right beside the lime silo along with the pressure washer! I also placed a few lights along that area that light up the whole area and the inside of the sheds across from them.
Ida-ken

Post by Ida-ken »

I'm in love with this map already have 50 hours played on it. Only issues I have run into is the selling of eggs and milk(which we all know) but also I can't empty the silage bunkers both at the bga and the farm. The bga seems to be because it's close to the border of the 17 mill land. But I have no idea why I can't empty the very back of the farm bunker. I think the cover has glitched into the ground somehow. This map has rekindled my love for farming sim.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Those hedges do have collisions just as they were in Coldborough Park for round bales in FS17. What bothers me about them is any vehicle or tool can go through them except for combine headers so making some corners is a pain.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Osmin60 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:44 am I would like find out from some math person what the sizes are for the different fields. Field 19 seems huge.
According to Courseplay:
15: 7.0 hectares
18: 13.24 hectares
19: 8.24 hectares

Looking at those numbers, they may be acres, not hectares. I use acres in the game, and I'm not sure if Courseplay converts those numbers. I haven't played the map that long, so I really don't have a feel for the fields yet.
Playing on PC
Tippwarrior

Post by Tippwarrior »

hpmc13 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm
Osmin60 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:44 am I would like find out from some math person what the sizes are for the different fields. Field 19 seems huge.
According to Courseplay:
15: 7.0 hectares
18: 13.24 hectares
19: 8.24 hectares

Looking at those numbers, they may be acres, not hectares. I use acres in the game, and I'm not sure if Courseplay converts those numbers. I haven't played the map that long, so I really don't have a feel for the fields yet.

That's great to know thanks very much. Now my plan of converting F15 into a grass field is very plausible and F19 into arable. Win win as I'm not too keen on those electricity poles and find that it may be better suited to being grass so any missed spots by the worker won't result in any major losses of income.