Increased animal revenue

Chainsawcrazy

Increased animal revenue

Post by Chainsawcrazy »

Would be really great if the game had a full slaughterhouse and butcher shop where you cut the meat and sell it. It would Make animals even more profitable. Chicken pork beef are tasty
Infrastructure contractor tasty beef farmer
MarkSH

Re: Increased animal revenue

Post by MarkSH »

Nah, more info about profit would be better, so you'd know what you're aiming for. Horses could do with nerfing, they're effectively a cash cheat at just shy of 4500 a day per horse.
Cliff notes is chickens give you about 20 credits per chicken per day, sheep give you about 100 per sheep per day, pigs about 150 per pig per day and cows 230 per cow per day. And for pigs you're just as well off on Easy economy buying pig food as the usual selling price for the items totals up to about the same cost.
szechla

Post by szechla »

if you take horse helper mod out of equation, the horses profitability takes a huge drop when you take the time it takes to ride them into consideration
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

MarkSH wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:35 pm Nah, more info about profit would be better, so you'd know what you're aiming for. Horses could do with nerfing, they're effectively a cash cheat at just shy of 4500 a day per horse.
Cliff notes is chickens give you about 20 credits per chicken per day, sheep give you about 100 per sheep per day, pigs about 150 per pig per day and cows 230 per cow per day. And for pigs you're just as well off on Easy economy buying pig food as the usual selling price for the items totals up to about the same cost.
When you start putting in the amount of time and investment to get 230 per cow per day its a awful return on gameplay. Recently sold my Felsbrunn dairy farm after 160 hours. I came out 650k postive for my time. Might sound good but its not when you consider you buried easily millions into depreciation. I never could afford equipment upgrades and game stagnated.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

If you get the pigs up to 291 they reproduce every half hour, if clean. That means I can sell a trailer of 9 for $9k every 4.5 hours if I keep them clean, fed, and watered. (normal econ)
I am not focused on pigs exclusively, though, they get time between the harvesting of the cotton, but they are returning the investment of the pen and the 27 pigs I started with. (plus all the food I bought)
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Yeah Seedy people calculate on what it all cost for a few of them and then they figure that it is a waste of time and effort. Forgetting that the more you have the faster the reproduce.
And having horses don't really take up much time out of the day. 10 Horses take 50 minutes but you don't have to do it all in one sitting. Just do 1 or 2 at a time every hour or so. The best way to do horses is make a course that get's them to the %100 by the time you get back to the pen. Or even go 2.5 minutes straight out and back again.
PS4
PS5
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

Well cows eat a lot more than the others and so the big cow pasture holds far too many cows: they eat 380l a day each, so 200 cows will need 76000l of food each and every day. It makes the big cow pasture too hard to handle, the small one will do far more cows than one person can reasonably manage in a single player game. I think they should cut the amount of food used by cows by half. If you have the biogas plant then you more than double your profit per cow, but if you don't have it, then you still nearly double the profit. So half may be a BIT much without cutting the production per cow as well.

Pigs eat about 80l of food a day, for an example, and they earn ~150 per pig per day.

Moreover, as well as just the fact that it's about an hour out of every 24 you need to spend on the horses, you don't need to put more than a few up anyway, they make enough even on their own. Two sold full price horses pay back your investment and after that it's all profit making.

I think that the profit per day should be lower to begin with and it should be effort to keep the rate high.

Here's a suggested method.

At 100% efficiency, horses gain 100 per day in value,each day that increase is doubled (capped to 50k value for the horse), so that in 10 days the horse is going to hit the cap, if you keep it maxed out for the full 10 days. But most of that increase is in the last two. Cash out early because you need the money and you lose some of that increase, but it will still be a lot more than the other animals.

However, if the efficiency is less, then the increase is lowered by that amount and the next doubling is based on that lower figure. That means if you miss out on a day you make the payout time longer, and the more often you miss hitting 100% the longer that will get, exponentially.

Eg. if you always hit 80%:

100*.8=80 increase, not 100.
80*2*.8=128 increase, not 200
128*2*.8=204 increase, not 400

And so on.

So horses are a time investment and for a good 10 days if you want full value per day, longer if you don't keep up.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Corstaad wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:52 pm
MarkSH wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:35 pm Nah, more info about profit would be better, so you'd know what you're aiming for. Horses could do with nerfing, they're effectively a cash cheat at just shy of 4500 a day per horse.
When you start putting in the amount of time and investment to get 230 per cow per day its a awful return on gameplay. Recently sold my Felsbrunn dairy farm after 160 hours. I came out 650k postive for my time. Might sound good but its not when you consider you buried easily millions into depreciation. I never could afford equipment upgrades and game stagnated.
The worst part is when you consider I was clearing the majority of my daily income from running every possible fertilizer mission on Felsbrunn. I'm saying this again after pointing it out at the beginning of FS19 whoever decided to tune certain animal income did a major disservice to this edition. Just looking at potential earnings without accounting input costs and amount of time was foolish.
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

Cows are a heavy investment since you can't offload cow feeding to AI, so you single human being have to do that work. THAT SAID, you're not thinking.

Have a hay barn and a silo. Fill the silo and get silage. Stack it up an a BIG container.
Take the hay barn and fill it. You can store 15 days of food like this for 100 cows. That means 23 grand a day profit and you have three days of work making enough hay to refill the barn and silo every 15 days.

Apart from that, you need to spend 2 minutes going to your cowshed and cleaning up the feed trough and refilling the water.

So for 3 days work, properly arranged, you get 350k. That's better ROI than a full three days faffing about in contract work, though less than you'd get with 30 acres of wheat that would also net something of the order of 350-450k for three days work, depending on prices.

Here's where it gets a bit squiffy for the maps that come in the game. It's hard to find a place where you can set this all up, because much of this requires flat space and enough in an area large enough to contain the silo, the barn, the cow pasture and water tank, plus the equipment and trailers.

The biggest problem in 19 compared to 17 is that in 17 you had space because the pastures were prebuilt whilst you have to look for places to build in 19, and you will likely have to nuke land you could use for normal farming.

What you should be doing is either

a) planning on spending a few days grinding in one area to stock up feed for your cattle
b) letting the cows increase in number (free cows) until you're spending as much time as you feel like on feeding the cows and then selling the new arrivals.

When you bought 230 cows YOU made it a huge sink of cash. YOU chose that.

Buy 30. Let the number increase. If you find you're spending more time than you'd like, sell off a wodge of cattle. If that is still too many, sell more. If you're finding that you have spare time, let them grow up again.

The poor decisions you made do not make animal husbandry broken. Just your methods.
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

Chainsawcrazy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 pm Would be really great if the game had a full slaughterhouse and butcher shop where you cut the meat and sell it. It would Make animals even more profitable. Chicken pork beef are tasty
I believe that for now, modders can't create factories, due to Giants withholding the necessary "stuff". Sooner or later all those mods made for FS17 will be converted for FS19 and you'll be able to sell steaks and sausages.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Seedy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:26 am If you get the pigs up to 291 they reproduce every half hour, if clean. That means I can sell a trailer of 9 for $9k every 4.5 hours if I keep them clean, fed, and watered. (normal econ)
I am not focused on pigs exclusively, though, they get time between the harvesting of the cotton, but they are returning the investment of the pen and the 27 pigs I started with. (plus all the food I bought)
Do you have enough manure or slurry to use for your fields?
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Riven326 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:59 pm
Seedy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:26 am If you get the pigs up to 291 they reproduce every half hour, if clean. That means I can sell a trailer of 9 for $9k every 4.5 hours if I keep them clean, fed, and watered. (normal econ)
Do you have enough manure or slurry to use for your fields?
Lol, I don't know if it even possible to have enough.
They don't really produce it very fast, compared to how much you have to use on a field.
I usually sell the manure, and use digestate, but it seems to take around 50k litres for one field (21 on Felsbrunn)
I haven't figured out if selling the slurry, or using it is better.
Odd thing though, I tried using Zunhammer 18.5, with and without the cultivator attached, and it seemed to get the same coverage as the Samson PG II 20, with the sprayer.
I'm thinking that just buying liquid fert is more cost effective; time, and money, wise.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:52 am Yeah Seedy people calculate on what it all cost for a few of them and then they figure that it is a waste of time and effort. Forgetting that the more you have the faster the reproduce.
And having horses don't really take up much time out of the day. 10 Horses take 50 minutes but you don't have to do it all in one sitting. Just do 1 or 2 at a time every hour or so. The best way to do horses is make a course that get's them to the %100 by the time you get back to the pen. Or even go 2.5 minutes straight out and back again.
That’s what I did on Ravenport, walk a horse slowly in a straight line while I viewed the see-through information windows, turning around at 50% execise.
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

Once the Fabric Script arrive for FS19, we will see many factories for animal revenue, for example, dairy for butter and cream, textiles factory for clothes, factory for meat and burgers etc.

Patience until Fabric Script arrive, and then not only animals' revenue will increase but much more, for example, mill for bread, factory for potato chips etc.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

The.EuroFarmer wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:10 pm Once the Fabric Script arrive for FS19, we will see many factories for animal revenue, for example, dairy for butter and cream, textiles factory for clothes, factory for meat and burgers etc.

Patience until Fabric Script arrive, and then not only animals' revenue will increase but much more, for example, mill for bread, factory for potato chips etc.
As it has 'script' in it's name, I'm thinking: not available on console?